Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Would have come in handy to me about 6 years ago.

*phone rings at work*
Me: Hey, what's up?
Wife: I LOCKED <2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER> AND MY KEYS IN THE CAR AND I NEED YOU TO COME LET ME IN.

Kids are old enough to let themselves out now, would have been worth the $110 back then...
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have it on my F150 and in 3yrs have never used it. If I take my fob with me when the truck is running and my dog is in the cab, even if someone enters my truck, they can NOT put it into gear, so not quite sure what the point is of the keypad.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would have come in handy to me about 6 years ago.

*phone rings at work*
Me: Hey, what's up?
Wife: I LOCKED <2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER> AND MY KEYS IN THE CAR AND I NEED YOU TO COME LET ME IN.

Kids are old enough to let themselves out now, would have been worth the $110 back then...
That's where the Ford Pass or Jeep Uconnect come in handy. I can remotely lock/unlock, remote start, check its location, etc. from anywhere that I have cell or wifi service.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'd think by now they'd have it integrated into the door or B pillar? Personally I think they're ugly AF and look cheap! But if the Bronco has a fuel door like the Ranger you can stick it on the inside of that. Here's one on the Ranger mounted inside the fuel door.

Keypad:Fuel Door.jpg
I'm good with that... curious if we order it on the Bronco if we can request to have it installed there...

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That's where the Ford Pass or Jeep Uconnect come in handy. I can remotely lock/unlock, remote start, check its location, etc. from anywhere that I have cell or wifi service.
Yeah, seems like a way better option, as long as you have a device with you.

Sponsored

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So these keypads just stick on anywhere with an adhesive? Might change my mind about them.

aren’t gas doors usually locked too?

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm good with that... curious if we order it on the Bronco if we can request to have it installed there...
You can buy it with your FordPass Points and have it installed at the dealer after purchase. This way you can have it installed where you want. IIRC the factory one gets installed here.

Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? Keypad

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's actually a good point. I agree the Bronco buttons don't look good. With this idea, I may bypass adding it now too.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m planning on adding it, but need to see how they implement it. With current vehicles, it’s usually on the door above the handle or in the b-pillar. My expedition has it in the b-pillar and you don’t even see it because they’re electrostatic buttons under the plastic that light up when you touch there. I don’t think Ford will put it on the door since the door is removable, but we’ve seen one pre-production unit with it on the door and looking really cheap and out of place so I’m sure that wasn’t the final design.

They’re a 5 digit combination code. Real handy if you need to lock up the vehicle and leave your keys and phone behind.
It will be on the door. The frameless windows will cover the b pillar. I like it in my super duty for when I’m camping and don’t have my keys on me to grab stuff out of my truck. With intelligent access and push button start you cannot lock the vehicle with the key inside.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven’t owned a vehicle with this but know multiple people that have and most of them seem to love it. Forget something in your truck but don’t want to run back in the house to get the keys? Type in the code. Go to the beach/waterpark/jog at local park and don’t want to carry keys with you(or phones/etc), use the keypad.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can buy it with your FordPass Points and have it installed at the dealer after purchase. This way you can have it installed where you want. IIRC the factory one gets installed here.

Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? Key Vault
?

I don't want that.

I'll probably just go with the phone app but if it's free or cheap because of "FordPass Points", I'll consider it if I can get it installed behind the fuel door.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure why though. Ive owned boats and even standup paddleboards many of years and always took my keys with me when around water, if I leave the vehicle running to run into a store, I always grab my phone just like I grab my wallet at the same time and I use my phone for emergency communication or gps maps when off the grid and remote, so I can't really find a reason that I would lock my phone in my vehicle, let alone my keys. In my wife's grand cherokee, it wont even let you lock your keys in the car even if you try.

The fob is tiny and can be tucked away in someone's pocket or backpack very easy.
Sponsored