Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is yours a daily driver or does it sit for a few days in between?
Our was sitting for a while and I did remember a couple afternoons of work that had doors open until the lights timed out.
Couldn't drive it for a few days so that may be it
Sponsored

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Adoptwithme

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got this same notice. Have you gotten any answers?

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same screen popped up on ours today also. Last week we had the “Service charging system soon” warning light come on twice for about a minute but then it went off on its own

Sponsored

lilfergy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford C-Max energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It does not matter if I drive 3 minutes or 20 minutes when I turn bronco off this is the message I get. I also noticed my int lights don't work unless bronco is running? According to the gages my charging system shows 14.2 v.

anyone have any luck figuring this out?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know these things and most new cars are battery hogs. My bronco sat for about two weeks and went into low power mode. As an fyi I typically throw mine on a trickle charger every so often to top off the battery because I don’t drive it as much as it needs.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It does not matter if I drive 3 minutes or 20 minutes when I turn bronco off this is the message I get. I also noticed my int lights don't work unless bronco is running? According to the gages my charging system shows 14.2 v.

anyone have any luck figuring this out?

Hello, Jennifer. Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

lilfergy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford C-Max energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello, Jennifer. Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I don’t know how to DM on here.

Sponsored

LAN02

Black Diamond
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those viewing this thread in the future facing the same issue. Drive it to charge it up, If the screen continues to display this message when you turn the bronco off even after a long drive. Try resetting the battery management system by turning accessory mode on (engine off), then Flashing the high beams 5 times, then pressing the break pedal 3 times. Wait a few seconds to a minute and you will see the red battery icon flash on your dash which indicates you have successfully reset the system. After this, it shouldn’t continue to display that message when you power off.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
i got the “System off to save battery“ message today on my 2023 OBX with Advanced 4WD. (It had been parked for about 5 days)
I noticed that the transfer case mode had switched itself from 4A (which I always leave it in during snowy weather) into 2H.

While this isn’t a big deal as a daily driver, it would be catastrophic if I were flat towing - for the transfer case to shift itself back to 2H in the event of low voltage, etc.!!! That would certainly explain some “mysterious“ contested transfer case and/or transmission failures when flat towing (recreational towing).

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
i got the “System off to save battery“ message today on my 2023 OBX with Advanced 4WD. (It had been parked for about 5 days)
I noticed that the transfer case mode had switched itself from 4A (which I always leave it in during snowy weather) into 2H.

While this isn’t a big deal as a daily driver, it would be catastrophic if I were flat towing - for the transfer case to shift itself back to 2H in the event of low voltage, etc.!!! That would certainly explain some “mysterious“ contested transfer case and/or transmission failures when flat towing (recreational towing).
Interesting, good observation

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco What is this on screen Notice? 1705191266544

I track all vehicle stats provided by FordPass via third party software for my smart home and its common to see the Bronco drop down to about ~12v when sitting for a while, but the truck will start disabling "always on" sensors and systems to drop battery usage drastically once you get to the point of seeing the error message in question.

You have to translate percentages to voltage to understand my chart.. This is from Dec 1 to 31st. My smart home automatically does the translation for me but it doesn't show up in the graph.

100% is ~14v, about 75% is the sweet spot (12.25V). I do not drive the Bronco much as it is a second vehicle and you can see that in the chart.

FYI, the really high readings are from FordPass reporting the voltage coming off the alternator while running. Normal range is about 13.8v to 11.9v before my Bronco will go into long term sleep mode..

Ford Bronco What is this on screen Notice? 1705191965968

This is where it's sitting today after not driving it since last weekend.. You can see the voltage does drop over time.

I hope this data helps some how. Just thought I'd share what I've collected.
Sponsored