Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone explain to me why the tow package isn’t offered on the base model?
Because most people buying base would rather save a couple hundred dollars and do it themselves.
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This one may not be a bug.

Ford Bronco Why isn't Tow Package offered on Base? Capture.JPG

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
From the July 31st Ford Q & A

Q: Will the Base model Bronco be available with a tow package?
A: It's not available on the Base Bronco, but can be purchased as an aftermarket accessory.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have to look it up. It was part of a Q & A. I think Super Cel West.
Ok I will check those threads. Not that it really matters what any of them said at those shows at this point.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the "tow package" is just a $600 receiver hitch?
If it's anything like the past couple decades of models, you'll be able to purchase the receiver hitch and the 4-pin controller will plug into the rear taillight harness somehow. I've added it to a few 3rd gen Explorers, Sport Trac, and finally a 4th gen explorer. the last explorer was the toughest b/c they hide it behind the rear bumper panel. I had to tear the entire rear plastic bumper off to tuck it up in there. was a pain, but only a couple hour effort...but the ford kit always looks better than the aftermarket ones that tend to hang much lower.

I expect to add the same to my base 2-door. I have an eco f150 for my towing, this will be for the fun stuff like jet skis, etc :)

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If it's anything like the past couple decades of models, you'll be able to purchase the receiver hitch and the 4-pin controller will plug into the rear taillight harness somehow. I've added it to a few 3rd gen Explorers, Sport Trac, and finally a 4th gen explorer. the last explorer was the toughest b/c they hide it behind the rear bumper panel. I had to tear the entire rear plastic bumper off to tuck it up in there. was a pain, but only a couple hour effort...but the ford kit always looks better than the aftermarket ones that tend to hang much lower.

I expect to add the same to my base 2-door. I have an eco f150 for my towing, this will be for the fun stuff like jet skis, etc :)
They will all be prewired for the trailer harness. Typically a "tow package" has other features other than just the plug and hitch. Oil/trans cooler, etc.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
They will all be prewired for the trailer harness. Typically a "tow package" has other features other than just the plug and hitch. Oil/trans cooler, etc.
Yep, when it's offered I usually pick it up. It's nicely integrated on my F150 w/ a controller, tow mode control, trans cooler, etc. It doesn't look like the new bronco is going to offer a brake controller or tow mode on any of the models, so it's probably little difference if the factory adds it, your dealer, or you later on?

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
From the Ford Q & A

Q: What is included in the tow package? Do broncos without a tow package still include a hitch?
A: Trailer tow package comes with an optional 2" receiver hitch and trailer wiring

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I see this as a win, because it appears all you get is the hitch & wiring. I can get both for half as much elsewhere. Thanks for saving me money Ford!

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

These prices have left the V6 BaseSquatch looking PREEEETTTTTYY DAMN GOOD to me.
I want the cushy goodies, but that rig gets you the necessary horsies for the rig.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Patience people... you don't have to order today. There are numerous bugs and we don't need to create a thread for each of them. At least with have the B&P to play around with now.