Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Turning radius is pretty awesome in a two door wrangler. That comes in handy a lot of places. It also fits in compact car parking spots. Four doors is more practical for families, but not necessarily for folks that really go offroad, like through the woods where no one has driven before. My jeep was a daily driver but is now relegated to weekend duties along with my F150. I can park it sideways in my garage with the tractor and motorcycles to make more room. :D
Sponsored

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Choices are good. Your choice for you and mine for me.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought about switching to two doors but decided to stick with four doors at the end of the day. The extra cargo space wins out and is what seals the deal. I’d rather have too much room to store stuff in the back than too little. I do a lot of yard work and need the space for mulch bags, plants, grass fertilizer, etc. Also, I can sleep in the back if I go camping instead of trying to put up a stupid tent in a monsoon. Can’t forget about the mountain bike and snowboard either which I can just throw in the back.

Last edited:

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeeps used to be all two doors. The four door was a sales game changer. Vast majority sold are four door jeeps, but two doors have their place.
Most prevalent reason two door I hear is break over. I am not worried about break over, so I like the four door versions of Jeeps and Broncos

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know if "upset" is the right word. "Disappointed" I guess (man I sound like I'm talking to my daughter lol).

I guess it's just disappointing to me when I see people, usually grown adults, so easily latch onto these phrases and stuff they see online. Like... whatever happened to thinking for yourself and being open and accepting? Just a bummer to see so many people willing to just go along with whatever dumb/silly/catchy thing the internet has told them is true. I know Broncos were originally 2 doors, but guess what - it's not 1965 anymore, thank goodness. We've come a long way. Vehicles have evolved, for the better, in numerous ways.

And in this particular issue (2-door/4-door) it fits into the bigger problem that I've been posting to this community about: Don't divide yourself. Don't end up like jeep. I have local jeep clubs who literally won't let you join if you own a 4-door, and it has absolutely nothing to do with a 4-door's abilities on the trail (because it can do everything a 2-door can do); it's entirely based on moronic, archaic, inane "mall crawler" finger pointing.

It's just sad seeing the bronco community already going that direction, seemingly (I'm told this is the largest online bronco forum, I may be wrong). To many people typing stuff like "mall crawler" and "grocery getter," they probably just mean it in good fun, but I guarantee you - lots of people do seriously mean it. Lots of people do really believe that these 4-door broncos won't be "real" broncos, and that's so discouraging from my perspective. You may even be one of those people. And all you're doing is dividing your community, and that's going to have an effect in the future.

Sorry for the long response. It's just a vehicle at the end of the day. Yea, it's just a stupid thread probably started by a troll, but that's kind of my point: these "stupid" threads started by trolls have certainly bled into the real world, at least on the jeep side of things. Just my feelings on the matter.
Curious: Do you all feel that a 4-Door Electric Vehicle (Mach-E) is a Mustang? How is that different than this?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As an old Land Rover owner, I'm cool with various wheelbases. The Land Rover Series III came in 88 and 109 inch wheelbase versions. And on the 109 you could get 2 or 4 doors. I've got the shorter 88 2-door version, but they all have their uses. A buddy of mine drove a 109 2-door, and that was a nice truck off-road.

2-door is closest to the original EB. But glad Bronco now has 2/4 door versions to meet different needs. On or off the pavement, each will have their pluses/minuses.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it telling that the Bronco designer, marketing manager and global manager are all getting 2 doors? Purists.

See at the 18:35 minute mark.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Curious: Do you all feel that a 4-Door Electric Vehicle (Mach-E) is a Mustang? How is that different than this?
Sorry, I can make this much simpler. The new Mustang just has the name, but the chassis is entirely changed.

The Broncos are the same vehicle just a stretched wheelbase in the 4-door.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, I can make this much simpler. The new Mustang just has the name, but the chassis is entirely changed.

The Broncos are the same vehicle just a stretched wheelbase in the 4-door.
Sorry, your rule has made this much more confusing:

So a 2-door that has an EV chassis, cannot not be a Mustang?
By this rule, the electric F-150 that is coming soon, cannot be called an F-150?
And the Cadillac brand will have to rename all its models because they declared they will be all electric within 10 years?
What about the plug in Jeep Wrangler that will run on electric power for the first 25 miles? Is that a Jeep Wrangler?

Sponsored

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why get a 2 door...

1. The doors are slightly longer, a tall person with the seat all the way back won't be looking at the window beam/pillar (whatever its called) when looking to the left (like in my jeep, I have to lean forward to see left).

2. Turning radius (thinking of steep switchbacks).

3. Breakover angle improved.

4. Because you like the more vintage look.

5. Likely easier/faster/lighter to get in open air mode (sans roof and doors).

6. Because GooseGear will make an awesome rear seat delete platform with slide out fridge and storage boxes for the those overlanders wanting to travel smaller, lighter.

7. Easier to park or fit in drive through at Starbucks.

BTW... I've change my color of choice three times this week. I'm sick...

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why go 4-Door unless you have more than 2 children? Because, 2-Door is better all around. Better approach, departure, and breakover angles. Literally everything is better on the 2-Door.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry, your rule has made this much more confusing:

So a 2-door that has an EV chassis, cannot not be a Mustang?
By this rule, the electric F-150 that is coming soon, cannot be called an F-150?
And the Cadillac brand will have to rename all its models because they declared they will be all electric within 10 years?
What about the plug in Jeep Wrangler that will run on electric power for the first 25 miles? Is that a Jeep Wrangler?
Whoa whoa what rule did I give? Let me check my post... I checked, I don't see any mention of a rule. Nor anything about all this EV stuff you're losing your mind over. Slow your roll and take a breath.

What the heck is an "EV chassis"? The EV element has absolutely nothing to do with how I'm addressing your question. Maybe I explained wrong, but what I was trying to say is that I don't think these two scenarios (new Mustang and new Bronco) are analogous because isn't the new Mustang marketed as an SUV? It is on the Ford website, and it certainly has the stance of an SUV. And the previous Mustangs are all cars. For that reason and that reason only I lean towards saying the Mach-E isn't a "true" Mustang simply because it's no longer a car, or at least it's no longer the type of vehicle it always was. So I just don't get how you're connecting that to the Bronco situation which is yet again a truck just like the originals, and the 4-door is just a longer wheelbase but otherwise the same form factor/platform/whatever term you wanna use. If Ford came out with a Bronco that was a sedan, I wouldn't consider it a Bronco. That also means, technically, the Bronco Sport isn't a "real" Bronco because it's not a truck-based platform (and I think a lot of people agree with that).

I don't know what you're running with with all that other stuff, just letting some steam off on the internet?

I think an interesting answer would be from you: What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say the 4-door Bronco isn't a Bronco?
Sponsored

Last edited: