Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drive a 2 door because Broncos are 2 doors, always have been always will be.
Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assure you that there is little chance a 2 door could follow my 4 door around all day off-roading. Just doesn't have the wheelbase to climb up ledges as steep as the 4 door can. I've been in cases where I felt I was going to tip backwards, a 2 door certainly would have.
Lmao, I guess all off roading is just going up steep, straight inclines. Definitely no tight switchbacks, tight corners with trees on either side in wooded areas, no off angle washouts that pose problems for lwb vehicles tipping sideways, and definitely no obstacles that would cause a lwb vehicle to scrape the belly or hang up entirely on the breakover!

There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but it's a pretty massive cope to say one is entirely less capable than the other just because you cherry pick the setting.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lmao, I guess all off roading is just going up steep, straight inclines. Definitely no tight switchbacks, tight corners with trees on either side in wooded areas, no off angle washouts that pose problems for lwb vehicles tipping sideways, and definitely no obstacles that would cause a lwb vehicle to scrape the belly or hang up entirely on the breakover!

There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but it's a pretty massive cope to say one is entirely less capable than the other just because you cherry pick the setting.
I just went on a trail a few days ago that had a lot of dry washes to cross. When water runs through them, it cuts deep channels through the dirt and rock. Plus the wash itself is usually a steep down to it, and a steep up to get out of it. A few times at the bottom of what was basically a V-shape wash littered with big rocks and deep ruts, I was pretty happy about having the nimble little 2-door.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can we all agree the more door and sport are only broncos in name, not authentic broncos....:giggle:
You can add the 3 door to that as well since it’s not a two door like the original that you supposed “two” door guys love so much. I will agree about the sport but unfortunately for all of us FORD is the one that determines what is what. Anyway, you drive your short bus and I’ll take my regular bus. 😜

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's what it boils down to, needs vs wants... my kids are grown and it's just a me thing... 2dr... and so far it looks like the 2dr will hold their value more since Ford can't make the tops right to manufacture more... keep your limp top moar door... :love:
I’m happy for you enjoying your no moar door Bronco! 😂

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only pain is when they're in the seats that have a separate baby carrier that clicks into a base in the car and a stroller due to maneuvering it through the gap between the seatback and the B-pillar with your fat baby at the end of your outstretched arm unless youhave a partner get in the backseat first to receive the baby carrier. It is absolutely the better option in my opinion--I did it in a 2011 Mustang Convertible (less headroom) and it was fine. The Bronco's rear is damn near Kardashian by comparison.
In 1992 my son came home in a 2 Dr Pontiac Grand Am, and our other car was a 2 dr S-10 Blazer. After our third was born we got an extended cab f150. Our first four door was a Taurus!

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a 2 door owner, what I envy most about the 4 doors are:
More options for mods
Lighter doors to take off
Lighter hardtop to take off
and most importantly, the larger tank.

Things I like about my 2 door are:
Looks more proportionate
Turning radius is always surprising
Larger doors = more entry/egress space
Cupholders in the back (Ironic, I know)
And it just looks so darn good

Ford Bronco Why I prefer to drive a 2-door 20230609_164344

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a 2 door owner, what I envy most about the 4 doors are:
More options for mods
Lighter doors to take off
Lighter hardtop to take off
and most importantly, the larger tank.

Things I like about my 2 door are:
Looks more proportionate
Turning radius is always surprising
Larger doors = more entry/egress space
Cupholders in the back (Ironic, I know)
And it just looks so darn good

Ford Bronco Why I prefer to drive a 2-door 20230609_164344
Which RTT is that? And how do you like it?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You tell him SoDak! What's a "massive cope"? My old smooth brain is not comprehending!

Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You tell him SoDak! What's a "massive cope"? My old smooth brain is not comprehending!
Lol usually its just poking fun at someone who tries to vehemently defend something or put it on a pedestal while ignoring known negatives.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can add the 3 door to that as well since it’s not a two door like the original that you supposed “two” door guys love so much. I will agree about the sport but unfortunately for all of us FORD is the one that determines what is what. Anyway, you drive your short bus and I’ll take my regular bus. 😜
It's about damn time somebody brought out the short bus joke!

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I prefer 2 door because that's what I've always liked. I always liked the old broncos from gen 1-5, and the expedition just always seemed disappointing when it took the place of the bronco after 1996. I've never been a fan of compromise vehicles. I've got my 2 door Bronco for fun/daily and my 96 regular cab long box for truck stuff. If people need a ride around town in the bronco then its no issue. For long road trips, camping, off road, etc... usually we just plan for multiple vehicles. I wasn't planning to buy a different Bronco and spend more just to make things easier for people who don't make the payments lol. Mine suits my needs, and that's all that really matters to me.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Which RTT is that? And how do you like it?
It's the RTT 2.0 from Inspired Overland.
I chose this one for a few reasons:
1) It weighs 87 lbs
2) It's only 4" tall so I can fit in my garage
3) It was extremely affordable (I paid $1k including shipping)
4) Has a built in 2" memory foam mattress, and can close with my pillows and sleeping bag inside.

As far as usage, It's so easy to setup, and that my sleeping bag and pillow are already setup, parked to ready to sleep is literally 2 minutes. It takes a bit longer to stow away, since I like to roll up the outer flaps and lay my sleeping bag out flat before closing it up, but it's still really easy.

I added LED strip lights that I connect to a USB power bank, and I also have a heated blanket that works off the same power bank, which is charged through the solar panel. I realized during the install that the quality on this is tent is really good, not hardshell iKamper good, but pretty good, especially for the price point.

The only downside to having a fixed solar panel is that you can't park in the shade for daytime naps, so keep that in mind. Here's a cool night pic with the lights on and flaps up.
Ford Bronco Why I prefer to drive a 2-door 1686611169817

The only downside so far is the wind noise from the passenger side. I have a Kammok awning on the driver side and that seems to mitigate the noise level there, so the wind is shooting out the passenger side and emits a whistling sound. I have a Waterport tank I'm going to install on the passenger side, and a K9 under-rack table mount, so hope those help alleviate the whistling problem.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yesterday on the trail a 2-dr broke down and stopped working because someone said to it "oh, look at that cute pudgy little one with no friends inside". It was obviously embarrassed and could no longer go on. Luckily there were some 4-dr models full of interesting people and gear to help cheer it up and it eventually limped it's way back to camp.

If this is the future you all want, keep buying your 2-dr models and see what happens.

You have been warned.

😜
Sponsored