First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
So hear me out, this is for the manual bro’s out there. I don’t think ford is going to add manual squatch on lower trims. It’s more money to force us to upgrade trim levels. But the badlands isn’t looking too expensive anymore. Fully loaded base model with squatch and all the bells and whistles ‘minus v6’ is high 42k build. Completely stock badlands comes with manual, upgraded shocks, vinyl seats, headlight upgrade, 4.7 gears with front and rear lockers for 46k. Find a dealer accepting xplan and the price drops to 45k, go with granger October pricing and it drops to 44k. So for only 2k more we can get what we wanted with base-man-squatch plus a little more with seats and light upgrade. So, who’s coming with me!
Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So hear me out, this is for the manual bro’s out there. I don’t think ford is going to add manual squatch on lower trims. It’s more money to force us to upgrade trim levels. But the badlands isn’t looking too expensive anymore. Fully loaded base model with squatch and all the bells and whistles ‘minus v6’ is high 42k build. Completely stock badlands comes with manual, upgraded shocks, vinyl seats, headlight upgrade, 4.7 gears with front and rear lockers for 46k. Find a dealer accepting xplan and the price drops to 45k, go with granger October pricing and it drops to 44k. So for only 2k more we can get what we wanted with base-man-squatch plus a little more with seats and light upgrade. So, who’s coming with me!
I'm deciding between a base/MT/Sasquatch and a Badlands.

Base pros: saves ~15k over the BL, not paying for a bunch of stuff I don't want.
Cons: Can't upgrade to High package, comes with expensive rims and tires I don't like. (I'm not sure how you're reaching 42k on a base build and all those incentives you mentioned would also apply to the Base.)

BL pros: wheels and tires I can live with, can upgrade to high package.
BL cons: costs ~15k more. Comes with things I don't want like the disco. Has vinyl seats - black vinyl seats to boot. (Some of you have never owned a convertible with black seats and it shows.)

Either way I'll probably be doing after market leather so I can get a nice sand or gray color.

I can afford either build, but I really don't like paying for things I don't want. Base/MT/Sassy would give me ~15k to play with on the after market, which I would absolutely not come close to spending.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gman90

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m building 4dr Broncos.
Base squatch
Bumper
Rock rails
Switches
Squatch

Badlands no add ons
Comes with
Headlight upgrade
Bumper
Switches
Vinyl seats
4.7 gears
Upgraded shocks
Front and rear locker
Manual
Not a huge difference, especially once you go with granger October. Plus you get a little more with the seats and light upgrade. Badlands is a great manual squatch alternative. Unless ford announces base-man-squatch is a thing.

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Manual buyer here. Do I want the 4.7 gears and lockers? I do not rock-crawl, but like off-roading occasionally? Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gman90

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think 4.7 gears would be great with a manual, especially going 4cyl turbo. Front and rear lockers are probably overkill, but when you need them you’ll have them. Plus the re-sale value. If I can do base-man-squatch I would, but right now we just don’t know.
Sponsored