Sponsored

Why are Jeepers so rude to everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The bronco is way better than the wrangler in every aspect, except rock crawling. You just can’t get the articulation with IFS like a solid front axle. With that being said the solid front axle completely ruins wranglers for me. You have to dump thousands of dollars into it to hope it goes straight down the road. My bronco has to constantly remind me to keep my hands on the wheel. I never really have to move it to go straight down the road. The jeep guys are set in their ways. Their slogan is yes sir, may I have another.
Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our IH Scout Club attended one of the big off-road events -20 years ago. Signed up for a medium/hard run, we had five Scout II's, and Toyota, and one member brought his 3rd Gen Bronco. Everyone else was driving Jeeps including the run leader who had tons of money into his, you know the type bought not built.

Prior to the run the leader had to inspect all the vehicles and authorize participation. He gave the Scout guys a hard time about how old our vehicles were, and how he was surprised they still ran. When the leader got to the Bronco he said what's this, it will never make it where we're going. It's too heavy and wide and we'll spend all day pulling it out. We had to tell him that we would stay with him if he got stuck- he'd be our responsibility.

We ended up at the back of the group, about 20 - 25 vehicles in total. About 10 minutes into the run everyone stopped to air down and engage 4 Wheel drive. Our group had always waited until we reached an obstacle where we needed 4 wheel drive before engaging, the chicken always started with the first to engage ;) The lead walked by and asked if we were locked up, somebody replied we didn't see the need.

First actual off roading occurred about 15 minutes later, big sugar sand bowl we had to traverse to reach a sandstone bluff with a pretty steep climb. The location ended up being a pretty good observation spot, the group curved around the lower section of the bowl with the lead above us, but parallel headed the other direction. We all watched as the lead made it about 100 yards and sunk to his frame. Second Jeep made it about halfway to the lead and started to bounce, then dug and started spinning tires. Lead called on the radio for a pull and another Jeep went to his aid, they too made it about halfway and promptly got stuck.

By this time most everyone was out of their vehicles watching the mayhem. Our buddy with the Bronco said watch this, jumped in his Bronco and headed up the line. He dropped into the bowl and drove past the first two jeeps and up beside the lead. Stopped up hill and asked the lead if he needed a tow on the radio. We couldn't hear the reply he received, but our buddy drove a full circle and a half around the jeep throwing rooster tails of sand, stopped in front of his Jeep, backed up to within 5' and tossed him a strap. He slowly took up slack and started to pull, then we heard him over the radio asking the lead "do you think I need 4 wheel drive?". Our buddy got the lead out in one smooth pull, then the other two Jeeps, but the leads Jeep was covered with sand at the end of the pull.

The information the lead never asked could have saved a lot of embarrassment, the Bronco was running a 460 built for high revs, was mostly tube and the driver was a Trophy Truck mechanic and driver. The Bronco was, well it looked like a complete POS, but was built to run support for the Trophy Trucks -rusty, ugly, and fantastic!

Our group spent most of the day in 2 wheel drive, the Lead never spoke to us again.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The wife talks about how bad Bronco owners are almost every time we ride together. It could be because I tease her that I'm going to wave to another Bronco. She will say "they never wave back". That's not true of course, at least three out of a hundred wave back. :)

She reads Bronco groups and has read the hate talk about jeeps and the Sport. It's a bad look for Ford and the Bronco.

When we had a JK a few years ago the Jeep people were super nice and friendly, and of course waved 99% of the time.

We had a Bronco Sport for almost a year before we traded it for a Bronco Badlands and the Sport drivers were friendly and wave and smile.

I think the negativity or lack of engagement will hurt the Bronco going forward. IMHO, part of what keeps people buying Jeeps is the community aspect and belonging to a happy and carefree group of people. Not just because it looks cool or has the latest gadgets.

If we want to keep our resale values up long term we need to offer more than just "it's a Bronco" . Having a solid community that appeals to people and makes them want to belong has value. It's worked for Jeep for a long time.

Last edited:

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
True story.....Jeep driver gave me the finger as we passed each other. Completely unprovoked.
Reminds me of youth 40 years ago. Chevy guys would laugh and point at my ford, and give me the finger. But none of that was serious back then. They weren't really mad until I took their money. :)

Sponsored

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First time I took my non sas BD out with the local off road recovery group it got lots of side looks and there was whispering and laughing about it. When I managed to pull the completely dead jeep out of the sand (with help from another jeep) then tow it 5 miles down the riverbed solo to get back to the road they all stopped laughing. Then looks of shock when they found out it was a 4 banger with manual transmission.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, Wranglers were the only kid on the block for decades. The new kid is often shunned. Also, the Wrangler community in general has this thing about waving to each other as they pass each other on the road and this recent thing of leaving little rubber ducks on the hoods or mirrors of other Wranglers. I think more than a few (certainly not all) see Broncos and their owners as interlopers into their community and a threat to their exclusivity.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our best friends (2 couples our age) that we wheel and camp with have had Jeeps for a couple years (we did for a short period also) and they have quit going to Jeep functions because of the general arrogance of many of the group. We’re thinking about starting a local all-inclusive 4wd type club and calling it Hill Country Overlanders or something similar. Clubs can be fun.
IMG_0217.png
Where this be at?!?
I'm in Canyon Lake.

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its death wobble. I was a rude Jeeper for many years. One finger steering changed my life.

I acknowledge that my preferred transportation vessel with a windshield and heat really only requires 4WD and 2 doors, so the bar isn’t really that high. One finger steering has made me a constant ray of sunshine and happiness. I do kind of miss the Jeep waive but occasionally I’ll catch one off guard…lol

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its death wobble. I was a rude Jeeper for many years. One finger steering changed my life.

I acknowledge that my preferred transportation vessel with a windshield and heat really only requires 4WD and 2 doors, so the bar isn’t really that high. One finger steering has made me a constant ray of sunshine and happiness. I do kind of miss the Jeep waive but occasionally I’ll catch one off guard…lol
Hyuk!

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
A lot of people are just emotionally fragile these days. They get their self-worth from what they drive, how expensive their house is, what model phone they have, etc.

When you decide to drive something that "challenges" their egos, they get triggered and lash out like toddlers.

Can't remember the movie it was in, but this quote sums it up the best... "People don't mature anymore, they stay jackasses all their lives".

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I swear they are so uptight when it comes to anything other than Jeeps both online and in the parking lot. But on the trails they dry hump the broncos like they are looking at the space shuttle. They are so short sided and rude when I pull up to a primairly jeep gathering. Or god forbid you comment anything bronco in their forum or FB groups.

I dont see that here at all really. Bronco people seem to want to get along and fit in. Rather then exclude and deflect. Its funny reading their (jeeper) threads when the bronco is mentioned. Then they start throwing around hot button words like "dana axles" and "lockers" like nobody has lockers. LOL. What is their problem? Could it really be just jealousy?? I happen to have both a 24 Wrangler JLU and also a 23 Bronco and really dislike hanging with the jeep crowd. Only thing that sucks is they outnumber us 5:1 easily and they always have something going on. And of course broncos arent allowed... Quite irritating.

And for the record I also still quite like driving the Bronco over my JLU. Both off and on-road.
lol its a jeep thing ...their not all good boys and hippies anymore their clucks

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my first Jeep 2 years ago, a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Is a VERY capable off-roader, it stunned me with how it drove the first time I drove in the woods. It’s also as refined as a hammer. Then I bought a Badlands back in August. The Badlands definitely comes across as an updated version of the LJR.

Anyway, drive what you’ve got and enjoy it!!
@RallyGorgo Your garage and mine have a lot in common. I also have an ‘06 Unlimited Rubicon (6M) and an Area 51 2Dr Badlands. I consistently get more positive comments about the Jeep than the Bronco. I don’t care though, I drive and enjoy them both, and am grateful to own two amazing vehicles.
“Refined as a hammer” 😂🤣
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.