Sponsored

Who do you use to mount + balance tires?

hammer_head

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I normally buy tires from tire shops that also mount, balance etc, but today isn't a normal day. I have some tires on order that are being delivered to me and as such I am now in the position of taking my Bronco somewhere to get these bad boys put on. I was wondering where people usually go to get something like this done. I can definitely call up some shops, and most likely will, but given that this may be a special task of upgrading from 35" to KM3 37" tires I want to be sure I am going about it right the first time. Also, anything else I need to consider? Speedometer adjustment etc.?

Back story, I have a 3" BDS/Zone lift, 1.5" wheel spacers, and JKS Max Tire Clearance Kit + Heavy Duty Tirerod Sleeves so I am set up for the 37's.

Also, may or may not help but i am in Oakland County Michigan area (Troy).

Thanks, Bronco Fam!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To mount/balance tires I use my dealer. They have a full-service diesel shop and are one of the few places local to me that have a tire balancing machine that supports larger tires. The only thing my dealer WON'T do for me is mount beadlocks (liability reasons), so I usually struggle-bus my way through that in my driveway.

I would imagine most 4x4 shops can mount/balance larger tires.

For speedometer changes, I do that myself with FDRS and/or Forscan.

OP
OP
hammer_head

hammer_head

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I think that’s my issue… I called the dealership near me and once I said 37’s it was a no. I’ll have to call the dealer i bought from to see if they can install.

Oh and thanks on the Forscan tip, I thoughtI read somewhere that you had to adjust for larger tires.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would also HIGHLY recommend road force balancing for 37

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mostly, someone who understands what the red and yellow dots are for on the tire.

Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had some e rated 35 mud tires (heavy) installed by my tire guys they used the beads inside the tire,no weights and always stays balanced.

Fortydegnorth

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4dr, 2023 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mounted my 35’s myself to save me from hauling a stack of wheels and tires. Once I had them on the Bronco, I drove it to a tire shop near me, less than 2 miles and they balanced and aligned everything. Mounting large tires with spoons/irons is easy and saves hauling a trailer load to the tire shop If you ordered tires online.
Sponsored