Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Three weeks of owning my Bronco, and I LOVE the interior. I really don't get the gripes at all, but to each his own.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks exactly like my brotherā€™s truck after he took the trim off to install rails.

I wonder if it is supposed to look like that or if they just didnā€™t have the plastic trim pieces at time of build. Hopefully the latter.

EDITā€” Just looked at pics I took of my dealerā€™s demo unit. It looks exactly the same, Iā€™d be lying if I said I noticed it at the time.

Last edited:

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if it is supposed to look like that or if they just didnā€™t have the plastic trim pieces at time of build. Hopefully the latter.
Wranglers aren't even that bad, from the ones I've owned and seen.

As for the trim pieces, not on all models, just like Wranglers. I think rubicons and Willys only have the pinch seam covers. Someone mentioned earlier that BD/BL only had them. Not sure though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local dealer finally got their mannequin (Wildtrack in Cactus Gray) so the wife and I went to check it out (no test drive allowed though :mad:). I was impressed overall. Yes, the gripes about the interior plastics (and some of the exterior plastics) are spot-on. Also the cargo area is shorter than I expected. Bummer. But what alarmed me the most was this debacle:

IMG_8593.jpg

That painted edge looks like my Pinewood Derby car when I was a Cub Scout and way too impatient with the spray paint can. I've owned plenty of vehicles with an uncovered bottom edge but none that looked like this. The picture doesn't even do it justice - it looks far worse than this in the flesh. I should have taken a closeup pic of it. It looks like it's melting. I hope this isn't normal for Ford? (I've never owned the brand.) Glad I'm getting the Black Diamond with the rock rails.
We had ā€œ Cub Mobilesā€ when I was a scout. They were budget soap box derby racers which we ran down a selected street on race day. This was back in the day when people could do exciting things. We were allowed to risk our young lives for the aura of glory! BTW, I didnā€™t win a spot on the podium but my Dad did build me a nice cub mobile which won best looking car 1968. Thanks Pop.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow thatā€™s what we call the Carl Lewis effect.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be honest, the paint does not bother me. The pinch welds and mounting holes do however give it an unfinished appearance. Given these holes are already there, it would seem like a really easy place to put some piece of trimwork, maybe something that matched the plastic on the fenders. On the OBX, something to match the step. Hopefully the aftermarket will come up with something. Doesn't change my overall opinion in the least though, amazing truck.
Check out the 'Trail Armor by Lund" in accessories. (sorry I couldn't find the link). I thought about it but went with the Rock Rails through flip for a few bucks more.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrong board for that talk, back to Audizine or Fortitude with you.
Do you really think Iā€™m the only first time Ford buyer here? We are here and we are strong. Also, what is Fortitude? Lol

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably intentional to make you want the rock rails ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

karguy08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you really think Iā€™m the only first time Ford buyer here? We are here and we are strong. Also, what is Fortitude? Lol
Lol, should have read "fourtitude" , another audi forum. I had a couple of cars myself previously that drove me to those, and vwvortex. Glad to be in line for my bronco though!

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently its dead. It was the sister to the VW Vortex, for Audi.....

Back in my open downpipe, 1.8T B5A4Q Days......

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, should have read "fourtitude" , another audi forum. I had a couple of cars myself previously that drove me to those, and vwvortex. Glad to be in line for my bronco though!
Where else would you learn how to solider a broken wire in an ABS module?
Sponsored