Sponsored

What is it about the Bronco making production so difficult?

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why. What is it with the Bronco that's making production crawl still? Is there more to it than just demand? I get it, it's popular but 2.5 years later Ford is still dropping the ball on this.

Ford just opened orders for the brand new Mustang a few months back and there's already sightings of hundreds of them at the factory. People are getting delivery dates and production emails. Even caught photos of some on delivery trucks.

The Bronco Sport can be seen everywhere and dealers have plenty sitting in lots, in my area anyway.

FCA/Jeep is pumping out Wranglers and Gladiators left and right, even the 4xe versions. My nearest dealership has 26 Wranglers and 30 Gladiators available.

Tesla has doubled their 2023 production vs 2022 and they use a lot of chips.

Those of you who have been waiting since 2020, ya'll got some super-human level of patience lol
Sponsored

buckhorn_cortez

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, SHO, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not convinced there is a problem. I placed an order for a Bronco in late April 2023 and my Bronco is scheduled for production in early August. That's about the same amount of order lead time I've had with other vehicles I've ordered from Ford for the past 35 years.

Some recent delays may be due to Ford making changes to the Wayne production facility to produce Broncos and Rangers simultaneously instead of doing dedicated production runs of one vehicle at a time.

Last edited:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The problem as I see it is the volume of Ranger orders and for whatever reason the Ranger chassis is earmarked for 110% of Ranger production and what's leftover underpins whatever Broncos they see fit to build ---which is upside down. More options and more profit margin building Broncos than Rangers.

Moosie

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 edge st. 2015 corvette z51
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got my first black diamond SAS 4 door in September 2021. Ordered a replacement March 27, build June 15 traded in June 19 for under a 1000 difference. No problems.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not convinced there is a problem. I placed an order for a Bronco in late April 2023 and my Bronco is scheduled for production in early August. That's about the same amount of order lead time I've had with other vehicles I've ordered from Ford for the past 35 years.

Some recent delays may be due to Ford making changes to the Wayne production facility to produce Broncos and Rangers simultaneously instead of doing dedicated production runs of one vehicle at a time.
That sounds pretty reasonable. Did you have a Lux or Squatch package?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My local dealers still can't get vehicles, we are not back to pre-pandemic supply chain. I know in my world of vehicle upfitting we still have LONG lead times on almost everything, the last 3 years have been brutal. I can't get parts or my customers can't get vehicles one or the other.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy running Ford is a real tool and is more concerned trying to be a rockstar nerd than actually running the company.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why. What is it with the Bronco that's making production crawl still? Is there more to it than just demand? I get it, it's popular but 2.5 years later Ford is still dropping the ball on this.

Ford just opened orders for the brand new Mustang a few months back and there's already sightings of hundreds of them at the factory. People are getting delivery dates and production emails. Even caught photos of some on delivery trucks.

The Bronco Sport can be seen everywhere and dealers have plenty sitting in lots, in my area anyway.

FCA/Jeep is pumping out Wranglers and Gladiators left and right, even the 4xe versions. My nearest dealership has 26 Wranglers and 30 Gladiators available.

Tesla has doubled their 2023 production vs 2022 and they use a lot of chips.

Those of you who have been waiting since 2020, ya'll got some super-human level of patience lol
Apples to oranges to melons.
The Mustang was an already produced vehicle with a legacy supply chain, and you claim to be seeing hundreds not thousands and pretty sure only Mustangs roll out of that assembly plant.
Bronco Sport was in production a year before the Bronco and what are their production numbers comparatively?
FCA/Jeep is building a vehicle that has seen no major changes since 2018 so I’m sure they’re suppliers are not still trying to figure out manufacturing issues. Also how have the sales numbers of Jeeps been affected by
Bronco stealing market share?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ultimately it boils down to lack of parts for higher trim levels...order anything from a Outer bank to a base model without a stickshift, you should get it in a timely manner.

Even in the middle of the shitshow I went through, it took about 6 months get my reordered Big Bend in 2022

Sponsored

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford being coerced into the whole “electric vehicles will save the world” push by the government
Whereas Tesla is able to work harder because no changes need to be met. Just get better, crank them out faster.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is no problem. Besides some specific parts supply issues for certain trims or packages, they are producing the amount of Broncos the MAP factory was built out to do. This was never going to produced at F150 or explorer rates.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the only problem is the folks that think they should be able to order a Bronco, get it within 90 days, pay 2 grand under invoice, and finance it for 2% interest.

100% unreasonable and selfish expectations from the generation of "it's all about me".

it's the same with everything anymore.......cars, boats, housing, food, etc. etc.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem as I see it is the volume of Ranger orders and for whatever reason the Ranger chassis is earmarked for 110% of Ranger production and what's leftover underpins whatever Broncos they see fit to build ---which is upside down. More options and more profit margin building Broncos than Rangers.
I mean there is always going to be greater demand for a Ranger than the Bronco. Tradesman and professional DIYers drive the demand for a mid size truck with above average towing power through the roof.

I think the demand for the ranger will take a hit with the refresh to the Tacoma and Chevy seeming to actually care about making the Colorado comfortable.

gp089

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend 4D sitting on the factory lot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ultimately it boils down to lack of parts for higher trim levels...order anything from a Outer bank to a base model without a stickshift, you should get it in a timely manner.

Even in the middle of the shitshow I went through, it took about 6 months get my reordered Big Bend in 2022
Big Bend, 4D, V6, Auto, Mid, HT,Tow.

MY22 order 12/21.
MY23 built 4/18/23
Dealer indicates it’s waiting for a microchip.
No doubt it will show up just as I get to Europe for vacation next month.
Sponsored