Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hoping build and price tool is released before this happens.

Agreed, as I am also waiting until I can get some pricing with options before I make a reservation. Hope they keep reservations around after build & price launches next month!

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it were me I wouldn't wait to reserve. If they take too many they will not be able to keep up with demand and they know it. Then you at the mercy of the dealerships. Your better off reserving now then changing your mind then not reserving and wish you did.

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I feel like they will keep reservations open till at least the build and order time in December. I don't think they lose much keeping reservations open. If anything new reservations within the next couple of months will fill in for the people who drop out. Granted the longer someone waits, the longer into 2022 is when you'll actually see your car.

Sponsored

r0skor0cker

Big Bend
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No point in waiting. You’re not risking anything by reserving.
This, it is a refundable reservation. If they are actually going to build all reservations/preorders before building dealer stock they will need/want to cut off reservations at some point.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed, as I am also waiting until I can get some pricing with options before I make a reservation. Hope they keep reservations around after build & price launches next month!
What is the risk in putting down a refundable deposit?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is there is a number at some point they shut it down. How high is that number is the question. Also what is the rate new reservations are coming in? In 17 days there are 230k granted I imagine the first 5-7 where really high reservation days but is it 500 or 5,000 a day currently?

I would think if we are at 230k today and that represents a 18mo backlog of orders based on what we are hearing. Figure a 33-40% pull thru 75,900 - 92,000 out of the current 230k...I would imagine then that if reservations reach in the 450-500k range reservations will probably shut down.

Now say the target or expected pull thru is 55-65%. That is 126,500 - 149,500 at the current reservation level. That would probably mean the shut down range is in the 300-350k range.

I am purely guessing as to account for a full year of production at the end of the day. 18mo sounds awesome to say in a press release but a bit of a nightmare for manufacturing and even some dealers who surely want to sell some off their lots.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it had already been stated that reservations would be open until Dec.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The reservations are just a marketing trick

It's a friggin ford truck, nothing limited edition about it

No reason to rush

Don't worry about it and just pull the trigger when you are ready
Nobody is getting their truck for a year anyways so who cares if it takes a couple extra months because you waited

Sure some will say there's nothing to lose by making a reservation, but the only thing to gain is a car payment a few months earlier.

Ford will take your money now, they'll gladly take it later too. It ain't like you won't be able to buy a bronco if you don't reserve one

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No reason to rush

Nobody is getting their truck for a year anyways so who cares if it takes a couple extra months because you waited

Sure some will say there's nothing to lose by making a reservation, but the only thing to gain is a car payment a few months earlier.

Ford will take your money now, they'll gladly take it later too. It ain't like you won't be able to buy a bronco if you don't reserve one

I'd prefer to have one as soon as I can, but under no circumstances would I be coaxed to pay an ADM or what not to be in early.

It is just a truck, a material item, yet is it? I mean, we could all just get by with Volkwagen Beetles or Ford Ecosports, but instead we choose to fulfill other needs by buying Ford Broncos, or Corvettes ....or BMW's.

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
My old Ranger is in need of a bit of work to pass state inspection and quite frankly, I'm tired of working on it. I can slide it through 1 more year maybe. Then sell it really cheap. This is coming at almost the perfect time. I can afford a base model (barely) and I will need it sooner rather than later. So I am on the reservation list. Hopefully I can get it in about a years time. If so it should all work out and I will be happy!

So if you are against reserving the Bronco, fine by me. lol.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No reason to rush

The advantage with the reservation is being able to order exactly what you want from the factory with options and accessories too........you may have a hard time finding the same thing later among dealer stock
Sponsored