Sponsored

Whoa, Nellie! Avg monthly payment > $700.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's nothing wrong with huge car payments as long as you have the income to make those payments, pay your other bills and invest for your future.. My car payment of $150 a month is less than my cable/internet bill. I decided to finance the difference and save that cash for a kitchen update. I've never liked having a lot of debt. I have lived mortgage-free for the last 20 years.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s mostly inflation. Some value of things have outpaced CPI such as cars and others have outpaced it tremendously such as housing. There’s way more sticker shock in seeing what neighbors are selling their houses for than the growth of average car payments. The average mortgage payment is up massively and that’s spread over a 30 year term….which makes the average car payment breaching 700/mo on a much shorter loan term seem like a drop in the bucket.
Yeah, our neighbors just put their house on the market for an outrageous amount. Bought sight unseen by someone from CA. Everyone on the street is ecstatic.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The exact reason I worked nearly 1500hrs of OT last year. Walked in with a check from the bank.
In a case like that you should have taken the 36 month 0% rate through Ford Motor Credit and left your money in thee bank. This does two things, helps your credit score, and allows you to actually make a little money from the interest you would earn from leaving it in the bank.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The exact reason I worked nearly 1500hrs of OT last year. Walked in with a check from the bank.
Damn man, do you even get a chance to enjoy life? I won’t have 1500 hrs of OT in three lifetimes.

Buckaroo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In a case like that you should have taken the 36 month 0% rate through Ford Motor Credit and left your money in thee bank. This does two things, helps your credit score, and allows you to actually make a little money from the interest you would earn from leaving it in the bank.
What 0% are you talking about? How did you land that?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, our neighbors just put their house on the market for an outrageous amount. Bought sign unseen by someone from CA. Everyone on the street is ecstatic.
Typically in our pocket of NJ it’s open house Sunday, final bids due Tuesday. Best and final black box bid. 10-30 bids, 200-500k over ask. That will probably change when peoples low interest rate rate locks run dry since the increase in rates erases a big piece of that buying power.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Typically in our pocket of NJ it’s open house Sunday, final bids due Tuesday. Best and final black box bid. 10-30 bids, 200-500k over ask. That will probably change when peoples low interest rate rate locks run dry since the increase it rates erases a big piece of that buying power.
Crazy.
My daughter is an ER doc and just moved to Miami. They decided it was better to pay $3000 a month in rent for now than buy in the current market. Crazy. Glad I’m done buying houses and just looking for land on the lake to retire.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Crazy.
My daughter is an ER doc and just moved to Miami. They decided it was better to pay $3000 a month in rent for now than buy in the current market. Crazy. Glad I’m done buying houses and just looking for land on the lake to retire.
It’s true. And pretty insane for certain markets. If we’re in a bubble and people are overpaying a couple or few 100k on a house, that’s years of rent…even at 3-4k/mo in rent. Which is what I’m seeing a lot of 30ish yr olds in NYC doing now instead of making the move out to suburban ownership

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
But what happened to the low dollar sedans that an average American could afford without breaking the bank?
Nissan Versa is the least expensive new vehicle one can buy in the US, starting at $15,380.

Even comes with a stick shift and crank windows at no extra charge.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, our neighbors just put their house on the market for an outrageous amount. Bought sight unseen by someone from CA. Everyone on the street is ecstatic.
Usually, people bitch about Californians moving in to their neighborhood.
Sponsored