Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There were two situations this summer I wished I had something like this: on a river float and when I took my first dirtbike out for the first time only to realize dirtbike pants don't have pockets and I had nowhere to put my Durango keys. :mad:

I always questioned the usefulness of a combo lock on a car door, but now I understand.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like I said I have it on my F150 and don't use and I go off the grid more than most people do and have never once thought about locking my phone or keys in my truck in the middle of BFE.

You guys that are so dead set on getting one, and against being tethered to your phone, are you also getting the lux package too for the universal door opener so you don't have a giant garage door opener just hanging on your topless bronco's visor?
That works for you, but different people do things differently. I havenā€™t been real off grid camping in a couple years, but used to go multiple times a year going back since I was like 8. Done 50mile a day hikes, camped next to waterfalls and in caves, all that fun stuff. Only in the last few years did I even bring my phone at all, and rarely used it. You may never have thought about leaving your phone, but I never felt like I needed to bring it.

But also doesnā€™t take being off grid and outta service for me to not want/need phone or keys around. Done many a beach trip, and I tend to not bring anything to the beach if I can, sometimes donā€™t even bother with a towel, just dry off in the sun, so literally not having a thing on me but a swimsuit. If Iā€™m in a hotel I might have the keycard and a few bucks for lunch but thatā€™s bout it, and if I had this I could stash the keycard and lunch money in the vehicle without needing the keys. Iā€™ve also gone for runs/bike rides at local parks and some of my running/biking shorts either donā€™t have pockets at all or the pockets are useless as keys/phones fall right out. Iā€™ve resorted more than once to hiding keys on the vehicle to avoid carrying them with phone locked in the vehicle. Iā€™ve also had my dad swap vehicles with me(or me swap with him) while at work or school, if he canā€™t get to me to give me the keys or get mine then we just end up tucking the keys somewhere outside the vehicle to swap.

So while I wouldnā€™t call it a necessity at all, and I could manage just fine without it(as I have since no vehicle Iā€™ve owned has had this) I could def see the benefit of it in a lot of scenarios. But of course that doesnā€™t make it so useful to everybody.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That works for you, but different people do things differently. I havenā€™t been real off grid camping in a couple years, but used to go multiple times a year going back since I was like 8. Done 50mile a day hikes, camped next to waterfalls and in caves, all that fun stuff. Only in the last few years did I even bring my phone at all, and rarely used it. You may never have thought about leaving your phone, but I never felt like I needed to bring it.

But also doesnā€™t take being off grid and outta service for me to not want/need phone or keys around. Done many a beach trip, and I tend to not bring anything to the beach if I can, sometimes donā€™t even bother with a towel, just dry off in the sun, so literally not having a thing on me but a swimsuit. If Iā€™m in a hotel I might have the keycard and a few bucks for lunch but thatā€™s bout it, and if I had this I could stash the keycard and lunch money in the vehicle without needing the keys. Iā€™ve also gone for runs/bike rides at local parks and some of my running/biking shorts either donā€™t have pockets at all or the pockets are useless as keys/phones fall right out. Iā€™ve resorted more than once to hiding keys on the vehicle to avoid carrying them with phone locked in the vehicle. Iā€™ve also had my dad swap vehicles with me(or me swap with him) while at work or school, if he canā€™t get to me to give me the keys or get mine then we just end up tucking the keys somewhere outside the vehicle to swap.

So while I wouldnā€™t call it a necessity at all, and I could manage just fine without it(as I have since no vehicle Iā€™ve owned has had this) I could def see the benefit of it in a lot of scenarios. But of course that doesnā€™t make it so useful to everybody.
Completely understand. I don't use my phone to unlock my truck but always have it if away from the house and when in remote areas with no service I have my garmin explorer+ with me for emergencies. And my soft top wrangler I don't even lock the doors (something soft top broncos will want to consider).

No different than some people wanting a heated steering wheel, hard top, etc. and others finding no use for these items.

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only good thing Iā€™m seeing here is if itā€™s stick on it can go in the fuel fill door

Sponsored

ON3BadBronco

Badlands
First Name
Arin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We use these key pads on our ambulances at work they are horrible and stop working. As they are a double side tape on battery powered unit that they said once the battery is done u need to replace with a new pad. I advise u all not to wast ur money. I have over 100 ambulances with this unit on them and they work last about 1 to 1 and half years max. Just my 2 cents for anyone who hasn't used one.

SoLo

First Edition
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We have had it on the last 3 Vehicles and use it all the time, especially when you don't want to carry your keys with you or want to leave the truck running while you run in the store. It is a great convenience item to have.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Completely understand. I don't use my phone to unlock my truck but always have it if away from the house and when in remote areas with no service I have my garmin explorer+ with me for emergencies. And my soft top wrangler I don't even lock the doors (something soft top broncos will want to consider).

No different than some people wanting a heated steering wheel, hard top, etc. and others finding no use for these items.
Yep, the whole different strokes for different folks kinda thing. So I can see the benefit easier for this cause itā€™s something I would likely use. Course Iā€™d be a lil wary of the phone app opening too. Havenā€™t used fords, but had the onstar app when I bought my first Camaro(2012). Had the lock/unlock on the app(no remote start cause manual trans). It worked and was a neat gimmick, but sometimes would take awhile to actually unlock, could be standing next to the vehicle and hit it on the app and take 2-3mins or more to actually unlock. Other times it was pretty instant. And if service was real spotty couldnā€™t even get the app to connect to use. Oh and it wouldnā€™t work when parked at the bottom of the parking deck at my work cause onstar couldnā€™t reach the vehicle through all that concrete(no cell reception to the vehicle). Course I mostly just used it for fun, but it did prove useful in a few rare instances, once unlocked my car from another state so my dad could get in(he accidentally left his work ID badge in it couple days before). But had to pay for onstar for it to work and after the free year trial I didnā€™t so never used it again. Haha.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol, my grandad has the keypads on his Lincolnā€™s. Heā€™s a smart guy and I usually follow his lead, but no buttons for my Bronco doors.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use mine to lock my doors alot when other people leave it unlocked and I obsessively check when I walk outside at night and if I'm by my truck and want something out, I just use the buttons instead of walking inside to get my keys. Laziness is the mother of all invention...

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gonna put it on the driver side fender so I can use it when the doors are off.

(guessing 14 pages in this joke has been done)

CFD288

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoā€™s adding this to their build and why

How r they used anyways

25DC5BA7-086C-4432-9713-03CE1C777BBD.jpeg
The Bronco has "intelligent access" with mid package. Doesnt this option mean you can leave the key in your pocket and grab the door handle and it will unlock/lock. Would be good for people not getting mid package

Screenshot_20201110-211747_Photos.jpg

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco has "intelligent access" with mid package. Doesnt this option mean you can leave the key in your pocket and grab the door handle and it will unlock/lock. Would be good for people not getting mid package

Screenshot_20201110-211747_Photos.jpg
Yes it does I have it on my Ranger (push start too) and yes it's great not to have to ever take your keys out of your pocket. The point is if you don't want this huge boat anchor of a fob in your pocket when you're hiking, boating or whatever you can just use the keypad to access your vehicle.

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use the keypad all the time. I wouldn't want a vehicle without it. Even one with such a fugly application as what we are seeing here. I will start the truck in the winter lock the doors and go back inside to finish my coffee... or have it at the lake and lock the keys/phone inside so everything stays away from the water. And no cell service once we leave the bigger cities in Idaho... and even while in some of them haha.
Sponsored