Sponsored

Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both?

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OEM tires are sort of a decent snow tire... That is how I use them too. Just went over one of our passes in Oregon and the OEM tires did pretty well in some freezing rain and snow. I will use them in winter only and then step up in quality when they are worn down and I get their use out of them. Many better choices for summer fun.
Immediately purchased the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and had a blast all summer. In time I will get better snow tires too.
Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The BF Goodrich 37s on my Bronco Raptor might have one or two rocks in the treads.

I Had Goodyear tires on a 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro from the factory. Absolute trash tires!
Will never buy Goodyear.

Ford needs to switch from Goodyear to BF Goodrich for Sasquatch package tires!

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There you go. More than half-dozen rock drill-thru's in one trip

The factory Goodyears are pathetic
The commercial-vehicle tire guy I found (I was lucky!) in Wendover, UT, said the GY Territory is an 8-ply tire. "You need 10 or 11," he said. "12 if you can find one."

Thoughts?
Also, thoughts on his advice to air down on high-gravel roads? He definitely knows semis, but I don't know about 4x4s and OHVs.

OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. Mabett because they fit my squatch flares. They do the job. Still hear the rocks bounce and hit the undercarriage but so long as they don’t chip any more paint, I’m good.
The commercial-vehicle tire guy I found (I was lucky!) in Wendover, UT, said the GY Territory is an 8-ply tire. "You need 10 or 11," he said. "12 if you can find one."

Thoughts?
Also, thoughts on his advice to air down on high-gravel roads? He definitely knows semis, but I don't know about 4x4s and OHVs.
Definitely air down this is much easier on tires and it will be much harder to puncture tire. Higher PSI will cause more flats and punctures.

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I already have a set of nittos for the wifes bronco, just waiting on it to get built.(dec 19 build week)

freetors

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man I actually bought these tires for my jeep and honestly I do like them for the most part :unsure: They weren't really my first choice but these tires are legitimately the least expensive name brand "35s" you can buy. Plus the low weight and reasonable noise levels are nice for a vehicle that honestly spends most of the time on pavement.

I really don't have any significant issues with picking up rocks. I mean, yes, they do pick up rocks sometimes, but never anything like the OP's post. I'll usually pick out the bigger ones if I have nothing better to do. Maybe the bodywork on the Jeep is shaped a lot differently but I haven't gotten any paint damage from rich throwing on it.

OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Junk tires . I’ll be changing mine out for a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers if it ever shows up .
Great tires ran them on the FJ and they did great in Utah and Colorado.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One plus side of this is in the Winter, you won't need to stud your tires. You should be thanking Ford for the free additional traction!

All joking aside, I installed the Gatorbak mud flaps on my Bronco. I don't have a gravel driveway, but they've been doing a great job keeping the rocks down on day-to-day driving. And the bottom portion comes off easily for extra clearance while off-roading.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's really insane. I got mudflats ASAP. I also got ones for the back wheels because, with the size of the rocks the tires pick up, I didn't want one to go through someone's windshield on the freeway.
Thank you for not only thinking of yourself. It’s annoying to see people only get front mudflaps when cars behind you can be just as affected by thrown rocks as you.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for not only thinking of yourself. It’s annoying to see people only get front mudflaps when cars behind you can be just as affected by thrown rocks as you.
I agree with this statement, however some folks shouldn't follow so darn close behind you either...

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone explain what makes some tires better at not picking up rocks.and what should Goodyear have done differently? It would seem to me that any tire with grooves would pick up rocks relative to the groove size.

UpNover

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great tires ran them on the FJ and they did great in Utah and Colorado.
I run them on my Jeep and truck, they are great on and off road and last 60k plus miles ..

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone explain what makes some tires better at not picking up rocks.and what should Goodyear have done differently? It would seem to me that any tire with grooves would pick up rocks relative to the groove size.
Nothing, it's just whining. Gravel comes in different sizes so no matter what the spacing of the lugs are someone will be unhappy.
Sponsored