Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1705191266544.png

I track all vehicle stats provided by FordPass via third party software for my smart home and its common to see the Bronco drop down to about ~12v when sitting for a while, but the truck will start disabling "always on" sensors and systems to drop battery usage drastically once you get to the point of seeing the error message in question.

You have to translate percentages to voltage to understand my chart.. This is from Dec 1 to 31st. My smart home automatically does the translation for me but it doesn't show up in the graph.

100% is ~14v, about 75% is the sweet spot (12.25V). I do not drive the Bronco much as it is a second vehicle and you can see that in the chart.

FYI, the really high readings are from FordPass reporting the voltage coming off the alternator while running. Normal range is about 13.8v to 11.9v before my Bronco will go into long term sleep mode..

1705191965968.png

This is where it's sitting today after not driving it since last weekend.. You can see the voltage does drop over time.

I hope this data helps some how. Just thought I'd share what I've collected.
@Theherofails Could that app (or any other) be used to monitor voltage in real time while flat towing?
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Theherofails Could that app (or any other) be used to monitor voltage in real time while flat towing?
Other options could, yes. Not the implementation I have as FordPass does not operate in real time - it gets triggered by certain events such as engine on, engine off, doors opening etc. I use an automation to trigger fresh statistics once a day since I drive it so rarely and it'll go into deep sleep mode and stop reporting.

You'll want to use a third party device hooked to the battery past the battery sensor device.
Ford Bronco What is this on screen Notice? 1705193570447

Link

You'll want to do due diligence before ordering, but you're looking for a device like this that can report voltage in real time and allow you to set alarms.

Ford Bronco What is this on screen Notice? 1705193767734

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Other options could, yes. Not the implementation I have as FordPass does not operate in real time - it gets triggered by certain events such as engine on, engine off, doors opening etc. I use an automation to trigger fresh statistics once a day since I drive it so rarely and it'll go into deep sleep mode and stop reporting.

You'll want to use a third party device hooked to the battery past the battery sensor device.

Link

You'll want to do due diligence before ordering, but you're looking for a device like this that can report voltage in real time and allow you to set alarms.

Superb. Thank you @Theherofails !

Now if we could just figure out a way to independently verify & monitor which mode the transfer case is in (2H/4A/4H/4L/Neutral). 🤔
Sponsored