Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Indeed.

I just made some simple points that you appeared not to take into account. As to your point, your premise insists that whoever is breaking into the car is necessarily seeking items to sell, but that's obviously not a certainty.

Since this thread was about practical applications, not policy arguments, I'll share a quick video I just finished of how to install the Console Vault, with melodramatic spaghetti western music. šŸ¤™

This is a pretty darned convenient solution.

Somewhere in Filmscore Heaven, Ennio Morricone is smiling.
Sponsored

Reactions: R11

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing it's the same reason as why some of us routinely carry in our vehicles. I'm not here to postulate what that reason is for each individual, but it sure feels like the two are closely linked.
Look at the increase in crime stats. After paying an obscenely marked up Badlands Sasquatch, and as I anticipate my final accessories and upgrades, I'm looking at the most expensive temporal thing I've ever owned in my life (after my house). Also, I'm 75 (couldn't wait for my original build, hence the markup issue), and not in the shape I used to be to struggle with some thug. I also traverse problem neighborhoods on a regular basis. So I drive defensively, maintain 360-degree awareness (like leaving room between me and the vehicle ahead for possible evasive maneuvering), and always carry.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@tourproto , OK I see your point. Combo not same as Simplex. Good point.
Obviously a guy who can afford to pay Oregon taxes and still own a Bimmer is in a financial position to buy a gun safe that is an order of magnitude more than me, šŸ˜‚ Good for you, God bless a nation where you can do that. Not in my budget though - Iā€™ll have to fumble around in the dark with a flashlight.
His hometown has seen a serious crime spike.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™ll admit I donā€™t wanna read through 13 pagesā€¦was there a resolution that could be updated in the first post? I have the center console safe, but itā€™s not ideal. I typically carry on my body and never leave it in my vehicle if I can help it (the console safe kinda works for those rare occasions), especially with a soft top.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ll admit I donā€™t wanna read through 13 pagesā€¦was there a resolution that could be updated in the first post? I have the center console safe, but itā€™s not ideal. I typically carry on my body and never leave it in my vehicle if I can help it (the console safe kinda works for those rare occasions), especially with a soft top.
Several different products and solutions have been suggested and commented on. If you need to secure a firearm, taking the time to go through the thread is time well spent. You're free to skip or skim posts which don't seem relevant to you.
Happy--and safe!--wheeling!

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting for this company to make a Bronco solution. I have their F150 box. It's pretty stout. https://www.lockerdown.com/
Good point. We have a way to go before the Bronco aftermarket catches up with the Wrangler and F-150, but you never know what manufacturers will com up with.
[I'm pretty sure we're well ahead of the Prius aftermarket already!]

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
His hometown has seen a serious crime spike.
That would be an understatement. We just reached another annual high for homicides. That is 3 years in a row now with record homicides. Worse than back in the 80s when Portland was not a great place.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the OP, I have not seen in this thread (or anywhere else) a well-designed, well-integrated gunsafe for the Bronco.

1. Center console has options, but I have started to use my center console for other stuff, and I will only consider a Simplex lock system (vs. a 3 for 4 digit combo lock). So nothing here yet that works for me.

2. Rear cargo area won't work for several reasons: 1) don't want a 3 or 4 digit combo lock 2)I keep other stuff in the back cargo area and to have to move stuff around to get into the safe is a pain

3. Storing under the rear seats. This could be an option for me since I have the 4 door (I don't know what it is like in the 2 door). But I also fold down my seats a lot for loading cargo, so the safe would be in the way and can't be permanently mounted.

So I went with what I do in my BMW, which is keep a Simplex lock handgun safe under the driver's seat, cable locked to the seat frame.

Not really ideal, but it meets my needs and I am not paying good $$$ for a sub optimal system. Hopefully someone comes up with something better eventually.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the OP, I have not seen in this thread (or anywhere else) a well-designed, well-integrated gunsafe for the Bronco.

1. Center console has options, but I have started to use my center console for other stuff, and I will only consider a Simplex lock system (vs. a 3 for 4 digit combo lock). So nothing here yet that works for me.

2. Rear cargo area won't work for several reasons: 1) don't want a 3 or 4 digit combo lock 2)I keep other stuff in the back cargo area and to have to move stuff around to get into the safe is a pain

3. Storing under the rear seats. This could be an option for me since I have the 4 door (I don't know what it is like in the 2 door). But I also fold down my seats a lot for loading cargo, so the safe would be in the way and can't be permanently mounted.

So I went with what I do in my BMW, which is keep a Simplex lock handgun safe under the driver's seat, cable locked to the seat frame.

Not really ideal, but it meets my needs and I am not paying good $$$ for a sub optimal system. Hopefully someone comes up with something better eventually.
The simple fact is, the Bronco was engineered with off-roading as the priority. Fuel economy, rear-seat footroom and comfort, fuel economy, and much much more were subordinated to the service of Mission One: Off-roading. That includes cargo issues, and secure firearm storage is a highly specialized storage issue.
Tourproto, I think you've hit on a satisfactory, if less than ideal, interim solution. As I and another member posted above, aftermarket suppliers are coming out with new products, and maybe somebody will configure something more suitable to your needs. So "make-do," and keep googling "Bronco Firearm storage" every month ago, and hope for the best.
On a lighter note, can you imagine the challenges facing a Prius or Tesla owner? Not that many of them ever pack heat!

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wonder if there is any other new products that would work? I have the console vault but want something larger and thinking something for the trunk of the 4dr bronco. Diabolical so far is top of the list just concerned with the little locking lid if someone wanted to pry it open it looks east to do.(flimsy?)

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think may have found a solution that works for me. I ordered the Headrest safe and should have it in hand next Tuesday. I will report back on fit and finish as well as security.
https://www.theheadrestsafe.com/
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] Screenshot_20230317_080731_Chrome
Sponsored