FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The majority of people who actively criticize the Bronco Raptor can't afford it and are just trying to make themselves feel better.
Eh, even if you can afford it, it's fugly. Will it be an amazingly performing vehicle? No doubt. But those fender flares are an intern-level effort. If they were an aftermarket accessory, they would accompany every angry-eye grill install.

I say this as no stranger to regret as a purchaser of a BMW M235i two whole months before the M2 came out. Still kicking myself for that one.

Speaking of BMW, I look at it like the 3-series vs the new M3. The M3 is a marvel of automotive engineering and financially-attainable, near-supercar performance. Only problem is you have to be seen driving one.

Last edited:

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right on! Way to keep this funny and not get all but hurt lol. I have a coworker that described A51 as "The color of the skin of the Alien in the infamous alien autopsy video." Now I see dead aliens every time... JK. Bronco people are the BEST and funniest!
Heck yeah brother!

this is fun - people have different opinions. And I don’t have any pride!

happy to have a Bronco at all.

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The majority of people who actively criticize the Bronco Raptor can't afford it and are just trying to make themselves feel better.
meh, I can afford one - but I thought they would make more interior space, not less, so the wheels stick out way to far for my liking.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thought of another one. The SAS package is a ripoff and you can do the same things with aftermarket stuff for 1/3 the price.
Here's mine.

I wish that the Base/Big Bend/OB packages could *just* get advanced 4 wheel without SAS

My unpopular opinion, I don't actually want to run 35s

Sponsored

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's mine.

I wish that the Base/Big Bend/OB packages could *just* get advanced 4 wheel without SAS

My unpopular opinion, I don't actually want to run 35s
I don't know why anyone wants to run 35s unless you're rock crawling.

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More unpopular opinions:
11. In 2 years this forum will be flooded with for sale by owner posts with an above average useage of the term “no lowballers, I know what I got”
12. Ford put a whole lot of effort into turbo motors that get the same fuel mileage as if they would have just put a small V8 in them.
13. Paywall navigation is dumb. Those who argue that the just use Carplay and Waze are missing the point.
14. 2 door broncos on 40s look like they want to fall over
15. Frameless windows are a bad design
16. Bronco windshields are junk that crack easy. No it’s not the angle of the windshield. No it’s not from tailgating. Yes I’m willing to get another moderator warning for saying it😆. Yes I’ve owned Jeeps (probably more than 50% of the people who claim to be Jeep loyalists)
17. Mark my words, the next smart business model success in the off-road world is going to be in off-road recovery. Broncos are dropping like flies in ocean tides, lakes, frozen rivers, mud, incapacitated by broken tie rods, etc.
18. There isn’t enough difference between the 2.3 and 2.7. Yeah I ordered the 2.7.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
meh, I can afford one - but I thought they would make more interior space, not less, so the wheels stick out way to far for my liking.
How do you make more space? Wouldn’t Ford have to re-engineer everything to do that?

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
15. Frameless windows are a bad design
Oh good one, I forgot to add this. I don't care how much smaller or lighter it makes the door, frameless windows suck a big fat one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh good one, I forgot to add this. I don't care how much bigger or heavier it makes the door, frameless windows suck a big fat one.
The frameless windows on my 1991 Camaro RS were a delight.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My unpopular bronco opinion is when I drove one in September I fell in love with the novelty more than anything. (BL 4dr lux 2.3 auto softtop no sas)

I got a gladiator in December and have been driving it for the past 5 months. When I saw a manual sasquatch (BL 4dr mid manual hardtop sas) at my local dealer i thought "let's give the old girl one last try before I give up on broncos forever. Gotta at least drive one or I'll have FOMO"

Well, that shifter is a long throw by any measure (i've heard people compare it to a focus RS and that's a lie) and the view from the front seat forward feels claustrophobic compared to my Jeep, like I'm trapped in a hummer a mile from the front bumper. Both of those things I'm sure I could adjust to and get over, but the nail in the coffin was that tachometer. I get that tachometers were at one point optional equipment, even on manuals, and yes I am capable of driving by sound and feel, but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn a car with some sight-guided aids. And that tach is garbage.

They still look cool as shit, and I look forward to seeing y'all on the trails, but it's gonna be from the front seat of the Mojave i just ordered (one i got in december was a Chapman buyback lease, so I ordered a gladiator to buy after I gave up on Ford's nonsense)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The gold/bronze wheels many people are getting look absolutely terrible.
Eruption Green looks like crap.
The Big Bend and OBX trim levels are completely pointless and are aimed at the "Mall Crawler" crowd.
I've been searching an searching for the mall.

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 20220418_180248
Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 20220418_140741
Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 20220308_164805
Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 20220121_160140
Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 20211201_144636

...found it
Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 20220407_145837

Last edited:

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hot take warning:

I've spent a lot of time going point by point trying to summarize how bad I think the Bronco's color pallet is, but I think this image sums it up better than anything I could type. Cyber Orange is pretty much the only fun, bright, and interesting color on this quirky offroader.

I don't know what color this 4D is, but it doesn't exist, they either lightened up Area 51 so that it doesn't look like literal depression, or saturated Cactus Grey to the point of unrecognizability. Let that sink in, the colors for the Bronco are so bad and uninteresting that they only used one of them for promotional material.

I guess that's what happens when you don't expand the capacity of the spray booth that you have to share with a cheap fleet truck, but Ford really needs to realize that dark metallic colors generally don't work well on a vehicle with no curvy body panels that catch light at different angles, it's a flat brick that's half black plastic. If it were up to me, I'd probably replace every color except Iconic Silver, Eruption Green, and Race Red for 2023.

0_485_735_0_70_http___img.haymarketsac.in_autocarpro_f0ee5f52-51f7-4e9c-b0fb-526d9ed082eb.jpg
Sponsored