First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same camp, BB is a big jump in price from Base, it basically pays for SAS package. But again SAS package is overkill for most of us and I come from number of 4X4 Toyotas with lockers. Never used it and I think people don't quite understand the front axle/lockers and what Ford is trying to achieve.

If you look at the lineup, BB and OB are DD models, rest can be tanks. The non-locker front axel is still very robust.

The choice is do you want an offroad tourer (99.9999%) or a rock crawler. If you want a rock crawler then SAS is a steal.

The key to offroad vehicle is its 4X4 components and system, lockers are only used when stopped or crawl speed at last resort for better grip and control.

Personally my top pick has been:
2D Base with SAS (pref with manual but Auto you get advanced with SAS)
2D Base no SAS (put alloy or 17" steelies and 265s)
4D Base non SAS (get the Auto, wished they had manual)
2D BB with rear lock
4D BB with rear lock and hard top
2D Black Diamond

But ultimately its for fun and to experience something like a modern land rover, so the base as is, is still very attractive...
Sounds like we went through the same builds. I would be happy with a BB and a few extra options but with the $5K price jump from Base then still having to add the rear locker you're up another $795. Plus I really don't like the tires and wheels on the BB so there's another $2,500 or so. Then they get you because now you can step up to the Mid package for $1,495 if you want. So next thing I'm coming in closer to $10K more.

Base SAS makes more sense economically for me even though it's overkill. It will get ma anywhere I'm capable of going and look killer with the SAS package.
Sponsored

Seant

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like we went through the same builds. I would be happy with a BB and a few extra options but with the $5K price jump from Base then still having to add the rear locker you're up another $795. Plus I really don't like the tires and wheels on the BB so there's another $2,500 or so. Then they get you because now you can step up to the Mid package for $1,495 if you want. So next thing I'm coming in closer to $10K more.

Base SAS makes more sense economically for me even though it's overkill. It will get ma anywhere I'm capable of going and look killer with the SAS package.
Same thought process, jumping up to BB was rear locker and perhaps more access to exterior colors like cactus gray, but not even excited about that now...

Seems BB should be more like $31K vs. $33K range, this kills it for me...

What color you are thinking, I'm in FL so it was white, but black looks good, I don't like metallics as it's impossible to touch up...

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thought process, jumping up to BB was rear locker and perhaps more access to exterior colors like cactus gray, but not even excited about that now...

Seems BB should be more like $31K vs. $33K range, this kills it for me...

What color you are thinking, I'm in FL so it was white, but black looks good, I don't like metallics as it's impossible to touch up...
At first I was thinking of Velocity Blue but recently changed it to white. I'll be using it a lot out here in the desert and the white will hide the desert pin-striping and dust a lot better. I'll tint the windows and add some black accents too. I might have the seats redone with Katzkins but I'll decide on that after I get it.

With the Granger Ford invoice pricing plus $2,000 off October special it will come in right around $34,066. To good of a value for me to step up to BB for a few more options.

This is my build here:

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro....YZ...66C.55G.68B.RET.765.VMD2Z-78501A42-X2.]

Ford Bronco Who is going for a non-Squatch Base? White Bronco SAS

Seant

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was the same thinking process. I was definitely going 2.7 and only other option I wanted was a rear locker.

To get that its a$6k jump to BB or $6k to add Squatch.

I tend to only hold on to cars for 2~3 years so resale is a consideration. Based on the "used value" poll Squatch wins over BB hands down.

(1) When buying a USED Bronco (someday in the future) which features will be most valuable to you? | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
I tend to keep vehicles for a long time,
At first I was thinking of Velocity Blue but recently changed it to white. I'll be using it a lot out here in the desert and the white will hide the desert pin-striping and dust a lot better. I'll tint the windows and add some black accents too. I might have the seats redone with Katzkins but I'll decide on that after I get it.

With the Granger Ford invoice pricing plus $2,000 off October special it will come in right around $34,066. To good of a value for me to step up to BB for a few more options.

This is my build here:

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/summary/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|101A.E5C..YZ...66C.55G.68B.RET.765.VMD2Z-78501A42-X2.]

WTH, you are stealing my build lol...I do like leather steering, any ideas for that...BTW same dealer as you for Oct deal...I am going to get the other bumper

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tend to keep vehicles for a long time,

WTH, you are stealing my build lol...I do like leather steering, any ideas for that...BTW same dealer as you for Oct deal...I am going to get the other bumper
Lol..I think this is a killer build!

I found this on Amazon and it has good reviews. I'll wait and see how the steering wheel is once I get it but for $19.00 I might give this a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/AULLY-PARK-U...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V9QF3X8AZ32CH93RWQHS

Phosvitin

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota matrix and honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

This is my build here:

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro....YZ...66C.55G.68B.RET.765.VMD2Z-78501A42-X2.]

I think you might be off on price, from my understanding 1495 destination isn't included in your deal.

So you should calculate options/1.06 plus 28073 as base invoice price, -2000, add your tax, add 1495 destination, and you should be coming out above 36k.... I would love to be wrong though because If I am I'd definitely throw Squatch on!

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you might be off on price, from my understanding 1495 destination isn't included in your deal.

So you should calculate options/1.06 plus 28073 as base invoice price, -2000, add your tax, add 1495 destination, and you should be coming out above 36k.... I would love to be wrong though because If I am I'd definitely throw Squatch on!
No it's in there. The Granger deal is invoice on both the msrp and the options plus $2,000 off after that.

msrp.....x's .97 to get invoice
options.....x's .94 to get invoice
plus......$1,495
total

then -$2,000 Granger October Special
Plus TTL

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

base model, likely iconic silver, 2.3L w/manual, aux switches. at a minimum I'd like to get a set of 32" tires (I like the look of the General brand tires on the Black Diamond model). maybe get some old school mag wheels, who knows

Ford Bronco Who is going for a non-Squatch Base? 960_white_slotted_baja

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
How good is a 4x4 with open diffs for getting out of snow or driving in sand?
In this situation having good tires is even more important. Traction control in modern vehicles does a semi decent job at using the brakes to act almost like a limited slip differential. But with good tires you'll be pleasantly surprised how capable open diffs can be, just don't get all twisted up and off camber or else you'll be spinning the hanging tire pretty bad.

Source: My Jeep is open diffs without lockers and we get a assload of snow.

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just think the Base is a great value. I think it looks good also, and gives some extra money to personalize.

Since the delay, I may change to it as I have time to mull it over. I am at present set on the BD and mid trim, but honestly, the Base has everything my current JKU sport has, plus a couple of safety features.

I really think its a great rig in and trim, and base is a great vehicle.

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
base model, likely iconic silver, 2.3L w/manual, aux switches. at a minimum I'd like to get a set of 32" tires (I like the look of the General brand tires on the Black Diamond model). maybe get some old school mag wheels, who knows

Ford Bronco Who is going for a non-Squatch Base? 960_white_slotted_baja
I'm also looking at putting 265/75/16 General Grabber ATX (same tire as on BD, just a different size) on a Base once the original tires wear out.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
My order will look like this..
-2 Door Base
-Oxford White
-2.7 Auto
-Aux Switches

Aftermarket/After Delivery..
-Hoping there will be a better/cheaper Sound Deadening Headliner ($495 sounds nuts to me).
-Powder coat the steelies black
-A/T tires in stock size most likely, maybe 32" at most
-Husky floor mats
-Tint
-Tow hitch
Sponsored

Last edited: