Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
Ford Bronco Why do Bronco owners drive so slow? Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 1.52.14 PM
Ford Bronco Why do Bronco owners drive so slow? Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 1.52.38 PM

Because the moment we go faster, some idiot crosses an intersection without looking and totals what we waited 2.5 years for
Sponsored

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why do Bronco owners drive so slow? Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 1.52.38 PM

Because the moment we go faster, some idiot crosses an intersection without looking and totals what we waited 2.5 years for
Like a code orange Brapter is hard to see! Sorry about that!

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OP
OP

OVRLNDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All of the "if I want to drive fast, I drive my Porsche 911" comments are laughable and pretentious as if driving 65-75 in a Bronco is an act of lunacy. Might not make sense to those of you that have the benefit of navigating free-flowing highways and country roads, but that's definitely not California, especially Los Angeles County.

In California, I would guess that the average speed on the freeway is around 70, and that's a conservative guess. Any slower, you're impeding the flow of traffic, you're an obstacle on the road, and you have frustrated drivers riding your bumper until they can get around you, which is nerve-racking. Any faster, you might be just ahead of the flow.

Last time I checked, California is the most populous state in the Country, has more vehicles than any state in the Country, and Los Angeles is ranked 5 or 6 in terms of worst traffic in the Country. Allowing yourself to be swallowed into gridlock by puttering along below the flow of traffic increases the chances of being hit by distracted drivers, drunk drivers, etc., and to do that deliberately under the guise of enjoying your Bronco makes little sense, but to each his own.

For me, the safest thing to do out here is safely navigate through traffic, and get ahead of it. More often than not, Highway Patrol won't bother you unless you're clocked at more than 80. Personally, I have never been ticketed for speeding.

The comments about big wheels, small brakes, weight, aerodynamics and gas mileage makes me wonder how some of you ended up with a Bronco. The brakes are perfectly fine, the weight is proportionate to the vehicles size, the lack of aerodynamics is indicative of an off-road vehicle, and maybe it's just me, but anyone that claims to be enjoying the ride while simultaneously trying to nurse better mileage out of it doesn't sound like they're actually enjoying their Bronco.

Between the honest answers (I'm old), funny answers (afraid to break a tie rod), and pretentious answers (my other car is a Ferrari), I guess I understand why some of you are out there puttering down the road in California.

Whatever the case is, always happy to see Bronco's out there. IMO, one of the best looking vehicles on the road right now.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No matter what it is, Im prepared to see them before they get me
Oh agreed, but between May and August you don't need lights here. Gotta love the land of the midnight sun.....except it's dark all the time right now 😒 (5ish hours of daylight now).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For me, the safest thing to do out here is safely navigate through traffic, and get ahead of it. More often than not, Highway Patrol won't bother you unless you're clocked at more than 80. Personally, I have never been ticketed for speeding.

jail-right-to-jail.gif

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of the "if I want to drive fast, I drive my Porsche 911" comments are laughable and pretentious as if driving 65-75 in a Bronco is an act of lunacy. Might not make sense to those of you that have the benefit of navigating free-flowing highways and country roads, but that's definitely not California, especially Los Angeles County.

In California, I would guess that the average speed on the freeway is around 70, and that's a conservative guess. Any slower, you're impeding the flow of traffic, you're an obstacle on the road, and you have frustrated drivers riding your bumper until they can get around you, which is nerve-racking. Any faster, you might be just ahead of the flow.

Last time I checked, California is the most populous state in the Country, has more vehicles than any state in the Country, and Los Angeles is ranked 5 or 6 in terms of worst traffic in the Country. Allowing yourself to be swallowed into gridlock by puttering along below the flow of traffic increases the chances of being hit by distracted drivers, drunk drivers, etc., and to do that deliberately under the guise of enjoying your Bronco makes little sense, but to each his own.

The comments about big wheels, small brakes, weight, aerodynamics and gas mileage makes me wonder how some of you ended up with a Bronco. The brakes are perfectly fine, the weight is proportionate to the vehicles size, the lack of aerodynamics is indicative of an off-road vehicle, and maybe it's just me, but anyone that claims to be enjoying the ride while simultaneously trying to nurse better mileage out of it doesn't sound like they're actually enjoying their Bronco.

Between the honest answers (I'm old), funny answers (afraid to break a tie rod), and pretentious answers (my other car is a Ferrari), I guess I understand why some of you are out there puttering down the road in California.

Whatever the case is, always happy to see Bronco's out there. IMO, one of the best looking vehicles on the road right now.

My Bronco is comfortable at 80, probably could be comfortable at 100 with gearing

These aren't the 60s, 70s and 80s anymore, modern cars are built to drive fast and handle speed. Not saying let's go drifting on tracks, but you could set and forget the cruise control at say 95 if everything permits and be none the worse for wear, even 101.

Also, hot take, 2dr is the only real bronco, everything else is a Flex

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always have my 2 Huskies in the car with me. They're precious cargo and more important than humans.
I hope this was worded incorrectly, because otherwise it’s quite disturbing.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:unsure:

Germany's fatal car accident rate is among the lowest in Europe and is more than three times as low as the rate in the United States

A Statistical fact.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why do Bronco owners drive so slow? jail-right-to-jail
Ford Bronco Why do Bronco owners drive so slow? jail-right-to-jail

Damn. Sorry that happened. As Motorcyclist we are taught the most dangerous place on the road are intersections.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Going with the flow of traffic is safest.

"Do you know what they call a CHP officer in traffic?"

"A pace car. Because they will cruise at 8-10 over the posted speed and not pull anyone over who is not: Changing lanes to pass others or passing them. A pace car, because when they exit the hwy everyone speeds up."

This keeps traffic moving along and they are good with that. I have two family members that are CHP officers and they have confirmed as much and every CA driver has seen it. They know that everyone moving at similar speed is OK and if it clears a few thousand cars before things get tight, then so be it.

On I-5 in the middle of nowhere 70 MPH posted and I'm following the CHP at 80, he's looking for the cars going 90+.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
Maybe because they are trying to save the planet? After all were talking about Cali -- its amazing Broncos are still legal out there.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going with the flow of traffic is safest.

"Do you know what they call a CHP officer in traffic?"

"A pace car. Because they will cruise at 8-10 over the posted speed and not pull anyone over who is not: Changing lanes to pass others or passing them. A pace car, because when they exit the hwy everyone speeds up."

This keeps traffic moving along and they are good with that. I have two family members that are CHP officers and they have confirmed as much and every CA driver has seen it. They know that everyone moving at similar speed is OK and if it clears a few thousand cars before things get tight, then so be it.

On I-5 in the middle of nowhere 70 MPH posted and I'm following the CHP at 80, he's looking for the cars going 90+.
Enforcement has been cut way back with the defund the police movement, and as a result traffic fatalities are way up. That said 10 over has always been fairly safe, but if they want to pull you over it gives them probable cause. Its amazing how drug dealers and the like always speed, have illegal tinted windows, basically begging to be pulled over. Not too smart.
Sponsored