Sponsored

Why is everyone hellbent on infotainment specs?

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NJ still has copper land lines through Verizon, but AT & T will disconnect all their copper lines in May this year. But I was talking about the actual phones, which I don't think in 25ish odd years of using them growing up, I ever saw one fail.

Comparing that to this new car tech stuff, which can (and sometimes does), all by itself, literally "total" your rig to the point of having the manufacturer buy it back, to phones that ALL worked for 50 odd years, was a really bad example on your part.
I was just using it as an example of technology that has died. Not weather or not it still would technically work. You can still drill holes in wood with a manual hand crank drill but it is old technology hardly used by anyone. Does it still work yes. Landline is actually a great example of this because in 10 years you will probably have to be outside of the US to even try to use one. I also said DVDs and those will probably work for a much longer time then a rotary phone would have worked. DVDs can be stored for decades and still be used, so long as you have the device to use them. They are however a dead technology. The Bronco is also starting the end to another dead item, the printed vehicle manual. Or just about anything printed.

Everything breaks, the better care of it that you take the longer it should last. I would be interested to see if technology actual has caused more warranty issues or if they are just reported more because it affects the item more. If you bought a new car without the spare fuses in the cover would you start a warranty claim? Probably not it is easy to fix yourself. Technology wise most people are scared to touch it so it is an automatic take it to someone to fix. If more people had adopted it when it started to come out this wouldn't be the case.

Look at fuel injection when it first came out. How many people said this will end the ability to work on cars, or they won't last as long now.
Sponsored