Sponsored

What have you heard? Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?

10Terp

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Expedition, '12 Mustang GT, '06 Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One word, entitlement.

“I’ve been waiting 69,000 days since my aunt’s neighbor’s mechanic’s best friend told me the bronco was coming back! Give me a spotless bronco NOW!!!”
I have nothing to add, other than nice.
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious to know what you have heard from FMC customer service, your dealer, or via any connections you might have. Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?
My dealer said good luck with that!!

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FMC customer service told me my Bronco was still in order processing. Course I ordered 3-1-22. Call me caboose.
Someone posted a while back saying all 21's will be done in March, and all 22's will be done this year. Sounds very optimistic, maybe even farfetched, though I dont know the production numbers of MAP, or how many actual orders Ford has.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really hope they at least get the chip hold build done and on the road.
Yes they still have an investment in the chip hold vehicles and letting those sit is not good for the bottom line. Add that to the fact there are “chips” and the constraint is more of internal priority to make whatever low essential module they ran short on. Now that orders are shut down it would be reasonable they would target Q2 or maybe Q3 deliveries for chip hold. I know reasonable and Ford don’t go well together but I think this will happen.

Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I changed my order to avoid constraints. Changed it back to everything we want.
1. Told my wife to shove it about side steps. I know she isn't buying two more car seats for our sweet girls.
2. HOSS 3.0
3. I'd rather wait then settle. I married late and wouldn't change her except for about ten things.
4. I'm really stupid and hope my wife doesn't see this.
5. What was this thread about?
6. Don't care about price protection.

I called Ford marketing on Friday.
I placed my order on day 3. Yes - idiot me, was debating if I need a Bronco or not...
I have ordered in February 2021.
I was in my late 40's then. Now I am in my 50's. In the meanwhile I got a small SUV, a Maverick truck and ordered another truck (to come soon).

On Friday, Ford Marketing gave me the same story we all know too well: constraints (I have listed a bunch of them to the point that all my virtual Bronco is a constraint).

Now I'd be really excited to get any relevant info about my order.
Would I like the Bronco to show up on my dealer right now, Knowing it came straight from the dirt mountain, snow mountain, mud hole and all shady places? Maybe not...
I will definitely look for any sign of rust on it!

In the meanwhile I see 4-door Broncos w soft tops every day on the streets (S Florida).
I would still not change my order.
However...
IMPORTANT: from Ford Marketing I got the Price Protection number (for the '21 to '22 model)!
They recommend to give it to the dealer before engaging in needless talks!

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can't complete the manual transmission builds until they find workers who know how to drive them off the assembly line. ;)
Finally the first good explanation as to why my Badlands 2 Door 7 MT has yet to be scheduled for production.

Jtouliatos

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That doesn’t make any sense. Also stop calling them.
That doesn’t make any sense. Also stop calling them.
Your right, I’ll stop calling then. I’m probably taking people off the line slowing up all our orders. ( sarcasm again in case you don’t recognize it, again)

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are this many people still on unemployment? That’s all I can assume with how much day drinking some of you seem to do.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your right, I’ll stop calling then. I’m probably taking people off the line slowing up all our orders. ( sarcasm again in case you don’t recognize it, again)
You guys realize they’re just trained to read from a computer screen, right? They don’t have special information, they’re call center people…you know more about the Bronco than they do. Everything about your order is on your reservation page, they don’t know anymore than that.

Sponsored

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if it's built you're still waiting weeks for delivery. I think I'm on day 27 of waiting for delivery. I live bout 2hrs from Detroit.
Doesn't make me feel optimistic I will get my Badlands soon with a scheduled build week of 9th May 2022. I am a very early August 2020 reservation holder. Have a VIN.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you could be preventing people with actual questions that could be answered from getting answers.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, in these northern states, we pour salt all over the roads to melt the ice. So, yeah, pretty much everything around here does rust at some point. Maybe not after a couple months.
I live in the Midwest and deal with the winter salt. So are they salting the Broncos as they sit on the lot? Seems to me there is more of a chance for rust if they’re on a road? They would rust more sitting on a lot in Hawaii than in Michigan.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@OCNORB1974
1) This is not about sitting for "only a couple of months" on the dirt/snow mountain. But longer than that. Please check on the first reports on that
2) If you consider the metal used on 2002 vehicles and the one used today are same quality... then I wish you keep dreaming.
Just read on a different forum about spots of rust on a 2020 model SUV after only one winter.
Same for rubber seals when exposed to direct sun and heat.
There are reasons why people prefer keeping their vehicles in the garage and turning on the engine once on a while if they don't use it for extended time
If you’re that worried about rust maybe you need to buy something else, a horse maybe? How do you know how long other vehicles you’ve owned have sat before you actually owned them? You don’t.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in the Midwest and deal with the winter salt. So are they salting the Broncos as they sit on the lot? Seems to me there is more of a chance for rust if they’re on a road? They would rust more sitting on a lot in Hawaii than in Michigan.
I guess I don't know the layout from the plant to ice mountain, but if they have to move them, and there is ice, I think salt is a possibility.
Sponsored