First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fuck everyone posting their Bronco in marketplace with a markup. Slap in the face to everyone else waiting nearly 2 years
Unpopular opinion: part of me would be more bothered if people were buying these at MSRP from marketplace after some of us waited nearly 2 years
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm pretty sure it's defined as a truck. Weird gatekeeping either way.
Lmao it's not "gatekeeping" no matter how much people love throwing that word around these days. It's stating a fact.

It is by definition an SUV. The term SUV came around to describe these types of vehicles because they were neither a traditional car nor truck.

Also, Ford themselves call it an SUV.

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? Screenshot_20220419-182628_Chrome

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More than 4 trail lights (2 clear, 2 amber) in any orientation instantly tells me you have more money than brains

Instantly upgrading to tires larger than 35" lets me know you'll never drive offroad

Integrated front winches are purely cosmetic and only to help others, if you want to help yourself, you'll often need to be winched backwards.

Maybe 1/100 people debating tires will ever notice the difference

Filling with premium fuel is literally lighting money on fire. It's not helping your mileage and your giant box windsailing vehicle is not optimized for speed

If you want/use Sport mode on a giant box, you undoubtedly drive like an asshole.

If your MPG is in the low teens, lay off the fast and furious movies
Hey, my very short, in town driving gets me 14 mpg and I drive it like it’s a Corolla. Sorry…

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read a post last night where someone stuck their neck out and said the Bronco retro emblems are ugly, often times Chinese made plastic that we're all so giddy to throw on our 2022 vehicles. Whatever you think of the retro script, it was refreshing to read a contrarian opinion.

This has me thinking what are other fun unpopular opinions?

Here's a few that have been on my mind...
  • BFG KO2's are an overrated AT tire that has been caught or passed by competitors since it's debut
  • Amber DRL's are obnoxious and overdone on most vehicles
  • Sasquatch package makes every single trim look worse (cartoonish proportions)
  • People who ordered Area 51 are so proud they chose a "color" when it's essentially gray
Naming your vehicle is dumb.
Calling it a “rig” is dumb

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
8. The vanity plate “BR0NC0” is a waste of money. (We know! We’re looking at it! Be more creative!)
I meet the guy who has the Texas BRONCO license plate this weekend and learned of his 25+ year quest to obtain them. Pretty cool story and added to the lore of his Bronco.

Morningview

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2-door 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s because the proportions are awful. It’s too long. A lift and bigger tires brings the proportions back… into proportion. Closer anyway.
Totally agree, but when I buy something, I see it for what it can be. If that makes sense. 😬

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The molle panels, rails and most of the other interior mods are clutter.
The 2.3 is sufficient for most who dont tow. Upgrading the stock stereo is a waste of money.
Like a bunch of people have said a lot of the exterior mods dont look good.
You dont need $100 shackles.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thread delivers 10/10

And who ever said the Bronco 7 speed shifts better than the RS is 100 % correct. Owned my RS 4 years. Test drove the 7 speed Bronco, found the shifting easier and smoother. And, that's after I added the aftermarket spring kit for the clutch in the RS. Yes, traded it in on "Short Bus", what my wife called my Cyber Orange Bronco.

Put a deposit down on gen7 Bronco. Figured I'd get a head start.

Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I meet the guy who has the Texas BRONCO license plate this weekend and learned of his 25+ year quest to obtain them. Pretty cool story and added to the lore of his Bronco.
That sounds pretty awesome! Hence why I couched my complaints that there is so much cool to be found out among the community.
But did he use an 8 for the B? 😜

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
prospectfour

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well since I have now seen lots of people saying it I will counter.

In a few years the BB and OBX will be the most popular trims of the bronco.

To all the people saying they don't understand the point of them, its simple. Need trims that appeal to masses so that trims like Badlands and such can get built. Just like with the mustang, it needs the base model to let there be performance models.
Absolutely agree on BB and OBX being the high runners. A lot of B6G forgets there’s a large segment of suburban drivers who just want a convertible SUV. The convertible coupe died years ago and was replaced by the Wrangler. The Bronco will take a large piece of that demographic who’s more concerned with the sound system than the sway bar disconnect.

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anything larger than 35’s on the 2 door look silly. When I see one with 37’s it reminds me of my neighbors Sherp which is a novelty clownish ATV. :)

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? FB8284E4-3BBE-4201-8A07-BAF307BCB411
Sponsored