Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I look up online what the tow package is for the F150, it is: The Max Trailer Tow Package consists of a 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness, Class IV receiver hitch, 3.55 electronically locking rear differential, 36-gallon fuel tank, auxiliary transmission and engine oil coolers, an integrated trailer brake controller, and an upgraded front stabilizer bar.
Just to point out: what you looked up is the “MAX Tow” package, which is vastly different than the “Tow” package on F-150’s.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has been discussed and settled so many times here.

Factory tow package is:

2” Class II Receiver
4 and 7 pin wiring harness.

No additional coolers, no upgraded brakes.

Reported different rear springs.

Additionally, there is a lot that goes into that 7-pin harness, making it “required” for the plug-and-play brake controller that is available as an accessory.

The wiring harness available as an accessory is only the 4-pin.

If you only want a receiver (for a bike rack) or only ever need a 4-pin for occasional light towing… it’s likely going to be a relatively easy, and cheaper, job to do it after the fact (whenever those parts become available). You wouldn’t be “missing out” on any functionality with this use-case.

If you think you’re going to want the functionality of a 7-pin, or pushing the tongue weight to the max on a regular basis, the information available to us at this time (including wiring diagrams, etc, all available in the other threads discussing this exact question), leads me to recommend just spec’ing it from the factory.

I know this is an older thread, but Ford does sell the module and harness to add the factory spec 4/7 pin trailer plug on their accessory page. It can be added as a dealer-installed option, or you can do it yourself with basic hand tools. You'll need to take it to the dealer to have them activate the module or find a way to do it yourself (forscan or similar)

I just did it. I haven't activated the module yet. I'll update this comment when I get it sorted out.