Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi please excuse my ignorance, but had a quick question about this. I drive a BD non-sas 2.7 and plan to change stock tires to either 33 or 35’s soon. Should the order be change tire size first then have the procal tune installed? Or the other way around? I had originally planned to change the tires and then have the speedometer calibrated, but does the procal tune take care of the speedometer as well? Thanks in advance, learning so much from this forum (I used to drive a Honda Accord lol).
I think when you change tire size you can just plug it back in and make the change. So install tune then you can use the unit in the future for other stuff.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lak34ers

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

it’s either between that one and the Roush one. 👍
Think I read the Roush does not change the tranny for improved shifts. Better mid range but the Ford tune to me is most beneficial in the lower gears getting rid of the lag and delay in shifting.

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a SAS 4 Dr 2.7L and installed the tune this weekend....wow what a difference it makes! If you are on the fence about it don't hesitate. I feel a little cheated by Ford that I drove 9k miles without this performance upgrade or that it didn't come with the Bronco from the factory. I read all the reviews and finally decided to purchase it when Lethal Performance had them on sale a few months ago. They were back ordered so I had to wait. I just received it last week and installed on Saturday and it took maybe 20 minutes...super simple. Yes I know warranty and ASE mechanic installed...there are ways and friends I have that are ASE certified if needed in the future.

Ok so why is this some much better.
1. The shifts are so much better! I hated that first to second gear shift that lagged and took way to long. Now it shifts so much quicker and silky smooth. It is like sport mode but even better. Sport mode is nice but it is jerky and not as smooth. And sport mode still has a shift lag then it over kicks in.
2. Freeway speeds. The Bronco accelerates so much better and seems like at high speeds to react so much quicker when you give it gas. Passing is a breeze now.
3. Mileage. At 9k miles I was averaging 16.8 miles and this is in the NW with lots of mountain passes. Since installing the tune a few days ago and driving over the mountain pass and around town I have already got my average up to 17.1. That is pretty good when you average things out over 9k miles in this short of time. I noticed on fill up that it states 410 mpgs until empty which before it was not in the 400 range. Strange but maybe it knows it is going to get better MPGs.

Yes the premium fuel costs more but pay a few more dollars per fill up and get a much improved Bronco to drive. I know it is $600+ dollars but it is worth every penny. Even my wife who does not care about this stuff and didn't know I installed it said today that the Bronco seems to be driving better has more get up and go. I have not tried any GOAT modes yet but just normal driving is so much better!
How is the initial throttle response after this tune? I swear, when the light turns green with my 2.7 auto, even if I hammer the peddle there's a 1/2 lag before the Bronco even starts moving. Then the turbo lag exasperates the whole thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lak34ers

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How is the initial throttle response after this tune? I swear, when the light turns green with my 2.7 auto, even if I hammer the peddle there's a 1/2 lag before the Bronco even starts moving. Then the turbo lag exasperates the whole thing.
Night and day difference. No lag it wants to go. Doesn't jerk like sport mode...smooth and instant power.

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so what happens if you run 87 in one with the ford tuner>?

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone who was already running premium noticed any difference after the tune? I’ve been using premium since day1 in my 2.7 and it’s been smooth shifting with plenty zip. For my first 1k miles I had no hard accelerations and allowed the transmission to row through all the gears repeatedly.

Last edited:

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got confirmation from my dealer that they will install it, but cost is $650.

I've emailed them to ask if it voids the warranty if I install it, but haven't heard back.

Is there ANY official documentation on self install vs. ASE install vs. Ford install?

Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lak34ers

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got confirmation from my dealer that they will install it, but cost is $650.

I've emailed them to ask if it voids the warranty if I install it, but haven't heard back.

Is there ANY official documentation on self install vs. ASE install vs. Ford install?

Thanks
$650 for 15 minutes of work? Your choice. I'm one of the believers that there in really no way to mess it up. You backup your current tune just to always have and upload the only tune available. How would they argue that the dealer needs to hit the buttons for a warranty? I guess it is each person's choice. The tune is awesome!

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$650 for 15 minutes of work? Your choice. I'm one of the believers that there in really no way to mess it up. You backup your current tune just to always have and upload the only tune available. How would they argue that the dealer needs to hit the buttons for a warranty? I guess it is each person's choice. The tune is awesome!
I understand that the 650 is expensive but... if something breaks and they void the warranty, it could be thousands of dollars.

I watched this video where he claims a Ford dealer install or ASE Cert install will give you a 3 year/36K warranty on it:

(2:05 minutes in).

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were to install the tune yourself, maybe you can record the entire thing with your phone or GoPro that literally shows you "pushing the buttons" correctly. Basically the same thing a certified tech would do. Not sure how that could possibly void a warranty but what do I know..

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 16 year old installed mine in less than 30 minutes....650.00 sounds very high..
Love the tune so far...1st thru 3rd shift so much faster...throttle response is better... I've always ran 93 octane since day one so maybe slight power difference or just placebo effect...also seems to drive better at slow speeds

NmfB

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Hoss 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am in CO and have been running 91 octane from day 1 and after the ProCal there is a significant amount of increase in HP and torque. The shifting is night and day as well. The module is a bit clunky but it is nice to see more info on the screen. Boost, RPMs and pedal position seem like important info but what other info do you like to have displayed and why? I also read that you do not have to have the module hooked up to still get the benefits of the tune?

module.jpg
Sponsored