WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Am I missing something?
I’m in the market for a new or used OBX. Has to be 2023 or older cause ford got rid of the Advance 4x4 for the 2924 models unless you get SAS. I have ZERO reason for SAS but the 4A is a must!
I am looking for a 4 door OBX, 2.7, MIC, Tow, & Lux. I’ve expanded my search from new & used OBX (which are averaging $57-62,000 in my area new). I haven’t seen a lot of used OBX, so I expanded my search a bit and Ive found quite a few low mile Wildtraks in the $62-59,000 range. 22s and 23s. Why? Is it just serendipity? Or over zealous people that bought and then had a change of heart? Or am I missing something?
Most used Broncos I see are listed at their original MSRP. Just struck me as odd.
Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My totally unfounded speculation is that people ordered a Wildtrak as a high end luxury, awesome offroader to be used as daily driver.
EX: a cooler looking Grand Cherokee Limited.

Most people ordered them without ever seeing one in person or test driving one.

When they finally got it they found out it really lacks in the luxury aspect.
Cheap plastics, rough ride (compared to what the expected) and loud (tire and wind noise).

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Am I missing something?
I’m in the market for a new or used OBX. Has to be 2023 or older cause ford got rid of the Advance 4x4 for the 2924 models unless you get SAS. I have ZERO reason for SAS but the 4A is a must!
I am looking for a 4 door OBX, 2.7, MIC, Tow, & Lux. I’ve expanded my search from new & used OBX (which are averaging $57-62,000 in my area new). I haven’t seen a lot of used OBX, so I expanded my search a bit and Ive found quite a few low mile Wildtraks in the $62-59,000 range. 22s and 23s. Why? Is it just serendipity? Or over zealous people that bought and then had a change of heart? Or am I missing something?
Most used Broncos I see are listed at their original MSRP. Just struck me as odd.
For 2024 model year, Ford has improved the Wildtrak steering Rack, as well as the suspension with Fox Shocks (2023, I think). In other words, for people who want even better off road machines, the Badlands Wildtrak Raptor end of the spectrum keeps getting better each model year. The refinements are needed for those who want 37" tires, which overstress suspensions designed for 35" Sasquatch tires. Its possible people are upgrading by trading up to a better version of their model . . . Or even up to the incredible Raptor. So, I trade in my 2021 Wildtrak, not much different than a 2021 oBX Sasquatch, get top dollar, and get a much better equipped 2024 Wildtrack, which now has some Raptor-like features and components. My theory.
https://fordauthority.com/2023/08/some-2024-ford-bronco-suvs-get-upgraded-steering-gear/

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
For 2024 model year, Ford has improved the Wildtrak steering Rack, as well as the suspension with Fox Shocks (2023, I think). In other words, for people who want even better off road machines, the Badlands Wildtrak Raptor end of the spectrum keeps getting better each model year. The refinements are needed for those who want 37" tires, which overstress suspensions designed for 35" Sasquatch tires. Its possible people are upgrading by trading up to a better version of their model . . . Or even up to the incredible Raptor. https://fordauthority.com/2023/08/some-2024-ford-bronco-suvs-get-upgraded-steering-gear/
They didn't improve the Wildtrak, they are saying for MY24 all Sas Bronco's will get the HOSS 3.0 steering rack that was standard on the MY23 (option on mid-year MY22) Wildtrak.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They didn't improve the Wildtrak, they are saying for MY24 all Sas Bronco's will get the HOSS 3.0 steering rack that was standard on the MY23 Wildtrak.
Are not the Fox shocks a big Wildtrak upgrade over 2021-2022?

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are not the Fox shocks a big Wildtrak upgrade over 2021-2022?
I was responding to this: "For 2024 model year, Ford has improved the Wildtrak steering Rack.." As far as I know the 3.0 steering rack is the same one offered mid-year 2022 on the Wildtrak.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm seeing many used Broncos finally being listed for $3-5K under original MSRP. This wasn't true 6 months ago.

I'm also seeing MANY new Broncos sitting on the lot. For ones at MSRP they take a week or two to sell. For those with markup they can sit for 3+ months or more (like my abandoned order).

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My totally unfounded speculation is that people ordered a Wildtrak as a high end luxury, awesome offroader to be used as daily driver.

Cheap plastics, rough ride (compared to what the expected) and loud (tire and wind noise).
Ding ding you nailed it man. Don't forget the gas mileage of like 15MPG. Here in Cali gas is well over $6 and approaching $7/gal in some places. Also, seriously $62K for an OBX? Really? That's kind of like a one-way ticket to the poor house isn't it? These Broncos are way over priced and the resale will be crap once the hype goes away. When I test drove a '23 Wildtrak with cloth seats I thought to myself "I'm driving a $64,000 underpowered vehicle with the interior of a geo metro and the gas mileage of a wrangler". There's no way in hell I'd pay these asking prices. BUT that is exactly what people are doing, and that is exactly why Ford has been pumping out so many Wildtraks because they likely have the highest margin. Where I live in SoCal Wildtrak trims are far and away the most common trim of Bronco.

Ford said they will be upgrading the interiors in the '24 Bronco but nobody knows what that entails. Perhaps they will put $2 some fake leather on the door panels. I'll see it when I believe it.

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was responding to this: "For 2024 model year, Ford has improved the Wildtrak steering Rack.." As far as I know the 3.0 steering rack is the same one offered mid-year 2022 on the Wildtrak.
He's confusing the steering rack upgrade that the BADLANDS trim gets for '24, which is the Hoss 3.0 steering rack. Previously only the wildtrak had it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford let you reserve a $60,000 vehicle with $100 down, or zero down if you changed dealerships.

So, a LOT of people ordered the highest end thinking their finances would improve in the 2 years it took for Ford to build them. Basically, they overcomited.

I know with my dealership, they had several folks either pass or fail financing on fully optioned Wildttraks, while everyone who bought Base models took those (and often paid cash)

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He's confusing the steering rack upgrade that the BADLANDS trim gets for '24, which is the Hoss 3.0 steering rack. Previously only the wildtrak had it.

Badlands and all Squatch for 24 IIRC.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think most all the guesses posted above are correct… to summarize IMO:

over zealous and had to have WITH many buyers not “knowing” what they were buying

current financial chaotic changes ( leverage costing lots more due to interest rates)

IF you know what you want and it’s a Wildtrack, make others mistakes/losses your advantage/win !!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford let you reserve a $60,000 vehicle with $100 down, or zero down if you changed dealerships.

So, a LOT of people ordered the highest end thinking their finances would improve in the 2 years it took for Ford to build them. Basically, they overcomited.

I know with my dealership, they had several folks either pass or fail financing on fully optioned Wildttraks, while everyone who bought Base models took those (and often paid cash)
This. As a top line expensive version, Wildtrak might see a higher default rate, when price and payments are realized. Add to that, if a person bought for aspiration, but ended up having little or no real use for the functionalities. Eventually reality sets in.

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered and received my 2023 Wildtrak. I love it. Everything about it except for the sub delete buns stereo. I am fixing that. That said, I gave my 2015 F150 to my son when he turned 16, and when he goes to college, I’m trading in my Wildtrak. A reason I ordered and purchased a Wildtrak, my dealer wants it back when I am ready and I’ll get another F150. I use a pickup a lot, and currently still use my sons, or he does what I need. Doubt this helps, but just sharing my experience.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It turns out, being mostly deaf has one advantage. I don't hear the road noise (Badlands). I do, but it doesn't seem any louder than my Fusion or my 2019 F-150KR. I think my Bronco is way more comfortable than my Fusion and on par with my KR.

I think you may be partly right, though. The one thing you may be missing is that a lot of folks may have misjudged their future financial situation. If that's the case, we should start seeing more the higher end Broncos on lots, soon.
Sponsored