Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's fun hearing people use the same talking points for an $80k premium SUV as they do for a $200 set of bushwackers.

bushwacker-jk-flat-style-flares-119__47914.jpg
I can only imagine the conversation the Ford designers and engineers had.
Engineers: hey we widened the track on Braptor so we're going to need bigger flares
Designer: bigger than the sasquatch flairs?
Engineers: Yes..also I was supposed to tell you this info three months ago so we'll need that design by the end of the day..
Sponsored

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actually, most of Jeeps design was copied from Fords original GP (jeep), the Pygmy, before WWII. Ford's early production 'jeep' went into production as the "GP", with "G" indicating a "Government" contract, and "P" chosen by Ford to designate a car with a wheelbase of 80 in.
Ford, Willys, and American Bantam all made production GPs for WWII, after all were awarded contracts for the government issue vehicles, using mostly Fords design with the Willys engine. The American Bantam BRC-40 was the lightest and most nimble of the three early production models, and the Army lauded its good suspension, brakes, and high fuel economy. But beings Bantam could not meet the Army's demand for 75 vehicles a day, production contracts were also awarded to Willys and Ford. So, if you think about it, Jeep used Fords name and design from the get go, due to the collaboration on the government's demand for a wartime vehicle.

1678905595805.png

-Wiki
Incorrect. The "original" design was by Bantam, they had prototypes as far back as the 30s. Bantam couldnt keep up with production so "To expedite Ford and Willys' production, the War Department forwarded the American Bantam blueprints to them, claiming the government owned all designs in the proposals submitted to it in the bidding contest. American Bantam chose not to dispute this." So there you go, Bantam created the first jeep. Then, "In early October 1941, it became clear that Willys-Overland could not keep up with procurement needs, and Ford received government contracts to build 30,000 units,[68] according to Willys' blueprints, drawings, specifications, and patents, including the more powerful Willys engine" "When Ford offered to increase the displacement and power of the tractor engine in their GP model, the government declined and insisted that Ford produce jeeps identical to the Willys"

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The four door doesn't look good. If I wanted something that big for gear or family hauling I would take almost any other SUV including a defender or wrangler 4 door
Or a 4runner

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The four door doesn't look good. If I wanted something that big for gear or family hauling I would take almost any other SUV including a defender or wrangler 4 door
2 doors look like a cartoon ice cream truck.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Moar door Bronco looks lame and soft. Which not ironically is why those who drive it tend to whine, pose, talk about rear seat AC, cup holders, cosmetic crap, and just about all other soft suburban basic cookie cutter worthlessness. They'll eventually kill the Bronco vibe because no one will want to be thought of as looking like or being one of them.

Although the 2 Dr Wrangler is far to small and short, the Defender 90 and proper 2 Dr Bronco are for those who just may actually use the vehicles for a little more than just trying to look tough in the line at Starbucks or Chic Fil A drive thru. (Well, maybe not so much the Defender, but whatever)

WHAT???!!!! 🤪

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Incorrect. The "original" design was by Bantam, they had prototypes as far back as the 30s. Bantam couldnt keep up with production so "To expedite Ford and Willys' production, the War Department forwarded the American Bantam blueprints to them, claiming the government owned all designs in the proposals submitted to it in the bidding contest. American Bantam chose not to dispute this." So there you go, Bantam created the first jeep. Then, "In early October 1941, it became clear that Willys-Overland could not keep up with procurement needs, and Ford received government contracts to build 30,000 units,[68] according to Willys' blueprints, drawings, specifications, and patents, including the more powerful Willys engine" "When Ford offered to increase the displacement and power of the tractor engine in their GP model, the government declined and insisted that Ford produce jeeps identical to the Willys"
So you're saying you were incorrect with your first statement...
The more ya know!

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So you're saying you were incorrect with your first statement...
The more ya know!
I said the Jeep CJ and Wranglers success are the only reasons the Bronco exists and even came back in the first place. I didn’t claim Willys invented the original “Jeep” design. But it wasn’t ford, so I corrected you. Clearly you are upset that Bronco only exists because Willys decided to make a civilian version of the Willys MB. History doesn’t exist to make you happy

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can only imagine the conversation the Ford designers and engineers had.
Engineers: hey we widened the track on Braptor so we're going to need bigger flares
Designer: bigger than the sasquatch flairs?
Engineers: Yes..also I was supposed to tell you this info three months ago so we'll need that design by the end of the day..
I used to post these types of imaginary conversations here as well.

The first had to do with a major battle at the interior design team, with the barely alive body of the guy with the good ideas being unceremoniously dumped out of a van outside Bronco Sport Headquarters.

The other had to do with a friend who finds his buddy four scotches in at a bar in Dearborn. How'd the color committee go today? Great, we got green (orders another). So what's the problem? The name. The name? Order yourself a drink, and I'll read you in.

Your version of this regarding the Raptor flairs was masterful.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tie rod issue is over blown but Tyler makes a great product and should be recognized for all the help he has given the Bronco community. Yes I know I sound contradicting ;)

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I said the Jeep CJ and Wranglers success are the only reasons the Bronco exists and even came back in the first place. I didn’t claim Willys invented the original “Jeep” design. But it wasn’t ford, so I corrected you. Clearly you are upset that Bronco only exists because Willys decided to make a civilian version of the Willys MB. History doesn’t exist to make you happy
That last sentence is a classic; going to borrow it. Guess that could be said for a lot of things…….

Both y’all stop arguing. Have actually learned a ton from reading both your posts on the topic and bet you share a lot in common.

Hope once this is done, the two of you find a way to connect on other threads on the history of off-road vehicles.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 doors look like a cartoon ice cream truck.
As a 2 door base bronco owner, I am fine with that, except I would say that it is a GOAT ice cream cartoon ice cream truck, capable of delivering 1000 chocolate eclairs-on-sticks to MOAB. It is more capable off road than the 4-door which looks like Ford Flex variant unless you take its roof doors off. Carry on.

Last edited:

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been a hilarious thread. Thank you all!

Mine:
1. 95% of the posts of broncos on here with added vinyl decals, striping, flag stickers, flags on windows, magnets, etc...look tacky at best.

2. The interior accent colors are no big deal. They're far too subtle to "clash" with anything and you sound like a whiny entitled c*nt complaining about them.

3. I don't understand the appeal of driving with doors removed. I like placing my arm on the sill with the windows down.

4. The 4 door should have been the "Bronco", the 2 door should have been the "Bronco Sport" and the bronco sport should have been the next gen Escape.

5. For those of us living in cities, most people who drive unmodded jeeps (and I see tons of them on my commute) don't go off-roading. They just like the way they look. Most of the people who want broncos in real life (outside the confines of this forum) will probably feel the same way. Time to get over it.

6. Purely functional mods are the best, even if they don't "look good"

7. People wanting a luxury packages, heated seats, leather, whisper quiet cabins, memory foam comfort seats or anything delicate in their SUV should stop complaining, buy a Lexus, bmw, mb or any other luxury SUV/ crossover and leave the broncos to the real men. 🤪
Sponsored