Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, to anyone in the collision industry, a body on frame is and can be called a truck. A 4 Runner is a truck SUV, a Highlander is not. A G-Wagon and Land Cruiser can be called trucks in a body shop and nobody will disagree. A Honda Ridgeline is a Pick Up but it’s certainly not a truck.

An SUV can be a truck, or not. A Pick Up that is unibody is not a truck.

Just don’t call a fender a quarter panel, lol.
Yes, to anyone in the collision industry, a body on frame is and can be called a truck. A 4 Runner is a truck SUV, a Highlander is not. A G-Wagon and Land Cruiser can be called trucks in a body shop and nobody will disagree. A Honda Ridgeline is a Pick Up but it’s certainly not a truck.

An SUV can be a truck, or not. A Pick Up that is unibody is not a truck.

Just don’t call a fender a quarter panel, they will think you are clueless, lol.
most people are not in the collision industry.
Sponsored

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My unpopular opinion?

The seats are utter garbage.
Most uncomfortable seat and seat position Fords made.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
most people are not in the collision industry.
Yep, and most people can't name even the basic parts of a vehicle correctly and know very little about their construction but somehow they are experts on what defines a truck.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read a post last night where someone stuck their neck out and said the Bronco retro emblems are ugly, often times Chinese made plastic that we're all so giddy to throw on our 2022 vehicles. Whatever you think of the retro script, it was refreshing to read a contrarian opinion.

This has me thinking what are other fun unpopular opinions?

Here's a few that have been on my mind...
  • BFG KO2's are an overrated AT tire that has been caught or passed by competitors since it's debut
  • Amber DRL's are obnoxious and overdone on most vehicles
  • Sasquatch package makes every single trim look worse (cartoonish proportions)
  • People who ordered Area 51 are so proud they chose a "color" when it's essentially gray
I’m really impressed that this thread hasn’t devolved into politics or some other non Bronco topics.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What "classic" Broncos are you referring to? 66-77 had a one-piece removable full-length top (unless you got the half-cab or roadster).
Exactly, everything else after that and before this gen was a F150 with a removable bed topper

Last edited:

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are people still fighting about the "SUV" nomenclature? Asking for a friend.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@jubangas and @AK SNO RIDER settle down children. SUVs are BOF hence the shorthand "truck" is perfectly acceptable if someone wishes to use it. Likewise crossovers are unibody and hence the shorthand "car" is perfectly acceptable if one so wishes.
People only want to call SUVs trucks because they are ashamed to admit what they are really driving, a modern minivan.

The only Bronco that could be called a truck was the Clamshell which was pretty much a F150 shortbox.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, and most people can't name even the basic parts of a vehicle correctly and know very little about their construction but somehow they are experts on what defines a truck.
People who care that much need something better to occupy their time (myself included). Call it a car, a truck, an SUV, rig, ride, she, he, it…. We get what you’re trying to communicate. Can’t we all get along?!!! What would we talk about?

Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
People who care that much need something better to occupy their time (myself included). Call it a car, a truck, an SUV, rig, ride, she, he, it…. We get what you’re trying to communicate. Can’t we all get along?!!! What would we talk about?
Bah this isn't the thread where we get along. This is the thread where we tell our friend that put 37s on a 2 door that they just made a Hot Wheels Bronco and it looks ridiculous.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I don't care either, just stirring the pot. :) I'm just glad to be retired and I no longer have to stand in a hot body shop, be a good listener, and pretend to be interested in Nascar and all the other things my customers got excited about.

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First time SUV was used to sell a vehicle was the mid 70's Cherokee
[/QUOTE
I don't care either, just stirring the pot. :) I'm just glad to be retired and I no longer have to stand in a hot body shop, be a good listener, and pretend to be interested in Nascar and all the other things my customers got excited about.
Appreciate a good pot stirring and jealous of anyone retired. Well, not the 35 year old finance people who saved every penny for 10 years.