Who is going for a non-Squatch Base?

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was thinking Base 4 door with manual, but it does not exist. Maybe it is coming?
Sponsored

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really want the Black Diamond primarily for the MGV and no carpet and the one I built on B&P is $43030. I am seriously considering the Base now for these reasons. I currently have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee I purchased 4 years ago and have managed to put only 19,000 miles on it. I have a company van for DD so it will sit in my driveway most of the time. I'm sure a first year production vehicle is going to have some issues to figure out. And not having a ton of bells and whistles will probably ease some warranty waiting pains. Hopefully Ford will in a couple of years have a model to compare to the Gladiator because the more I see them the more I like the versatility. So the B&P build on the base is $33,415. So my thought process is to save the 10 grand and maybe upgrade the wheels and possibly the seats with Katzkin and have a nice low mileage first year Bronco to sell or trade for a truck version of the Bronco. Thoughts anyone?

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really want the Black Diamond primarily for the MGV and no carpet and the one I built on B&P is $43030. I am seriously considering the Base now for these reasons. I currently have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee I purchased 4 years ago and have managed to put only 19,000 miles on it. I have a company van for DD so it will sit in my driveway most of the time. I'm sure a first year production vehicle is going to have some issues to figure out. And not having a ton of bells and whistles will probably ease some warranty waiting pains. Hopefully Ford will in a couple of years have a model to compare to the Gladiator because the more I see them the more I like the versatility. So the B&P build on the base is $33,415. So my thought process is to save the 10 grand and maybe upgrade the wheels and possibly the seats with Katzkin and have a nice low mileage first year Bronco to sell or trade for a truck version of the Bronco. Thoughts anyone?

Tough call, I could never buy a car and then barely drive it. I get your situation though. My buddies have "Sunday" cars as I call them, and really seem to like that they drive them more as a treat, than daily thing. Sounds like you are still unsure, I would get the base if I only drove it that much, heck, I still think about only getting the base now, and I will DD mine.

Good luck on choice.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only reason I've flirted with a BB is the factory locker with 4.27 gearing and the little bigger tires.
I keep building BBs for the locker, but I get so close to the price of BD that I finally ruled out the Big Bend for sure and now only have to decide between the Base and Black Diamond. I really want the steelies and the vintage-look grill.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had waffled from a Base to a Base Sasquatch to Big Bend with Locker to the Black Diamond and Outer Banks.

But, the more and more builds I do, the more I'm thinking its gonna be a Base, probably a 4DR as it is just easier for us old people to get in and out and it should have better road manners. I don't off-road so don't need lockers or giant tires. I do want a vehicle that is a convertible with doors off options (will be my motorcycle replacement also) and that can explore backroads. Only real interior requirements is a radio with CarPlay/AndroidAuto and the aux switches. Only current undecided is 2.3 or 2.7? Any other found need/want can be added aftermarket later (tires and wheels and lights).

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm set on a 2 door manual so I can't comment on pricing differences for 4 door autos but...

If I can get conformation that there is no carpet anywhere in the BD*, that's what I think I'm going to go with. I'm happy with the value of $7500 for all the upgrades and I'd also get the tow package and advanced 4x4.

Otherwise, if they raise the price of the BD or do any other shenanigans, I'm very happy with getting the $28,500 base. I'll have to do some mods myself but value wise, bare bones base is a freakin steal.

*I trust Ford's engineers to address the cloth on the back of the seats but I wouldn't be surprised if the designers decided to cover the center console with neon green yak fur just for that pop of color and texture.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Until the pricing increase the other day I was pretty content with a 4-door auto 2.7 base with mod bumper. If I do decide to buy it'll probably be that. The more I learn about modern off-roading the more I realize I would probably be best served by swapping in helical LSDs along with new gears and tires, as lockers aren't the best fit. This will be my daily driver and family mover for trips with occasional beach trips and light off-roading in forests.

I have really soured on Ford as for us 4-door base people the build and price looked like the only transmission available was automatic and it was included in the price. Now, I'm paying $6,250 more for going to 4-doors which doesn't do it for me. I may consider a used JLU, 4Runner, or even the Subaru Ascent as it can tow 5,000 pounds and do everything but "harder off-roading" for thousands less, but boy do I hate their media tech (glitches all the time).

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Waffling between Base non squatch & BB non squatch...with my option picks there is a about $6K difference....Time will tell!

Let's hear yours!!
[/QUOTE]

Blue Bronco

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve gone all the way from badlands, to black diamond, and now finally sticking to base. Even stripped out the bumper, rock rail, and roof rack upgrades.

Going bone stock carbonized gray 2-door 2.3L manual, possibly w/ floor liners. Ditching the hardtop for Trektop as soon as possible. Considering procomp 51 steelies w/ 32ish tires. Leveling kit. Aftermarket tow hitch. Further mods TBD.
I've done the same thing. BL to BD to Base.

Looking at Velocity Blue, 2-Door, with 2.7/Auto, and Auxiliary Switches.

All other changes will be made via aftermarket stuff.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I realized that since this is a third car for the wife and I all I really need is doors off and topless. All the nice to haves and capabilities I don't need as my primary truck fits that need. At 33.5k delivered for a v6 2dr base, it's the right move for me. Still have NJ tax and title, 36k OTD for this is plenty. I'll augment the base with aftermarket and takeoffs but no rush. And if there is a totalled Bronc with MGV interior at the junk yard, you bet I'll grab those seats. LOL

My BD build would have been way over 50k OTD, no that's too much, save some coin for the Warthog. :)

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I toyed with the idea of the base many times and I still do build it a lot just to see what I can do with it. I went with the black diamond because I really wanted the hose out interior, I have a dog and I do a lot of hunting and fishing so I thought that would be a good set up for me and yes I went Sasquatch… all that being said, I think the base is by far the best looking… for some reason it just hits me differently, it may be the nostalgic part of it. Either way I wish I had infinite money because I would love to have a base two door with a stick in white with a hardtop and rack. Only add-ons would be rock sliders and mudflaps. It would be a great car just to zip around in and take top off on nice days.

I really do feel the amount of customization available by getting base makes it probably one of the better buys. And as I wait months for several months for my black diamond I will still struggle a bit on not getting a base.
Sponsored