First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really sure here in S. FL. I have seen more Bronco's of all trim levels on the road here, and very very few used. I have seen a few base-use ones.

At most dealers, they are selling new Bronco's and they have been Wildtracks and Badlands.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe it's lease returns coming up, most lease vehicles go with highest trim for resale after(been like this at my dealership)

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People, in some areas, are still able to sell their Broncos for more than they paid if they got price protection between model years. Add that to the "lack of luxury" and you get a lot of used Broncos on the lots.

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Umm……I’m pretty sure people who originally ordered the Wildtrak then (painted mod top, body color handles, black grille, etc) because it stood out from the rest. When they arrived they looked the same as the rest of the Sasquatch packages, sans the black rings. It wasn’t a buyers financial issue, it was bait-n-switch on Fords end.

Sponsored

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My non-SAS Badlands 2.7 is getting 20.7 mpg currently. I avoided Wildtrak because it only comes with 35s. I suspect many Wildtrak owners have heartburn over 17 mpg and $4+/gallon gasoline, and the difficulty of parking their big rig.
o_O I'm getting 17.0 on my non-SAS BL. Granted I do have some elevation around me. I'm running 92 octane.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That makes total sense. Most people seem to purchase a Bronco as a fashion accessory - they live in an urban or suburban environment and want to project an image. In reality, they’d be better served by a family oriented SUV or minivan.
This is funny.
Anywho, me personally, I’m not buying for a “Quasi AWD”, if I’m dropping $55k+ I just want Advanced 4x4 because 4A in the winter is extremely convenient.
I’m buying a Bronco with ZERO intentions of doing crazy offroading and there is nothing wrong with that… different strokes for different folks.
I’m buying for the experience.
1. Removable Top
2. Don’t want a minivan
3. Heritage and Nostalgia (i’ve always loved the Bronco of yesteryear)
4. Regardless of some of the flaws they’re, IMO, one of the best looking SUVs on the market.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That makes total sense. Most people seem to purchase a Bronco as a fashion accessory - they live in an urban or suburban environment and want to project an image. In reality, they’d be better served by a family oriented SUV or minivan.
In my area at least, the majority of Broncos (and especially Mercedes G-Wagons) I see, are in a neighboring town west of Chicago called Hinsdale. Million dollar zipcode, I mainly travel there to visit my dentist, lol. Especially early on, I couldn't believe all the Broncos, man was I rubber necking driving in that area.

I don't get the impression those vehicles are bashed around much or see much utility type usage.
Probably it boils down to people wanting to feel a sense of adventure, regardless if they are up for a real adventure. That's kind of what Ford is marketing, an image/feeling not simply a vehicle.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In my area at least, the majority of Broncos (and especially Mercedes G-Wagons) I see, are in a neighboring town west of Chicago called Hinsdale. Million dollar zipcode, I mainly travel there to visit my dentist, lol. Especially early on, I couldn't believe all the Broncos, man was I rubber necking driving in that area.

I don't get the impression those vehicles are bashed around much or see much utility type usage.
Probably it boils down to people wanting to feel a sense of adventure, regardless if they are up for a real adventure. That's kind of what Ford is marketing, an image/feeling not simply a vehicle.
What constitutes a “real” adventure?

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is funny.
Anywho, me personally, I’m not buying for a “Quasi AWD”, if I’m dropping $55k+ I just want Advanced 4x4 because 4A in the winter is extremely convenient.
I’m buying a Bronco with ZERO intentions of doing crazy offroading and there is nothing wrong with that… different strokes for different folks.
1. Removable Top
2. Don’t want a minivan
4. Regardless of some of the flaws they’re, IMO, one of the best looking SUVs on the market.
True. However my winter driving is probably a bit more game-on than most.

However having a driveway full of S and RS series Audis, and the Bronco, and having lived and worked in some of the highest snow regions in the world... my Bronco stays put when the roads are snow and ice packed.

Have you driven a Bronco in snow, against say an Audi that does 0 - 60 in 3 or 4 seconds and has studded Nokians?

Pictured: My wife and I on a dog walk on Mt Baker HWY at about 4,500'. This is mid June. They are just clearing the HWY after a 900" winter.

Ford Bronco Why so many used Wildtraks? Snowpack 06.08.13 2.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base

Spot on. Most purchases are emotional based decisions. Every successful brand gets that.

If Bronco owners really wanted to convey authenticity they would purchase a 20 year old 4Runner and buy a few used WW kayaks to put on top - maybe even a used climbing rack to throw in the back.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is funny.
1. Removable Top
2. Don’t want a minivan
Absolutely! Agee with all of this and the discussions of the current day economics.
Our WT however -
1. Has the best comfortable seats of any Ford we’ve had (which is way too many).
2. We get 18.6 mpg with Shell 87 around town.
3. The 2.7 twin turbo has plenty of beans, and the Adv 4x4 is a tank when needed.
4. Since we’re both getting deaf, the wind & tire noise are not intrusive and the so-so sound system is adequate. LOL.
5. If you’re a Blue Oval fan, the Bronco, any Bronco has the nostalgia, the guts, the driveability and a variety of trims to choose from. Something for everyone…or not! Nothing compares IMO.
Sponsored