First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At the end of the day the people who have been waiting the longest could have a pile of money saved for this purchase, so the larger down would offset the payment differences of the higher MSRP. When I ordered my Bronco I started setting aside my expected payment monthly. 512 days later I had made $11K in payments into my ā€œBroncoā€ account that I used for a down payment.
Iā€™m paying a large percentage in cash and selling some stock to do so when my 7/20/20 reservation gets delivered. The individual stock Iā€™m planning to sell was $292/share when I first ordered 1/29/21 and is now $519 per share so all the waiting has sort of made my Bronco become less expensive.
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are a reservation holder and price locked that's the only way you're safe.

Unfortunately prices are only going to go higher. From the manufacturer and dealers. World events, supply chain problems and inflation aren't getting any better any time soon.

I've always been a firm believer in waiting to get the best price. But these days if you want a Bronco especially now and not have to wait 2 years for it you're going to have to pay up. Especially since it's one of the hottest and most desirable vehicles on the market.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Timing is everything. Bronco would have been some fun a couple years ago. But now we're looking at moving to Europe earliest next year. No Broncos there, but will be happy for access to older Defenders.

It's too bad for a number of reasons, Bronco has taken so long to get here. I would have enjoyed it exploring mountain trails the past many years, thank god we had Jeep.
100% agree, having a Jeep takes the stress and unhealthy anxiety of waiting for a Bronco. Good luck with the move.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are talking about Jeep they are worse. My 2021 Gladiator had an MSRP of $49,750

Exact build 2022: $55,470
Exact build 2023: $57,030

A $7300 increase in two years. That is insane!!
So if you can avoid ADM, Bronco is still the best bang for your buck. Nice. I wonder what the new 4Runner will be priced at, I think it will shock some people.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if you paid ADM in 21, you'd likely still be under MSRP for 23. At some point, the waiting costs more money than the increase.
Where are you seeing ADMs for $2-4K?! In my area, they start at $10-15K and that's for 2.3L.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ADM was about 5K average for a while
Never saw that in my area. First round of trucks in my area were all well above that. And they all sold within a week. Believe me, I was monitoring this very closely. Bronco fever. Waiting 750+ days and counting. This is manufactured demand and price gouging at the expense of reservation holders. Remember, they've made 130K Broncos to date and FORD's bad behavior continues.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if you can avoid ADM, Bronco is still the best bang for your buck. Nice. I wonder what the new 4Runner will be priced at, I think it will shock some people.
Toyota's 2023 B&P is up, and i didn't think the 4runner was priced bad at all for a TRD Off Road Premium-maybe when the redesign hits, it will jump a lot.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never saw that in my area. First round of trucks in my area were all well above that. And they all sold within a week. Believe me, I was monitoring this very closely. Bronco fever. Waiting 750+ days and counting. This is manufactured demand and price gouging at the expense of reservation holders. Remember, they've made 130K Broncos to date and FORD's bad behavior continues.
It was 5K just a year ago here. Anyway, if you count two price increases, itā€™s more than 3-4K

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I picked up my BB for 2k over MSRP a month ago. I had said I would not pay over for a long time. However, I was a 4/21 Granger order so was about 400 on their list (without all their 99's). I was not price protected. I spent 6-8 months calling dealerships all across the country tracking down cancelled orders. Told many sales folks no on crazy ADM when a cancelled order would pop up.

This rig is my wife's daily driver, so she was asking when it was going to happen. I finally found a unit very close to my order and was able to get them down to 2k over. I figured if we wanted to get one now it was my only option. I am a 2 door, manual guy so much harder to find than a 4 door soft top. I am very happy with my decision. I also get those of you who won't pay over MSRP. I have been that guy my entire car buying life. For us, waiting another year+ and looking at price increases made the decision easier.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota's 2023 B&P is up, and i didn't think the 4runner was priced bad at all for a TRD Off Road Premium-maybe when the redesign hits, it will jump a lot.
I was referring to the redesign. The current gen should be cheap with it's 20 year old tech.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Prices are going up across the board on all vehicles due to inflation and other issues. People have proven to the manufacturers that they are willing to pay ADM on anything in a tough market, so the sky is the limit. One of the standard model 1500 Silverados I buy for work went from $45K MSRP in 2021 to $52K in 2023. My Lightning Pro build would be $7805 more as a 2023. My 2021 Badlands was $47K, Iā€™m guessing the 2023 will be in the $53K range.

At the end of the day the people who have been waiting the longest could have a pile of money saved for this purchase, so the larger down would offset the payment differences of the higher MSRP. When I ordered my Bronco I started setting aside my expected payment monthly. 512 days later I had made $11K in payments into my ā€œBroncoā€ account that I used for a down payment.
Wait! What you're saying is because Ford didn't/couldn't build my Bronco that I reserved almost 18 months ago I should be willing to give Ford the extra money I diligently saved while waiting because ultimately it'll be a little cheaper or the same price?

If I get schedule for Oct. then I get to pay MY22 prices, but if I get bumped I should be OK with giving Ford $2,000 more since they gave me more to time to save, "so the larger down would offset the payment differences of the higher MSRP."?

That's crazy! If they only built in order, no walk-ins would we still be waiting and having to pay more?

Anyone else think that's OK?

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a pretty well optioned '22 Rubicon for around $42k, pretty good deal and low interest on the loan. Bronco order is just under $38k for base Sasquatch with everything I want on it and my order is price protected (I hope).

In my mind I have about a $5k wiggle room, and I am debating switching it to an auto trans which would lose price protection. That build with current pricing is $41.5k so gotta see what the '23 increase will be then look at the $1k under invoice price to make that decision.

In reality I think it's a moot point for me anyway as I'm a Granger order so probably won't see a '23 anyway. If it's not built by next summer I'll just keep the Rubi and throw on some 35's and call it good.
Sponsored