Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It sounds useless and old school
I remember when I was like 5 years old in 2004 my dads Ford suv would have it
You sound like someone who has never parked on the beach and hit the surf..?
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, sometimes we need to lock phone, etc.. in the car. I’m in the mountains a lot where there is no service anyway.
And yet even without service I still use my phone for gps, gaia maps when in the backcountry. So Im still having a hard time figuring out what people are doing to lock both their phone or keys in the vehicle. What happens if you have to flee to safety or scramble to find help down some mountain, wouldn't it be nice to have your phone just in case? I carry a garmin inreach device but still.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Count yourselves fortunate that rely on it to work. Good for you. But besides it looking like it was manufactured 20 years ago and it is held on by a gooey, sticky, Tootsie roll, there is a known issue with the battery.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree it's a pos design and looks like an afterthought. I have no need for one but if I was getting one the only place I'd put it is inside the fuel door.
Several items on these Bronco were afterthoughts, including on the $60k Broncos.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We go kayaking and it would be nice to leave my keys in the Bronco. That way on the off chance I loose the keys on the water we won't be screwed. $100 for that peace of mind is an easy trade off.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly my thinking as well, but I didn’t realize there was an aftermarket option that could be placed in the fuel door. That’s awesome! Probably go that route.
with the weird no cap gas cap thingy going on back there would there still be room for the number pad?

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happens if the keypad battery dies and you locked the keys in the car?

eyrk

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not getting it but I've read others are so that they can lock their keys in their car. Honestly not sure if this is even possible to do. My vehicle is a 2011 and even back then if it sensed my keys IN the car, it wouldn't lock. A safety feature so that you don't lock your keys in. Saved my hide a few times tbh in these past ten years

It works by you saving a code and then you use the code to enter your car
I use this almost everyday on my 2016 f150. For me and my line of work it's a must have.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will have it without a doubt. I have had nothing but Fords since the early 90's and have had the keypad on three Raptors, a fusion and Ranger. I often travel to areas for boating/hiking/biking etc where cell coverage is spotty (at best) and prefer leaving my keys in my inside the vehicle - and this allows for that, as well as leaving the phone in the vehicle as well. I think the fuel door option is excellent, and like the way it is sort of invisible on the Fusion, but - regardless of where they install it - I will have it.

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m planning on adding it, but need to see how they implement it. With current vehicles, it’s usually on the door above the handle or in the b-pillar. My expedition has it in the b-pillar and you don’t even see it because they’re electrostatic buttons under the plastic that light up when you touch there. I don’t think Ford will put it on the door since the door is removable, but we’ve seen one pre-production unit with it on the door and looking really cheap and out of place so I’m sure that wasn’t the final design.

They’re a 5 digit combination code. Real handy if you need to lock up the vehicle and leave your keys and phone behind.
6 Dig Code - BTW

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's where the Ford Pass or Jeep Uconnect come in handy. I can remotely lock/unlock, remote start, check its location, etc. from anywhere that I have cell or wifi service.
Exactly - anywhere you have cell service or wifi . . .

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It will be on the door. The frameless windows will cover the b pillar. I like it in my super duty for when I’m camping and don’t have my keys on me to grab stuff out of my truck. With intelligent access and push button start you cannot lock the vehicle with the key inside.
You can lock the keys inside by pushing the bottom two buttons on the keypad at the same time. I do it all the time on my 150 Raptor - works great.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had it on my F-150 and never used it.