First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree to an extent, but leaving the Sasquatch in and taking the Mid out, the jump from Base to Big Bend is now $5k for fog lamps, window tint, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. That‘s not exactly stripping all the features out just to advertise a certain price point. And if the wheel/tire combo on the Big Bend (and each subsequent trim) are expensive enough to justify the jump in price between trims, why no consideration of that when calculating the Sasquatch Package Price for the Base model? I guess my real problem here is not with the Mid, it’s with the $4,885 price jump from the Base to the Big Bend—and the fact that the Mid is not available on Base.
Yeah, but Ford's plan is that they really don't want you to actually buy the base

They price it low to let them advertise a low price, then make it miserable enough that they know you'll end up buying a more expensive version

Advertising Sasquatch availability on base gets people excited that they can get a cool looking truck for 30, but then they see the compromises and end up getting upsold to a 40k truck or more

They're actively trying to discourage buying base, I wouldn't be shocked if ford lost a small amount or made just a miniscule profit on base.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The md package is a relatively low cost, if the difference between being able to afford a bronco is made or broken by $1500 then you're really on the knife edge of being in your budget anyways.

At that point, have we accounted for insurance and gas cost, both will be higher on bronco vs most other vehicles

You certainly do have to draw a line somewhere though, I get that
I also think loading up a bronco is a poor value in the marketplace
I get what your saying and $1500 shouldn’t make or break your budget but when your deciding between other $3500 plus packages ans trying to stay under a certain price point every dollar counts. For me the mid package has nothing I really need or for that matter want so I will opt to use my budgeted dollars elsewhere..

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, but Ford's plan is that they really don't want you to actually buy the base

They price it low to let them advertise a low price, then make it miserable enough that they know you'll end up buying a more expensive version

Advertising Sasquatch availability on base gets people excited that they can get a cool looking truck for 30, but then they see the compromises and end up getting upsold to a 40k truck or more

They're actively trying to discourage buying base, I wouldn't be shocked if ford lost a small amount or made just a miniscule profit on base.
This has morphed into more of a conversation about trim level than the Mid Package and that wasn’t my intention. I see value in the Mid Package...in the Black Diamond trim. For me personally, I don’t see $5k value from Base to Big Bend just to get the Mid Package, so if I was dead-set on the Mid Package, I’d jump over the Big Bend right into the Black Diamond.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This has morphed into more of a conversation about trim level than the Mid Package and that wasn’t my intention. I see value in the Mid Package...in the Black Diamond trim. For me personally, I don’t see $5k value from Base to Big Bend just to get the Mid Package, so if I was dead-set on the Mid Package, I’d jump over the Big Bend right into the Black Diamond.
To counter that point you have to take into consideration the buyer like me. The extra off road features of the black diamond I wouldnt use or have a need for so Big Bend is essentially the perfect trim for me.

Trailrunner

Black Diamond
First Name
Aga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus gx 460, mazda cx5, rc350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the base had the ford pilot 360 as standard package in the website and that the available package is the sasquatch.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
The BB is a $1,500 trim in Canada (or $1,200 US). Ford has a real margin on a 30K Bronco. Not sure why people think a Base Bronco would be so expensive to produce - look at what $30k buys in other vehicles.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To counter that point you have to take into consideration the buyer like me. The extra off road features of the black diamond I wouldnt use or have a need for so Big Bend is essentially the perfect trim for me.
Same. Big Bend + mid essentially makes it the daily driver I want.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one who reeeally hates the auto-dim rearviews? To hell with those things, man.
I just keep my rearview in the dim position anyway. You can see absolutely fine out of it during the day.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Base-2.7-squatch=$38500
Big Bend-2.3 Automatic-locker-mid= $38500
Black Diamond-2.3 Automatic-mid=$40645

The struggle is real. Does one get 35s and a cool looking rig or 32s that are less expensive in the long run and a bunch more gadgets. Leaning toward the bend due to tire costs and gadgets. Monday, I will be base Squatch.

If they do give a locker option on the base I will get,
Base-2.3 Automatic-locker=$32095

All price are MSRP for these examples and include destination, plan on doing invoice -1300 myself.

Last edited:

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right, everyone has their own wants and needs. I’m simply discussing my thoughts after looking through all of the spreadsheets I’ve got going on.

I don’t go off-road either. My current daily driver is a Toyota Camry; and I’m still not interested in paying $5k for fog lights, window tint, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. If I definitely want the Mid Package, which is what this thread started with, I’d rather pay for the off-road stuff of the Black Diamond and not use it, but we’re back to discussing the differences in trim pricing again.

I think ultimately, the intersection of where my wants, needs, and budget intersect are with the 2-door Outer Banks, 2.7L, and LUX Package, no Sasquatch. For ~$300 less, I can get a 2-Door Black Diamond, 2.7L, Sasquatch...which is also a consideration...because, well, in my opinion, it would look a lot COOLER. Ha.

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, everyone has their own wants and needs. I’m simply discussing my thoughts after looking through all of the spreadsheets I’ve got going on.

I don’t go off-road either. My current daily driver is a Toyota Camry; and I’m still not interested in paying $5k for fog lights, window tint, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. If I definitely want the Mid Package, which is what this thread started with, I’d rather pay for the off-road stuff of the Black Diamond and not use it, but we’re back to discussing the differences in trim pricing again.

I think ultimately, the intersection of where my wants, needs, and budget intersect are with the 2-door Outer Banks, 2.7L, and LUX Package, no Sasquatch. For ~$300 less, I can get a 2-Door Black Diamond, 2.7L, Sasquatch...which is also a consideration...because, well, in my opinion, it would look a lot COOLER. Ha.
So, just a standard package for your Black Diamond?

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, just a standard package for your Black Diamond?
The ~$300 price difference between Outer Banks Lux and Black Diamond Sasquatch, would include the Mid Package in the Black Diamond. I like the idea of intelligent access, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, heated seats, and reverse sensing system (I’ve driven a car with the rear-camera and no lines, and it’s very weird). The rest of the package would be a bonus, but I could do without.

And I’ll say this, I’m not the biggest fan of heated seats either. I tend to sweat a bit, and heated seats, even in the dead of winter, don’t necessarily agree with me. BUT, I can see myself leaving the top and doors off well into the fall...and very early in the spring. I’m an idiot, so I’ll have the heated seats on, heated steering wheel on, knit hat on, doors and roof off......

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you are spot on in the upgrade to big bend with mid sounding like a poor value compared to base

There's enough content held back though that many will spend for it even with it being a poor value

Sojurner86

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are planning on using this for your main A to B vehicle then the goodies in this package are nice. Keep in mind the 1500$ price tag is not final Ford said that was just a place holder price. If you are getting the bronco purely for off-road fun then the package is not necessary.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are planning on using this for your main A to B vehicle then the goodies in this package are nice. Keep in mind the 1500$ price tag is not final Ford said that was just a place holder price. If you are getting the bronco purely for off-road fun then the package is not necessary.

I feel that a Badlands-Sasquatch (Four-Door) without any added tech options from the mid, high, and lux packages is the best combination when it comes to long term reliability, durability, and dependability for an off-road rig.

I feel that if you add tech from the mid, high, and lux packages that things may go wrong and it is the last thing that you want to happen when out in the middle of nowhere. I thought about the high package as well. However, I stick to the side of reliability. I can live without the parking and backup sensors. For me, I dont need added tech when off roading and as a daily driver.
Sponsored