First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Cue me doing 20 over in 8" of snow this morning šŸ¤­

It's the same reason there's so many pavement princesses....because a lot of them were bought by people who can't drive just so they could have the latest trendy item to post on tiktok or sit in the school pick-up line.

Last edited:
OP
OP

OVRLNDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Queue me doing 20 over in 8" of snow this morning šŸ¤­

It's the same reason there's so many pavement princesses....because a lot of them were bought by people who can't drive just so they could have the latest trendy item to post on tiktok or sit in the school pick-up line.
You'd think it was snowing out here in Cali the way these guys are driving. The weather has been in the high 60's and low 70's since summer ended, but you'd never know it.

Rare to even see a Bronco with the windows down. Owners are always sealed up inside while I'm zooming around with the 2 front panels off and stowed in the back.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm used to a 30 year old 4Runner, so this thing is a rocket ship. "Don't do 5 over in the left lane, some of us want to speed for real."

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol. Funny you should ask. I have noticed I drive considerably slower in my Bronco. Iā€™ve always been a bit of a lead foot. Always in a hurry to get somewhere. Iā€™ve got a pile of speeding tickets over the years to prove it. But either Iā€™ve crossed some invisible line into old age, or thereā€™s just something pleasant about putting along in my Bronco. Itā€™s kind of my happy place, and when I drive it, I donā€™t really care to hurry. That and my gas mileage is notably improved if I stay at or a little above the speed limit.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im an older dude.

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
Its usually jeeps that are laid back cigarettes (if you catch my drift).

Im a speed devil, got no patience for slowmoā€™s, and since I got my Morimoto headlights, everyone just gets outta my way to begin with.

they really need to teach people to drive, no one knows how to anymore, like theyre gonna die if they actually accelerate instead of coast

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe we just enjoy our vehicles more and like to maximize our time in them? Maybe weā€™re driving a non-aerodynamic box arenā€™t under any misnomer the vehicle wasnā€™t really meant for speed? Maybe the Bronco just drives better at certain speeds?

Personally, I donā€™t really see a need to drive an off road vehicle like itā€™s a compact car, but Iā€™m also good with my time and donā€™t need to rush to get anywhere. Plus, a cyber orange 2DR really stands out.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fuel economy, I live in SoCal and came from a Tacoma and drove it in the fast lane all the time, lost maybe one MPG, the Bronco's MPG drops quickly the faster you go, it's a brick. Above 72ish it starts to drop fast. I'm always deciding on if I want to go 80 and get 14.6 MPG or so or go slower and get higher mileage.

On the trip to Moab, 80MPH posted speed limit in Utah, do I want to spend another 2 hours to drive 800 miles? Or, another tank of gas to save two hours on a 10 hours drive v. 12 hours AND then get stuck in Sunday afternoon traffic coming home from Las Vegas? Which could add another 2 hours, worst if there's an accident... and there's always an accident.

I chose to spend more and get home earlier.

I recently drove for the weekend to the Bay Area, and the fuel savings paid for a rental car. The rental car, a Camry, got almost twice the MPG at 85+ MPH (edit) and I put almost a thousand miles on the rental.

Last edited:

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
every car driver thinks they are a good driver.

I dont trust any car drivers, they are all trash going slow or fast.
Sponsored