Sponsored

Priority: General question, Do all the orders that were "reserved" have to be build before the orders without a reservation from a dealer?

RichardB

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
General question, Do all the orders that were "reserved" have to be build before the orders without a reservation from a dealer? As in, If Someone walked into a dealership and placed an order today are they put on the bottom of the list? Just curious how Ford prioritize orders.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a priority system... and the priority is generally as follows:
  1. Priority codes 1-9 (special orders that only Ford can place), dependent on component availability
  2. Reservation orders, dependent on component availability and dealer/regional allocations
  3. Priority codes 10-19 (retail orders), dependent on component availability and dealer/regional allocations
  4. Priority codes 20-80 (stock orders), dependent on component availability and dealer/regional allocations
Note that everything is dependent on component availability and dealer/regional allocations. So if none of the reservation orders can be built due to the lack of components, Ford will go down the list until they can find the next buildable order.

Edit: The part of the priority system that causes a lot of grief for people on this forum is the "dealer/regional allocations" part. Ford has a system in place that... generally speaking... rewards higher performing dealers with more vehicles based on past sales performance. But this means that one dealer's stock orders get priority over another dealer's reservation orders... all because the second dealer didn't get enough allocation. So, in effect, you as a Bronco order holder can be punished with extended wait times all because you picked a dealer that doesn't have enough allocation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a priority system... and the priority is generally as follows:
  1. Priority codes 1-9 (special orders that only Ford can place), dependent on component availability
  2. Reservation orders, dependent on component availability and dealer/regional allocations
  3. Priority codes 10-19 (retail orders), dependent on component availability and dealer/regional allocations
  4. Priority codes 20-80 (stock orders), dependent on component availability and dealer/regional allocations
Note that everything is dependent on component availability and dealer/regional allocations. So if none of the reservation orders can be built due to the lack of components, Ford will go down the list until they can find the next buildable order.

Edit: The part of the priority system that causes a lot of grief for people on this forum is the "dealer/regional allocations" part. Ford has a system in place that... generally speaking... rewards higher performing dealers with more vehicles based on past sales performance. But this means that one dealer's stock orders get priority over another dealer's reservation orders... all because the second dealer didn't get enough allocation. So, in effect, you as a Bronco order holder can be punished with extended wait times all because you picked a dealer that doesn't have enough allocation.

Thank you.. I just ordered two week ago with no reservation from a dealer in Idaho. I was just trying to figure out a time frame

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's how they claim it works, but I believe a demented Pennywise circus clown is really behind the distribution decision generator.
I'm only two weeks in. And find myself constantly checking my email...lol

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
General question, Do all the orders that were "reserved" have to be build before the orders without a reservation from a dealer? As in, If Someone walked into a dealership and placed an order today are they put on the bottom of the list? Just curious how Ford prioritize orders.
No. @Ford Motor Company promised they would do it that way again and again and again…in their FAQs, in tweets from their head of communication, in interviews with the Bronco Brand manager…but then they abandoned their commitment. So the answer is no.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm only two weeks in. And find myself constantly checking my email...lol
Christmas day was my 501st day of waiting since reservation. Welcome to the party, pal.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If a dealer has allocation, the builds go to the buildable units based on timestamp. If a dealer has 10 orders, and only 1 is buildable based on part constraints, that timestamp will no longer matter...whether you're number 10 on the list or simply a stock order that was just put in.

This makes those who have reservations to wait even longer as dealers will run out of allocation forcing many to be delayed into 2022 and beyond... You can have a day 1 reservation for a 2-door MIC top waiting, waiting, waiting...while the 2.3, 4-door, soft top, Outer Banks get built and delivered by the thousands.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you.. I just ordered two week ago with no reservation from a dealer in Idaho. I was just trying to figure out a time frame
It'll depend entirely on what you ordered. If your order has none of the constrained items, you're looking at probably a 6-8 month wait. If your order has a bunch of the constrained items... there is a chance you'll get bumped to 2023.

But safe to say that you can probably stop checking your email for the next 3-4 months regardless of what you ordered. Most of us (myself included) will be hitting the 1-year anniversary of our order date in the next few months, and relatively small number have actually gotten build dates.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't want to crush your dreams, but it may be a while. Ford traditionally sends out build confirmation emails on Thursdays, but they are on holiday so probably nothing this week.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'll depend entirely on what you ordered. If your order has none of the constrained items, you're looking at probably a 6-8 month wait. If your order has a bunch of the constrained items... there is a chance you'll get bumped to 2023.

But safe to say that you can probably stop checking your email for the next 3-4 months regardless of what you ordered. Most of us (myself included) will be hitting the 1-year anniversary of our order date in the next few months, and relatively small number have actually gotten build dates.
Welp……. I ordered all the things that I shouldn’t have. But I wanted what I wanted.
Ford Bronco Priority: General question, Do all the orders that were "reserved" have to be build before the orders without a reservation from a dealer? 1640888404384

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't want to crush your dreams, but it may be a while. Ford traditionally sends out build confirmation emails on Thursdays, but they are on holiday so probably nothing this week.
Figured as much. All I have is a order confirmation email from Ford

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
If a dealer has allocation, the builds go to the buildable units based on timestamp. If a dealer has 10 orders, and only 1 is buildable based on part constraints, that timestamp will no longer matter...whether you're number 10 on the list or simply a stock order that was just put in.

This makes those who have reservations to wait even longer as dealers will run out of allocation forcing many to be delayed into 2022 and beyond... You can have a day 1 reservation for a 2-door MIC top waiting, waiting, waiting...while the 2.3, 4-door, soft top, Outer Banks get built and delivered by the thousands.
I think by their process, by using parts to build what they can build so there is never surplus for the builds with more constraints, mathematically there are some builds that will never get built until all other orders are filled. I certainly feel like my Bronco falls into this category. I fully expect my second order (cause I actually need two vehicles now) which is simpler to get picked up first even though it was only ordered a few weeks ago and the build I really want was a week one reservation.
Sponsored