First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guesss what? No one cares that you dont care. I care that my brain wasted seconds of my life accidentally reading anything from your useless posts and further hate myself that I wasted another 30 seconds writing this. I feel better now, guess I was "triggered."
Oh, did the wittle snowflake get twiggered by da bad man's words?? <sniffle> <sniffle> Maybe mama can snuggle you to her ample bosom and comfort you.

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, did the wittle snowflake get twiggered by da bad man's words?? <sniffle> <sniffle> Maybe mama can snuggle you to her ample bosom and comfort you.
This was great :ROFLMAO:. Thank you.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question would be what drive train are you all running? Stock Base with the AT has 3.73 gearing, options run from 4.27 to 4.70. So your MPG will depend on what config you order as well as how you drive. As Always; Your Mileage May Vary.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
. No reason to get hung up on the actual numbers as we know EPA testing on turbo engines are optimistic.
I have a lifetime tank avg of 36+ on my fiesta st. Not that I expect to be pleasantly surprised by the bronco's mpg.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MPG is absolutely a factor. I bought a Chevy ZR2 bison on 12/26, and even though I'm working from home full time, I've already put nearly 2000 miles on it.. it's a great truck, built similarly to the Bronco - upgraded bash plates, winch ready front bumper, front and rear recovery points, front and rear lockers, 4L and 4H, etc - it's got the gas 3.6L V6. my overall mileage is around 15-16mpg total, with around town being about 14mpg and highway being around 18-20 if I reallllly baby it.
Based on the performance of the Ecoboost Mustang I had prior to this truck, I know that the EB engines are capable of really impressive mileage with some conservative driving, so I'm hoping to see slightly better numbers out of both the 2.3 and 2.7 engines in the Bronco.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dad drives a 13 Wrangler Sport 2dr 6sp MT w/3.21 gear ratio & 32ā€ AT tires. He gets over 20 mpg in the real world. My 00 Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5sp MT w/3.07 gear ratio & 31ā€ MT tires gets 15 mpg on a good day. I suspect the Bronco will be better than my TJ in any configuration. Itā€™ll probably do as well as my dads JK with similar tires and gearing. I do not expect the Badlands Iā€™m ordering to even sniff the 20 mpg mark. My 12 Taco only got 18 mpg. And it was certainly more aerodynamic than the Bronco will be and wasnā€™t running 33ā€ tires.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think one of the problems is that with the turbo you can get boost, or you can get good mpgs. There isn't much of an in between there. A lot of people don't understand that, and Ford does a piss poor job at letting them know.
Yes, because the Bronco is the first turbo vehicle in their fleet and Ford doesnā€˜t know how to test one and record MPG due to it being a turbo engine. Because a turbo engine is new to vehicles from any manufacturer, a turbo engine is rare? Come on now, Ford knows exactly what the mpg is, they just donā€™t want to publish it until they have to.

Many new Bronco owners are currently CAR drivers who have never put a wheel on a rock ( and the Bronco will be a very capable 4wd). Publishing a 16 city and 19 hwy mpg would hurt sales from these CAR drivers. Let the car owners buy the Bronco and learn how expensive it is to have fun in it. Many will not be able to afford the cost of ownership for their mall crawler. Two years from now will be very nice used Bronco prices from people that couldnā€™t afford the gas bill.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Twin turbo diesel!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, because the Bronco is the first turbo vehicle in their fleet and Ford doesnā€˜t know how to test one and record MPG due to it being a turbo engine. Because a turbo engine is new to vehicles from any manufacturer, a turbo engine is rare? Come on now, Ford knows exactly what the mpg is, they just donā€™t want to publish it until they have to.

Many new Bronco owners are currently CAR drivers who have never put a wheel on a rock ( and the Bronco will be a very capable 4wd). Publishing a 16 city and 19 hwy mpg would hurt sales from these CAR drivers. Let the car owners buy the Bronco and learn how expensive it is to have fun in it. Many will not be able to afford the cost of ownership for their mall crawler. Two years from now will be very nice used Bronco prices from people that couldnā€™t afford the gas bill.

I don't disagree with you there. Many may be looking at the Bronco as just a cooler SUV, and are going to be surprised. I think it may be a bit higher than 16/19 for the Broncos with the 3.73 gearing, but you are probably pretty dang close for the ones sporting the squatch, and 4.27's.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
If someone can afford the Bronco I think 16MPG would be easy to swallow. Thatā€™s pretty damn good unless your dirt poor, which again - if you can afford the truck thatā€™s good indication your not poor.

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If someone can afford the Bronco I think 16MPG would be easy to swallow. Thatā€™s pretty damn good unless your dirt poor, which again - if you can afford the truck thatā€™s good indication your not poor.
I'm paying cash for my Badlands, and it damn will better get more MPG than that.
Just because I can afford something, that doesn't mean I want to.