Sponsored

Who does 5-tire rotations? Getting pushback from service.

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t stand dealers like this. It’s just pure laziness. They wanted to charge me extra for the fifth tire, I told them no, they gave it to me, and I’m never going back. There’s good service dealers and there’s bad ones. You happen to go to a bad one. Find a good one like I am, or just take your business to a whole other place not associated with Ford.
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know for sure that I will be putting something else on my Sasquatch when these Goodyears are finished off. Right now I'm leaning toward the BFGoodrich KM3. Even without that, I would still want a 5-tire rotation.
Measured the tread on my Goodyear’s today during my 5 tire rotation at 3800 miles and the rears were 13/32.. at this rate I’ll be buying tires in the next couple of months. They’re listed as 16/32” from the factory but by the same ruler I measured my unused spare at 15/32’s before going into the rotation. Either way 2/32+ in 3800 miles with nary a single burnout is pretty fast.
Going with Mickey Thompson Baja Legend MTZ’s in either a 35 or 37.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like others have said. Spare includes a TPMS and no programming needed. My dealer includes it in the standard Works package.

Stupid question maybe but if got purchased aftermarket ties, do they still Have TPMS?

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ah, I love reading all the dealership hate. I think there was a thread on this a while back, I chuckled but didn't reply.

Remember folks, we at the dealership are human too yet so many want to treat us as we are second class, nobody is perfect. I am a service manager (20 + years) and like an advisor said above this is the first truck many at Ford have seen with 5 actual full size tires with 5 actual TPMS sensors and wheels as spares, if you want it done, request it, but don't beat the crap out of them for not doing it automatically, we aren't Bronco experts but we are expected to be everything experts in everyone else's eyes. I can tell you since the Bronco has been out we have done ZERO -0- 5-tire rotations, nobody asks for it, does it help, of course but isn't life and death. And those of you who think we should just do it for free, nothings free, techs get paid by the job for their time, I wouldn't expect any one on here to work for free, that even includes the menial little tire rotation that the 100 pound wet young man is trying to sling 5 80+ pound tires and wheels around. The places that do it for free have hourly workers, most techs, even lube techs are flag techs. For those who think they got a free tire and rotation package, trust me, that's front loaded, you paid for it, they are just doing it for "free". I will say though the TPMS shouldn't have been charged to you or anyone. Everyone wants to bitch and haul out the service dept. then wonder why we don't want to help them get stuff covered.

I could go on but rant over. Let's get back to stuff that really matters. Eagles suck, Kansas City ehh...Daytona 500 kickoff coming!
Ah, I love reading all the dealership hate. I think there was a thread on this a while back, I chuckled but didn't reply.

Remember folks, we at the dealership are human too yet so many want to treat us as we are second class, nobody is perfect. I am a service manager (20 + years) and like an advisor said above this is the first truck many at Ford have seen with 5 actual full size tires with 5 actual TPMS sensors and wheels as spares, if you want it done, request it, but don't beat the crap out of them for not doing it automatically, we aren't Bronco experts but we are expected to be everything experts in everyone else's eyes. I can tell you since the Bronco has been out we have done ZERO -0- 5-tire rotations, nobody asks for it, does it help, of course but isn't life and death. And those of you who think we should just do it for free, nothings free, techs get paid by the job for their time, I wouldn't expect any one on here to work for free, that even includes the menial little tire rotation that the 100 pound wet young man is trying to sling 5 80+ pound tires and wheels around. The places that do it for free have hourly workers, most techs, even lube techs are flag techs. For those who think they got a free tire and rotation package, trust me, that's front loaded, you paid for it, they are just doing it for "free". I will say though the TPMS shouldn't have been charged to you or anyone. Everyone wants to bitch and haul out the service dept. then wonder why we don't want to help them get stuff covered.

I could go on but rant over. Let's get back to stuff that really matters. Eagles suck, Kansas City ehh...Daytona 500 kickoff coming!
me
Ford Bronco Who does 5-tire rotations? Getting pushback from service. DB8603B1-5A60-42EA-B9D6-A05108C45A28
How’s Zak’s golf game going?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Stupid question maybe but if got purchased aftermarket ties, do they still Have TPMS?
The TPMS is part of the wheel,valve stem, not the tire.

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My service guys said why replace 5 when you need new tires instead of 4, I kinda agree with that

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My service guys said why replace 5 when you need new tires instead of 4, I kinda agree with that
Why have a bought and paid for wheel/tire you never use? Why not drive 20% farther before buying tires? You do you.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toilet paper should always roll forward, from the top. Backward is just icky.
Just like you see people complain on the forums about the most meaningless things, People will complain about anything on a survey.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why have a bought and paid for wheel/tire you never use? Why not drive 20% farther before buying tires? You do you.
It's less bought and paid for when it comes as part of the $60k vehicle then it would be buying a 5th tire during replacement. The spare in the back is just that, a spare. It's like insurance, you hope you never use it but you have it if you need it.
Sponsored