Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It was for a long time, but patents do have expiry dates...
Colorado/Canyon twins seem to be the only vehicles in the GM line to offer it - likely because their marketing folks see these as likely to skew towards the "active lifestyle" set that would likely use it the most.

Still wish more people would do what Jag/ Land Rover does with their "activity key" and integrate the proximity key into a waterproof wrist band.
Honestly, i really like the "ugly" keypad vs the new ones on fords. I just think people would lose the wrist band (especially me)

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m adding it. Wrap the proximity key in foil and hide it inside the vehicle, lock it up and go. I feel better about this whenever we do something around water. Canoeing, tubing, swimming at the lake... One less thing to worry about. It may not be the most attractive thing out there, but it isn’t all that bad. I’ve had this on my last 5 vehicles. I would miss it if it wasn’t there.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not getting it but I've read others are so that they can lock their keys in their car. Honestly not sure if this is even possible to do. My vehicle is a 2011 and even back then if it sensed my keys IN the car, it wouldn't lock. A safety feature so that you don't lock your keys in. Saved my hide a few times tbh in these past ten years

It works by you saving a code and then you use the code to enter your car
I have had it on serveral Fords in the past. I had a company Ford and used it everyday. I use it on my wife's Edge at least once a year. It has saved me for needing a locksmith. This one of the few options that is not overpriced. Used once and it pays for itself. It may help with resale as it feels highly optioned.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am because no mid on the base so I want an option that doesn't require me to reach into my pockets. Plus you can never get locked out.
This is 1,000,000 IQ

Sponsored

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've always loved the Ford Keypad on my vehicles. However, finding out this is a stick on has me thinking NO. I can get a keypad later and cheaper. Then stick it on a hidden place if I so choose. I did that with my last Mustang. If it was actually wired in and recessed properly then I would opt for it. Just my 2 cents until I change my mind again. lol.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure is ugly and ugly is bad to me ,if theres a way to hide it yeah ok but not like they have it on the door yuk.
Where is the fuel door on the bronco anyways?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds useless and old school
I remember when I was like 5 years old in 2004 my dads Ford suv would have it
Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? images

Other than the age Of course

Luvbug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion 2010 Mercury Mountaineer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was going to, not get it this time. I have had it on most of my previous vehicles. But it is so useful if you use it. I like to leave my keys and wallet in my vehicle instead of the locker room when working out. Just lock the doors via keypad and no worries. I also tend to lock my vehicle while pumping gas and leave my keys inside. Winter time I would leave car running but lock the doors via keypad. I know now we have the Ford Pass that car do most of these things. However I KNOW keypad is still useful for the price point.

Sponsored

KN-CT

Base
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XK, Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had it on several Ford and Lincoln vehicles and found it to be a very useful option. Drop the keys in the car, lock it up and go. I do agree with others who feel that it looks like an afterthought, but the benefits outweigh the aesthetics for me.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is by far the best and smartest feature that any car company has ever made. Yes I sad it.
But it’s only for a type of person, and I guess I happen to be that type. I’ve had it on bunch of vehicles over the years.
So I going to jump in the river with a Jetski I can lock my keys and phone in the car and not worry about it. Or if I’m going snowboarding and don’t want to have my keys and phone in my pockets to break or stab me I can lock them in the car. Or you drop it at shop you tell them toss the keys in it and hit the 2 buttons to lock and I’ll pick the car up anytime I want.
This is a priceless option

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...well, you can at least get it on the Chevy Colorado.

Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? images
Ford's patent must have run out in that case. For a long time, you couldn't get it on anything but a Ford.
I stand corrected...

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will but you need cell service. If you're up in the mountains hiking it might be spotty or if your phone dies your sol.
do you have a Ford and Ford pass?
I don’t but I asked the dealer and they were saying that you only need gps satellite to use Ford pass to unlock the car. ??? Is this true?
Sponsored