David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

long story short my I picked up my 2022 BB bronco on nov 9th and it has been at the dealer since November 14th for a issue with the 4.27 rear locking diff. the dealer has rebuilt it once after waiting a month for parts, only to put it back together and find it still has the same problem. in comes the field engineer after a couple weeks they come in and its decided to replace the complete axle assembly. the order was placed for the complete axle on dec 30th last check with the dealer was they were told the axle wouldn't even be built until the end of February. Here's where the big issue comes in ford will not respond to phone call from me, emails to the case handler that i was assigned when i first contacted ford. i received two phone calls right after I opened the case, and that's it. i am at a complete loss as to why ford will not respond to me. Friday the servicing dealer also informed me that ford is being reluctant to talk to them. I cant figure out what its taking going on three months to fix a vehicle. keep in mind i didn't even make it to 1000 miles and never took if off road.

when i ordered this thing i joked around about it being broke down more then tit would be on the road. me not being a ford fan boy and not having much luck with fords in the past but i figured i would give them one more shot. well karmas a _____
but seriously three month and counting to get my damn rig fixed. come on ford step up and stop ignoring the issue hoping it will just go away
I have family who went through 3 months of summer with home AC that didnā€™t work because couldnā€™t get parts. I know people who canā€™t get their computer fixed because they canā€™t get parts. Soā€¦

And experience has taught me that ranting and screaming at the people who you need to help you generates the opposite effect from wha you really want.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jer8716

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have family who went through 3 months of summer with home AC that didnā€™t work because couldnā€™t get parts. I know people who canā€™t get their computer fixed because they canā€™t get parts. Soā€¦

And experience has taught me that ranting and screaming at the people who you need to help you generates the opposite effect from wha you really want.
i get what you saying and i can tell you there has been no screaming yelling or cusing. while i am waiting for my bronco to get fixed i am running a auto repair shop and i have a 2015 gmc sierra 2500hd diesel that is in my shop right now that i have been waiting of a dpf for 2 weeks but it shipped out Friday believe me i know parts availability sucks right know i see it from both ends. my shop productivity has massively dropped just due to parts taking longer to come in. parts availability is not the issue its not really even the lead time on repair my issue comes from the lack of communication from ford. when they say they are going to stay in contact and do not that is where the issues arises if i chose to not answer the phone when a customer called i would not have customer or a biasness very long.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
long story short my I picked up my 2022 BB bronco on nov 9th and it has been at the dealer since November 14th for a issue with the 4.27 rear locking diff. the dealer has rebuilt it once after waiting a month for parts, only to put it back together and find it still has the same problem. in comes the field engineer after a couple weeks they come in and its decided to replace the complete axle assembly. the order was placed for the complete axle on dec 30th last check with the dealer was they were told the axle wouldn't even be built until the end of February. Here's where the big issue comes in ford will not respond to phone call from me, emails to the case handler that i was assigned when i first contacted ford. i received two phone calls right after I opened the case, and that's it. i am at a complete loss as to why ford will not respond to me. Friday the servicing dealer also informed me that ford is being reluctant to talk to them. I cant figure out what its taking going on three months to fix a vehicle. keep in mind i didn't even make it to 1000 miles and never took if off road.

when i ordered this thing i joked around about it being broke down more then tit would be on the road. me not being a ford fan boy and not having much luck with fords in the past but i figured i would give them one more shot. well karmas a _____
but seriously three month and counting to get my damn rig fixed. come on ford step up and stop ignoring the issue hoping it will just go away
I understand your frustration. The parts to fix my Chinese made manual transmission are back ordered with no ETA. At just four thousand miles I have two recalls and a bad transmission. Love the truck so far but the quality just isnā€™t there.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Needs a third fix that doesn't. He has had one fix and second pending - not a lemon
Depends on each States laws.

Some have the 3 fix rule, others also state a timeline that the vehicle must be repaired in, 3 months is a number I've heard here before.
If it wasn't repaired and returned to the owner within 3 months, the owner could file for lemon law return/replacement.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand your frustration. The parts to fix my Chinese made manual transmission are back ordered with no ETA. At just four thousand miles I have two recalls and a bad transmission. Love the truck so far but the quality just isnā€™t there.
That makes me nervous to take delivery of my manual this April! Have their been other issues with manuals?

And OP that really sucks. Obviously you would prefer to enjoy driving the bronco around instead of getting rid of it. I also know the feeling of dealing with Ford customer service. That "rep hop" game you mentioned triggered my PTSD with them. They're a joke

OP
OP
Jer8716

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That makes me nervous to take delivery of my manual this April! Have their been other issues with manuals?

And OP that really sucks. Obviously you would prefer to enjoy driving the bronco around instead of getting rid of it. I also know the feeling of dealing with Ford customer service. That "rep hop" game you mentioned triggered my PTSD with them. They're a joke
you aint lieing my freind. i will tell you this it seems to me that my issue with the rear end is an isolated issue. as i have mentioned i am in the industry and am ford certified so i do have access to some direct ford access but not as much as i had when i was at the stealership. my thinking is my issue is a manufacturing defect in the housing. and thats not necessarily on ford but a issue from dana. i have look at the pics that the dealer sent to ford as well as the parts from the previous rebuild at there is unusual ware on the axle shaft and the carrier.

the issue with ford customer service as i have said is a joke.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear it. My Bronco has had zero issues so far but if I had to wait 3 months, I'd lemon law it and move on

OP
OP
Jer8716

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry to hear it. My Bronco has had zero issues so far but if I had to wait 3 months, I'd lemon law it and move on
I am reluctant to lemon law it. the four days i was able to drive mine i loved it that is until i started to hear what sounded like a ujoint under acceleration. for those not so auto savy you dont usually hear ujoint issues under power normally only coasting and shifting from park to drive for reverse to drive and vise versa. that started at around 400 miles and i was out of the stat on a weekend visting family. but she made it though the weekend and goy me and the family home safe so there's that

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yes i do have a loaner, i am working with BBB auto line for lemon law, but my chances of getting another bronco are low they are still rather rare out here in cental kansas.
So youā€™re complaining about all your past bad luck with Ford plus whatā€™s going on with this Bronco and you want another Bronco?
Also BBB for lemon law and not a lawyer.

somethingā€™s not adding up here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jer8716

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So youā€™re complaining about all your past bad luck with Ford plus whatā€™s going on with this Bronco and you want another Bronco?
Also BBB for lemon law and not a lawyer.

somethingā€™s not adding up here.
my actual complaint was about fords customer servive or better yet lack there of. But at this point i am checking out my options if i can find a resolution with out spend the money on a lawyer then why would i spend not only the money and the time. many lemon law cases are drawn out far beyond months and even into years. so yes if i can resolve this with out the expense and time then thats the way ill go other wise yes the lawyer i use for my business is familiar with lemon law and will help me. but again why would i pay my lawyer even more for a problem theres a chance i can resolve it with out his assistance. at 300 bucks an hour i could do alot more with that money including giving my guys a bonus. or upgrading some shop equipment. its keeping it simple.

Last edited:

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious what the fault is with your 4.27 rear?

OP
OP
Jer8716

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curious what the fault is with your 4.27 rear?
it appears to be the housing was manufactured incorrectly causing ware on the axle shafts and carrier that should not be present. it started making noise with around 400 miles took it back to dealer at just over 900.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They had to replace my transfer case and it was quick and painless. But they had my F450 for 3 months to replace the rear end. Iā€™m sure itā€™s really not Ford and a supplier issue. My cousin owns a drive line shop and struggling to get parts.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Itā€™s a known issue with the manuals. Ford actually has a service bulletin out on it. When itā€™s really cold outside you can hear the scraping sound at idle. The noise stops when the truck warms up.
Look on you tube. Several people have posted on it . If yours is a ā€˜23 model they may have fixed it at the factory. At least now they claim to know the actual problem instead of just putting in a new transmission with the same bad gears. But like I said itā€™s a Chinese made tranny. Hopefully this TSB fixes the problem
Sponsored