Sponsored

Where to buy factory Ford roof rails with crossbar?

ArkansasBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a build scheduled for 12/13 (4dr OBX). I did not order the roof rails with crossbar but now I am looking to purchase for when it arrives. Does anyone know where to purchase this?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently this is not possible, the only way to order roof rails is for warranty work.

I assume at some point Ford may offer it as a standalone accessory, but right now with all of the component shortages most of the parts are going to the assembly line for new Broncos.

I would not at all be surprised if aftermarket roof rails come out before Ford offers their roof rails as a standalone accessory.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a build scheduled for 12/13 (4dr OBX). I did not order the roof rails with crossbar but now I am looking to purchase for when it arrives. Does anyone know where to purchase this?
There is a small chance your dealer can still add it right now. my build is next month but I added it this week.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick update on this...

Talked to my dealer today about a bunch of Ford accessories I wanted. Lots of stuff I wanted still doesn't have a release date, but my dealer's regional Ford rep said roof rack is slated to be coming to the accessory store Q1 2022. Price is expected to be around $1600-ish.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick update on this...

Talked to my dealer today about a bunch of Ford accessories I wanted. Lots of stuff I wanted still doesn't have a release date, but my dealer's regional Ford rep said roof rack is slated to be coming to the accessory store Q1 2022. Price is expected to be around $1600-ish.
$1600? 🖕🏼
I'll go aftermarket if it's going to be that bad

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick update on this...

WTF? I was expecting no more than $600

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

$1600? 🖕🏼
Have you had any luck locating aftermarket roof rails and cross bars? I agree that $1800 is ridiculous.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WTF? I was expecting no more than $600
$1600? 🖕🏼
Yeah, it's up there.

The $1600-ish price is the "best guess" from my dealer's parts guy based on the cost of the parts if he were to order it for warranty work, and it includes the cost of shipping—which is a big chunk of it. You might be able to avoid the gigantic shipping cost if you ship to the dealer rather than your house though.

I'm hoping he is way off, but he's been been in the ballpark (within $200) on everything I've ordered from him in the past.

$1600 still seems excessive to me, I was expecting around $1000. But when you realize a single crossbar from the accessories site is $200, he may not be too far off once you include shipping and taxes.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the roof rack added to my four door (now that it's possible for a 2022), But honestly it kind of sucks. Low weight restrictions, and the worst thing is, it doesn't go all the way back. It's basically the size of a two-door.

My point being, if you can get the roof rack for the $400 then that's one thing. But to spend a boatload of money after the fact to buy a shitty factory roof rack, it's just not worth it.

My plan is to buy an aftermarket once one comes out that works better.

Sponsored

TravisD

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the zrockz version looks better anyway. I'm saving my loose change to buy it someday :)

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's really screwed up is some of us Badlands folks can't add the damn thing to our order.
Sponsored