Sponsored

What is your Bronco and why do you own it?

Mkass

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a bronco in the 80’s that’s all she wrote. Badlands hard top minimum wind noise. Road noise Not and issue. Can’t wait to go off road.
Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Learned to drive in my dad's 68 Bronco, he took us everywhere it that Bronco growing up. Eventually it became mine. Always wondered what a modern day Bronco would be like if they ever brought it back. Had a full sized Bronco in the 90s, drove a Bronco Sport while I was waiting and then a I saw a 2dr Badlands Sasquatch on a lot while travelling. Having ordered a Bronco in 2020 and then cancelling much later, I had all but given up on getting the new Bronco anytime soon. Now I use it all the time to hit the trails and explore, year round. Even in Wyoming. Just as fun as the 68 (or close to it) but with all the modern day conveniences! No vacuum wipers either lol!

Makaidyn610

Outer Banks
First Name
CHeri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
An SUV ANNNNNNNNND convertible. What more is there to ask for?
My very first vehicle purchase was a Copper Orange 1999 Isuzu Amigo. It was the coolest thing in the world to me and I have missed it. When I saw that the Bronco had an even better setup, was more reliable and could fit my family, it was a no brainer!

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2dr basequach, 2.7L. So, in 2019 I was looking for what vehicle I was going to replace my 2014 fusion with when my loan was paid off.

I basically decided on a new Dodge Challenger GT. I still would love one of these as a second vehicle. I chose the GT because it was the highest trim that offered AWD, & I have had horrible driving experiences in the winter with my Fusion.

In May of 2020 I saw a story on Ford bringing the bronco back and did some research & by the time of the reveal I had not made my mind up that the Bronco was for me. August 1st I was laying in bed before going to sleep and decided to place an order with Granger.... Almost 3 years later & some definite second guessing I picked up my Bronco & couldn't be happier!

During the waiting process everytime I thought "Maybe a jeep would do instead" I always came to the conclusion that the features I get on my Base vs a sport jeep was light years different!

20230925_140820.jpg

Last edited:

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Family members and friends had various generations of Broncos when i was growing up, but we never had a Bronco. As stated before, Gen 1s are stupid priced, and I didn't want a show vehicle. Ford reintroduced the Bronco, and I ordered. Got impatient and bought off the lot, ending up losing the Black Diamond off road bits in exchange for the Sasquatch off road bits. Daily driver, ghost towns, hunting trips, off roader, and basic midlife crisis medicine.
Ford Bronco What is your Bronco and why do you own it? 20230831_121155

Sponsored

PJackTAC

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4wd, 2000 Ford F250 pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Family members and friends had various generations of Broncos when i was growing up, but we never had a Bronco. As stated before, Gen 1s are stupid priced, and I didn't want a show vehicle. Ford reintroduced the Bronco, and I ordered. Got impatient and bought off the lot, ending up losing the Black Diamond off road bits in exchange for the Sasquatch off road bits. Daily driver, ghost towns, hunting trips, off roader, and basic midlife crisis medicine.
Ford Bronco What is your Bronco and why do you own it? 20230831_121155

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I always loved the big wheels on Jeep when I was a kid. Though I been driving sports sedans and coupes in my college and early adulthood days. Offroad vehicles are cool but not as cool as fast cars.

Been a fast and furious, passive aggressive driver. Had to go to the court for speeding a few times. When I saw the 2.7 Bronco Wildtrak I know I have to get one. It looks better than Jeep, decently sporty and it should keep me out of trouble. Now I'm married with a kid, I still managed to hit the speed limiter once a while when they are not around, but I behave most of time now haha.

PJackTAC

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4wd, 2000 Ford F250 pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the far Southwest corner of New Mexico on a rough dirt road. My ex and I had a 68 Bronco that took us everywhere for camping and backpacking in the Pacific Northwest. I loved that car. The ex still has it. I was driving a Subaru Forester, but the AWD on it wasn’t up to the job of getting me home reliably, especially when we got a few inches of snow. At 75, my off roading and backpacking days are fond memories. I loved that 68 Bronco and wanted one as soon as I heard Ford was bringing the Bronco back. Ordered my ‘23 Badlands 4dr non Sas hard top in Velocity Blue in March and took delivery in July. So far. I love it. It has the capability I need. It also accommodates getting my 96 year old mother-in-law in and out of the car with a step stool. I couldn’t go up to a model with 11.5 inches of clearance because I need to be able to get in the darn thing, and I don’t plan to do a lot of off roading.

nostalgia

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm pretty rural, and my driveway is literally a logging road. And I wasn't doing a Jeep again. I once had a Wrangler JK 2-door, which I largely consider the biggest piece of shit I ever owned. I'm quite fond of the Bronco by comparison. :)
Ford Bronco What is your Bronco and why do you own it? 1695734930336

Walkeman

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 4dr, 2.7L, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have always owned Fords and was getting ready to pull the trigger on a F150, then I saw a photo of the new Bronco coming out. I knew that was going to be my next purchase, I put my deposit down in 2022 and just got it in July 2023. I love my Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.

Sponsored

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have owned and built up 3 Jeeps over the years. By the time I built the last one, I could have bought a Rubicon for a lot less, and had a factory warranty. This time with the Bronco I wanted it built straight from the factory. Got the Badlands/SAS and package that came with the larger screen. All with a factory warranty. Aside from the winch and numerous lights added, it is stock. Loving it....on and off road.

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did I (my wife, really) end up with a Bronco? Sort of by accident, really.
We had just bought a new family hauler (VW Atlas) about 6 months prior to the reveal of the Bronco.
We both loved the Bronco, but knew it wasn't realistic to try to get one at that point.
Her father ended up ordering one for his wife - in pretty much the EXACT spec we would've ordered one for my wife.
Well, we all know how the story goes once it is "ordered". They waited for about a year and finally gave up and bought something else, only to find out a week or so later is was actually getting built.
Timing worked out for us though, so we sold the Atlas and we took delivery of the Bronco!

img_7088-jpeg.jpg

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i bought a 23 base SAS 2 door with the v6. it's a daily driver for me and winter vehicle. i also have a redeye challenger that i can now keep for sunny days only.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How did I (my wife, really) end up with a Bronco? Sort of by accident, really.
We had just bought a new family hauler (VW Atlas) about 6 months prior to the reveal of the Bronco.
We both loved the Bronco, but knew it wasn't realistic to try to get one at that point.
Her father ended up ordering one for his wife - in pretty much the EXACT spec we would've ordered one for my wife.
Well, we all know how the story goes once it is "ordered". They waited for about a year and finally gave up and bought something else, only to find out a week or so later is was actually getting built.
Timing worked out for us though, so we sold the Atlas and we took delivery of the Bronco!

Ford Bronco What is your Bronco and why do you own it? img_7088-jpe
So happy to see you have received your Bronco Vance! Thank you for sharing your story with us. :)

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have always owned Fords and was getting ready to pull the trigger on a F150, then I saw a photo of the new Bronco coming out. I knew that was going to be my next purchase, I put my deposit down in 2022 and just got it in July 2023. I love my Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Congratulations on your new Bronco! Glad to hear you love it. :)
Sponsored