Sponsored

Why would there be 80 miles on new Bronco?

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A portion of that could be tied to your configuration. It is my understanding some work takes place at mod centers close by the assembly plant. Couple that with marshaling yard logistics, and likely some quality control (which can take place on site or simulated). Finally, some dealership drop points are different from the location you actually pick up your vehicle from (dealer’s prep and conditioning center can be off site from their primary dealership location - common in high density areas). I wouldn’t be concerned about it at all.
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my line of work I deal with a lot of brand new (before PDI) there is typically a tag from Ford when they get pulled for test miles at the factory. I've seen as many as 50-75 miles noted on the tags. I believe these get thrown out during the dealership PDI process, my opinion they should be left in the glove box.

My 2021 Bronco had 25 miles at delivery, in Alaska.

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was expecting < 20 miles on mine so I was a little shocked when the paperwork said 128 miles... Asked them why that was so high and was told that Ford will pull some vehicles to do testing, etc. Dealership itself put 2 miles with the work they had to do (get gas, moving between their builds for various services, etc.)

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Quality inspection doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be any better.
I did a PDI on a brand new Braptor that came straight off the truck with 53 “quality control” miles. Left inner axle boot was torn throwing grease everywhere and it had a massive oil leak from a pinched RH turbocharger oil supply line o-ring.
Well that makes me feel better!!! 😂😂

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A portion of that could be tied to your configuration. It is my understanding some work takes place at mod centers close by the assembly plant. Couple that with marshaling yard logistics, and likely some quality control (which can take place on site or simulated). Finally, some dealership drop points are different from the location you actually pick up your vehicle from (dealer’s prep and conditioning center can be off site from their primary dealership location - common in high density areas). I wouldn’t be concerned about it at all.
I guess I’m more concerened on how it was driven and less so that it was driven.

It was instant flashbacks to the valet kid handing me the keys to my manual Mazda 3 and all I could smell was fried clutch!

I mean, nobody is going to get in a brand new ride and floor it to see it’s zero to 60 time
right?đŸ€”

Sponsored

TC1

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach E, 2021 Escape, 2014 RX 450
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question for Ford insiders on the forum.

I went to take delivery on my new Bronco and it has 80 miles on it already. How can that be?

When I was tracking it there was 5 or 6 days between being “built” to moving to “shipping”. I saw a post here about a ton of broncos going to some holding lot so maybe mine was part of that?

“Dealer said” mine got picked out of the line by Ford for quality checks and it’s driven for that so it accrued mileage.

I don’t mistrust my sales guy but 80 miles seems a tad excessive. My last 8 new cars have all had under 8 miles on them when I drove them off the lot.

This one is a replacement for the Bronco Ford bought back from me and that one had 36 miles on it and I thought that was a bunch.

Any ideas why so many miles?
Our bronco had 76 miles on it and a sticker on the dash that it was randomly pick for QAQC drive thru ford closed course stating it had 71 additional miles placed on it during this test. signed by the tester/driver.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Our bronco had 76 miles on it and a sticker on the dash that it was randomly pick for QAQC drive thru ford closed course stating it had 71 additional miles placed on it during this test. signed by the tester/driver.
That’s cool. I didn’t see a sticker on mine so maybe the dealer removed it
or it’s in the glove box. I’ll have to check.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went to take delivery on my new Bronco and it has 80 miles on it already. How can that be?

When I was tracking it there was 5 or 6 days between being “built” to moving to “shipping”. I saw a post here about a ton of broncos going to some holding lot so maybe mine was part of that?

“Dealer said” mine got picked out of the line by Ford for quality checks and it’s driven for that so it accrued mileage.

I don’t mistrust my sales guy but 80 miles seems a tad excessive. My last 8 new cars have all had under 8 miles on them when I drove them off the lot.

This one is a replacement for the Bronco Ford bought back from me and that one had 36 miles on it and I thought that was a bunch.

Most dealers will test drive during PDI and sometimes the roads are a few miles. Most of the time the factory will drive a random vehicle for quality checks or going to the 7-11 for a coffee break😎 j/k mine had 47 on it when it came off the truck.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had 69 on mine. Dealer said that is how they got. I trust they didn’t let anyone drive it. I figure someone at Ford did.

I figure I could take it with 69 miles on it or walk away and someone else would buy it.

Sponsored

Kbehrendt

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I felt the same way. Mine had about 64 miles on when I picked it up. The dealer said that it was driven to a window tint installer off-property. I did request the window tinting but still, that seemed excessive.

Syringe

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 ZX-10R, '21 Z H2 SE, '13 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine had the testing sticker in it, too - as seen a couple of posts up from mine, but only 29 miles on it when I took delivery.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shit when I was a boy my dad who was service manager at a big NJ Ford dealer routinely came home at night in new Fords. I still remember my mom complaining how her head hit the roll bar in a new 67 GT350. A car we could never afford of course

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless there's any apparent abuse or damage, why worry since your Basic 3/36 Warranty will expire at 36,080

Deere503

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I pre-ordered a 2023 4dr Badlands last year at my local dealer. No commitment or money down. If I didn’t want it—no worries. It arrived last September and I finally got around to test driving it. Loved it but they wouldn’t move on price so I declined. It had 240+ miles on it. Told me it was shipped to another dealer in MN and they’d go pick it up with a trailer. I’m gonna say they drove it to my local dealership. It’s still for sale and on CarGurus it says it has 5 miles on it. Fully loaded Badlands Eruption Green—still sitting there.
Sponsored