Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm weird. I don't seek out off road and have no desire to see what the Bronco can do. What I did want is a roomy capable off road vehicle for my filming. The Bronco Badlands fit the bill. Hundreds of miles (solo) trail driving the Oregon Desert looking for history to film. I even dodge mud whenever possible because it's a pain to pressure wash later. But sometimes I just gotta do it!
Untitled design (4).png

Untitled design (5).png

Untitled design (6).png

Untitled design (7).png
Going to be coming to Oregon in May 2024, currently researching exploring the Owyhee Mountains. Any ideas about Oregon is appreciated. Feel free to message me. Going to your Youtube channel now.
Sponsored

pveoq

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, '84 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love driving. Ignoring everything else and just focusing on the driving aspect, some of the most fun you can have in a vehicle is driving it at its limits. That's why driving a slow car fast is more fun than driving a fast car slow.
Same thing applies to 4x4s but the limits are different. Instead of speed, acceleration, cornering, handling, etc, in off-roading it's traction, angles, clearance, etc. With either type of driving if you make a mistake and go past the limits you risk breaking things. Part of the fun is finding those limits and pushing them further.
One limit track and off-road driving share is your own skill limit, and driving near it in both instances is loads of fun and ideally make you a better driver.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to be coming to Oregon in May 2024, currently researching exploring the Owyhee Mountains. Any ideas about Oregon is appreciated. Feel free to message me. Going to your Youtube channel now.
I'd love to meet a fellow forum Bronco forum owner. I have zero experience with the Owyhee but I do know it's a wonderful place to visit. If you can make it to Central Oregon for a night or two, I have several old homestead sites to show you (Kinda my thing) Fun easy trails and lot's of history!

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it’s a V10. It’s enough for us, we try not to push it hard and we take our time climbing the hills.

That’s a haul to Deadhorse, research it a lot if you’re planning to take a Motorhome or trailer. Most people recommend leaving those behind due to road conditions on rv’s.
Good to know. At first I was thinking just take the Bronco towing a tiny Scamp/Casita, but I'd get about 10 mpg and we'd be cramped. Suddenly a MH towing the Bronco looks pretty good.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? jeeps
Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? jeep3
Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? tspre
Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? beater rigs
Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? do you flex 2
Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? working on cars

Best explanation I can give is adventure fear and sometimes remorse all rolled up in a satisfied feeling... I've been doing it in on road vehicles for 36 years and love it. It is dumb though. I'd say only wheel how you can afford. The otherside in my area is people buy $25k+ SXS and then add $15k in accessories and still don't have heat and get wet in the rain and snow and no AC in the heat.. I can take you awesome places that a sasquatched bronco can go that won't break it.. it's when you start trying "a little more" that gets you..... and there is always a little more!!

Sponsored

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it’s like mountain climbing. “Because it’s there”. I went out this weekend and climbed some obstacles I didn’t think I could and it felt great!

duel007

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Badlands Lux Non-Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's to see and experience things that are out of reach of the average person - thanks to my Bronco I've seen things like dinosaur tracks in Utah and old mines in Colorado, not to mention the endless desert and mountain views.

Yes, there's an implied risk of vehicle damage, injury, and life - but that same risk applies to your commute into work during rush hour, too. As with most things, do your own research, take classes/do training like the Off-Roadeo, take it slow, and don't be afraid to turn around if you feel out of your element.

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? IMG_1373.JPEG

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before!

I’ve heard this line somewhere before.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly, the same reason I enjoy mountain biking. It's just a fun (albeit expensive) hobby. Challenging yourself with bigger and badder terrain (your first time you will think a small rock is scary, by your 4th time you'll have enough confidence to know what the Bronco is truly capable of). It's a hobby, and that's it. It's the same reason of the appeal of woodworking, gaming, running - it's a hobby and some of us really enjoy it.

Sponsored

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been a family thing, camping, exploring, baja. I've been doing off-road stuff since I was a kid. I've had off-road capable vehicles since I was "legally" allowed to drive. Not being afraid to ding shit up helps. Knowing that puts you in a spot to say you're fine with what happens off the road. But I also know the limitations of my machine and know how to protect it with like sliders, skid plates steel bumpers, etc

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? 20231021_154329

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? Screenshot_20230908-144454_Gallery

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? 20221029_124132

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? VideoCapture_20221029-133702

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? Resized_Screenshot_20221031-181356_Messenger_20221031_191151

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? 20221030_205741

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? Resized_20230102_104712

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of off-roading? 20231210_123634

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
for me it is the challenge (successfully picking & driving a line) and comradely of like minded folks. Living in northern Calif. I have the “rubicon” (done over 50 times, first time in ‘69) and many other similar trails close by. I have broken many parts but I don’t do “crazy” stuff…the folks who do that stuff get my respect…In my ”old age” going with some comfort in the new Bronco (May hit the rubicon again just to say I did it (can still do it)) but the Bronco is not really a serious rock crawler and my limits have seriously decreased…driving on roads, paved or unpaved is NOT off-roading!

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
At first blush off-roading appears to be a guaranteed way to damage a vehicle and spends lots of money on repairs.

What I'm referring to are the folks going out as a group in their new expensive vehicles for a day and tackling rocks, mud etc. Every single video I've seen their vehicles are bottoming out on rocks, getting scratched etc, with repairs obviously required.
You pretty much nailed it, I don't even like abusing rental cars. I stopped off roading my Jeep for this reason and I don't plan on doing it to the Bronco.
Sponsored