Sponsored

Who here had their Dealer botch their order?

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Background for me: After my dealer confirmed they placed my order back in March, I went into the reservation portal days later to confirm, yet it didn’t reflect this. The dealer said that for some people the system hadn’t yet updated and it should sometime later. Now that folks are getting their build confirmed, I decided to check again and the portal still did not reflect that an in-store was placed. I then called the Bronco reservation line this morning and eventually got to the production team. They confirmed they have no record of an order being placed. I even gave them a “preview order“ number that the dealership sent me but said that wasn’t an actual order an that if it had, they would have had me sign a buyers agreement. So now I find myself without an order and no ability to use my reservation for priority.

Needless to say I’m pretty upset.

I’m wondering how many have had their order not placed or mixed things up?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Woof!

Just to clarify. Your online account never showed an "in-store order" was placed? Still shows it as a reservation?

And dealer give you this:

Ford Bronco Who here had their Dealer botch their order? Order Summary Screen Shot Redacted

If they did, it sounds like they built the order in WBDO but never actually submitted it. Not too late to submit now... but you've missed the window on a first quarter MY21 build.

Also, the buyers agreement thing doesn't make any sense. Some people have signed them, others have not. (my dealer is waiting until mine is scheduled to do that along with the deposit)

Last edited:

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll have to get my email to confirm my dealer actually made my changes before I can burn them at the stake

OP
OP
mtu_bronco

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Woof!

Just to clarify. Your online account never showed an "in-store order" was placed? Still shows it as a reservation?

And dealer give you this:

Ford Bronco Who here had their Dealer botch their order? Order Summary Screen Shot Redacted

If they did, it sounds like they built the order in WBDO but never actually submitted it. Not too late to submit now... but you've missed the window on a first quarter MY21 build.

Also, the buyers agreement thing doesn't make any sense. Some people have signed them, others have not. (my dealer is waiting until mine is scheduled to do that along with the deposit)
Yup spot on. I sent an email this morning expressing my displeasure so I’ll wait to see how they are going to respond...

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup spot on. I sent an email this morning expressing my extreme displeasure so I’ll wait to see how they are going to respond...
That sucks. Good luck.

Like I said, they can still submit your order, so all is not lost, and depending on your timestamp and other factors at play, maybe your delivery window wont even be effected (though we have no way of ever knowing).

I wonder if your dealer was just being dumb (not submitting because they thought they weren't supposed to if it didn't fall into allocation) or whether they were being slimy and manipulative (trying to bump up a later reservation).

Sponsored
OP
OP
mtu_bronco

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That sucks. Good luck.

Like I said, they can still submit your order, so all is not lost, and depending on your timestamp and other factors at play, maybe your delivery window wont even be effected (though we have no way of ever knowing).

I wonder if your dealer was just being dumb (not submitting because they thought they weren't supposed to if it didn't fall into allocation) or whether they were being slimy and manipulative (trying to bump up a later reservation).
I’m hoping it wasn’t the latter as the dealership seems to have a good reputation (although we all know most google reviews are fake) and the sales guy has been good about being responsive. So we’ll see.

OP
OP
mtu_bronco

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still waiting on the dealer to confirm this but apparently they used my 2nd reservation which I placed on 7/20/20 not my 1st one placed on 7/15/2020. I was very clear with the sales guy to MAKE SURE they used the correct one.

Not sure if it’s carelessness or on purpose. I want to walk away and work with another dealer but I gather it’s too late for that unless I want to start from scratch with no priority. Kind of sours the whole experience.

Last edited:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Physically go to the dealer with the Correct Reservation printed out
Watch them enter it. Have them give you a printed Dora. Confirm you get the email from Ford stating
Ford Bronco Who here had their Dealer botch their order? 1618688723496

Check the Website to confirm it says
Ford Bronco Who here had their Dealer botch their order? 1618688792395

With the proper date vs mine and then you know everything has occurred as it should. Gonna say it again.
Ensuring that you get what you want and that it was indeed ordered is ultimately the buyers responsibility.

OP
OP
mtu_bronco

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Physically go to the dealer with the Correct Reservation printed out
Watch them enter it. Have them give you a printed Dora. Confirm you get the email from Ford stating

Check the Website to confirm it says

With the proper date vs mine and then you know everything has occurred as it should. Gonna say it again.
Ensuring that you get what you want and that it was indeed ordered is ultimately the buyers responsibility.
Thanks Mom. Sure I’ll just take a few days of vacation from work, buy a $300 plane ticket, fly 2 hours and get a hotel near the dealership. 🙄

It’s the buyers responsibility to communicate clearly and often which I did. I spoke many times to the salesman on the phone and sent him emails clearly laying out what I wanted.

Chefdrew

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Background for me: After my dealer confirmed they placed my order back in March, I went into the reservation portal days later to confirm, yet it didn’t reflect this. The dealer said that for some people the system hadn’t yet updated and it should sometime later. Now that folks are getting their build confirmed, I decided to check again and the portal still did not reflect that an in-store was placed. I then called the Bronco reservation line this morning and eventually got to the production team. They confirmed they have no record of an order being placed. I even gave them a “preview order“ number that the dealership sent me but said that wasn’t an actual order an that if it had, they would have had me sign a buyers agreement. So now I find myself without an order and no ability to use my reservation for priority.

Needless to say I’m furious.

I’m wondering how many of us had their order not placed after the dealer claiming they did it on-time?
What is the number ?!

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks Mom. Sure I’ll just take a few days of vacation from work, buy a $300 plane ticket, fly 2 hours and get a hotel near the dealership. 🙄

It’s the buyers responsibility to communicate clearly and often which I did. I spoke many times to the salesman on the phone and sent him emails clearly laying out what I wanted.
But you never got anything in writing or as an attachment to an email reply.
I have never physically set foot in my dealership, yet I have a Dora, the Ford Order confirmation email and can verify via Ford.com. Same for many others.

With how convoluted this whole process has been, doing the above is the best guarantee you can get, and then, there is still the chance of honest human error.

At this point, ask the dealership to email you the Dora and verify you get a Ford Confirmation Email and then verify the Status of your account on Ford.com.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No reason to get sassy when people are trying to help you, OP. If you don't want help, why post?

Anyway, if your dealer is not local, all the more reason to get a copy of the DORA. It has all the info you need (including your res #).

OP
OP
mtu_bronco

mtu_bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
But you never got anything in writing or as an attachment to an email reply.
I have never physically set foot in my dealership, yet I have a Dora, the Ford Order confirmation email and can verify via Ford.com. Same for many others.

With how convoluted this whole process has been, doing the above is the best guarantee you can get, and then, there is still the chance of honest human error.

At this point, ask the dealership to email you the Dora and verify you get a Ford Confirmation Email and then verify the Status of your account on Ford.com.
55D801E7-3C3D-4B98-A826-50672D2175C1.png

Not sure what a DORA is but this what they sent me today. It says “preview order”... doesn’t seem like anything official to me.

Last edited:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does the order preview timestamp/date show the current date/time or when the order was entered?