Sponsored

Who does 5-tire rotations? Getting pushback from service.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A wise man once told me "an arrogant man knows nothing". Sounds like a whole shop full of arrogant men.
You would actually be surprised at the crap that comes out of customer's mouths "Well I read online that..." and its the stupidest thing anyone has ever said in the world.

Keep in mind that although forums do contain excellent advise, it also holds opinions and information from people that believe the world is flat.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would actually be surprised at the crap that comes out of customer's mouths "Well I read online that..." and its the stupidest thing anyone has ever said in the world.

Keep in mind that although forums do contain excellent advise, it also holds opinions and information from people that believe the world is flat.
I don't doubt you, but the arrogance comes in when they refuse to even consider another point of view.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of curosituy I asked the local shop about a 5 tire rotation and got multiple reason why I shouldn't do it. I do it at home every 5k, it is a 1-2 beer job.

Some shops will try to do anything they can for an extra buck. My oldest granddaughter was once charged for the TPMS relearn on a car that did not have TPMS!

Last month we had new tires installed on a car being given to the other granddaughter and one of the sensors was bad. It was $59 bill for the new sensor. She ended up getting a flat and took it in for repair and the same shop told her the TPMS sensor was bad and it was a $99 dollar repair.

Broncobsessed

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealership had ZERO issues with this. The service advisor actually spoke to the technician to make sure he understood how to do it properly. Yes, it’s an extra step for the mechanic, but they’ve been more than willing to do it for me both times I’ve had my oil changed.
It makes sense because the tire wear is distributed evenly between 5 tires instead of four, thus prolonging the life of the set. Not to mention if a tire stays mounted on the carrier, it will eventually dry rot.
I personally would rather spend money on accessories now and get all the life out of the tires I can.. maybe by the time the 315s wear out, I can convince my wife that I NEED 37s 😂

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They assured me the spare did NOT have a sensor so they put in the one I ordered. And now they are saying it is maybe a Sasquatch thing… it would need to be re-learned every rotation. He said it takes about 20 minutes to do and eventually they’ll start charging a half-hour of labor additional for 5-tire rotations on a Sasquatch… because of having to relearn each time… and “the manual shouldn’t suggest that for a Sasquatch but Ford isn’t going to update the manual with an asterisk for Sasquatch!”

wow! He even brought a “Jeep owner” who works service there to also advise/suggest against a 5-tire rotation as well on 35s but under 35s it’s not a big deal.

My head hurts. The “we at service know more than the guys on the forums” line was the icing on the cake.
I agree with what others have said, the dealer's clear cluelessness is a big red flag and I would never go back.

Sponsored

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Requesting 5-tire rotation. Service guy is pushing back saying “nobody does that.” Spare didn’t have TPS so I ordered one. They want to charge a full hour to reprogram the sensors with each rotation. Also got some story with enough uneven tread wear with that 5th tire being rotated in every 5,000 miles that it is gonna create unnecessary wear on the transfer case and other stuff. Is it this much of a headache with those of you doing 5-tire rotations? Is Ford Service giving you grief or are you getting them done elsewhere? They are making it sound like it is never done ESPECIALLY on new Broncos. I was under the impression it was a fairly common thing.
They're wrong on every count and they owe you the price of the TPS. Incompetence at the least; scammers.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had the 5-tire rotation done twice on my Bronco so far. I went in at 5000 and had it done - no charge. Then again at the oil change at 7500 miles. The car knew right away which tires were where without anybody doing anything.

The guys at my dealer tried to talk me out of the 5-tire rotation too, but I insisted. They didn't bother trying to talk me out of it the second time.

I know that the Bronco can get confused about the TPMS, though. The last time I was off road and dropped my air pressure to 20 psi, the left rear was showing the air pressure for the spare. Did that for about two hours even after turning it off multiple times, then it was okay again. I verified by dropping the pressure in the spare by about 3 psi and it showed in the left rear position.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d say find a different dealer but unfortunately most Bronco owners know more about the Bronco than the dealers.
Went through the same confusion about 5 tire rotation. From now on I’m doing that myself.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My local Ford dealership owns the quick lube next door to it. When I purchased my Bronco came with 2 years free oil change and tire rotation. They rotate all 5 no questions asked.

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Jeep JKU with 35x12.5 KO2s and the 5 tire rotation helped me get over 75,000 miles on my first set of tires. Never had an issue doing this. When I hit the 5,000 miles on my Bronco, I hope my dealership doesn't give me crap about this.

Sponsored

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got ripped off by your dealer. I would demand my money back.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, I love reading all the dealership hate. I think there was a thread on this a while back, I chuckled but didn't reply.

Remember folks, we at the dealership are human too yet so many want to treat us as we are second class, nobody is perfect. I am a service manager (20 + years) and like an advisor said above this is the first truck many at Ford have seen with 5 actual full size tires with 5 actual TPMS sensors and wheels as spares, if you want it done, request it, but don't beat the crap out of them for not doing it automatically, we aren't Bronco experts but we are expected to be everything experts in everyone else's eyes. I can tell you since the Bronco has been out we have done ZERO -0- 5-tire rotations, nobody asks for it, does it help, of course but isn't life and death. And those of you who think we should just do it for free, nothings free, techs get paid by the job for their time, I wouldn't expect any one on here to work for free, that even includes the menial little tire rotation that the 100 pound wet young man is trying to sling 5 80+ pound tires and wheels around. The places that do it for free have hourly workers, most techs, even lube techs are flag techs. For those who think they got a free tire and rotation package, trust me, that's front loaded, you paid for it, they are just doing it for "free". I will say though the TPMS shouldn't have been charged to you or anyone. Everyone wants to bitch and haul out the service dept. then wonder why we don't want to help them get stuff covered.

I could go on but rant over. Let's get back to stuff that really matters. Eagles suck, Kansas City ehh...Daytona 500 kickoff coming!

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealership, Davidson Ford in Watertown NY did a 5 tire rotation without even being asked. Treat customers very well.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just did my 5-tire rotation myself over the weekend. It was a pain in the ass with extra heavy tires, but at least I'm getting my money's worth with the fifth tire. TPMS updates itself after driving about a mile down the road.

Chris_Derksen

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
During 1st service and the last couple of oil changes I've done my dealer said it wasn't necessary, so I didn't push back. However, if I wanted to start doing it would it be too late at this point? I've got 15,000km (around 9000 miles) on the 4 mounted on the Bronco. The spare hasn't been used.
Sponsored