First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the stealth box installed with @mObridge. I would prob consider something different. Also, the direct shipping from JL only took a few days for me. I ordered 11 days ago from Crutchfield.

Fraser actually came to my house to help troubleshoot some items I had with Morel speakers fitting. We found out the Raptor dash speakers have less of a mounting depth. Overall the customer service is fantastic and the amp works amazing.

The Stealthbox quality is mediocre at best and the fitment is a miss. At least for me. Happy to answer any questions but I am considering removing the stealth box and going to a tailgate sub while in my return policy before I put my panel back on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the stealth box installed with @mObridge. I would prob consider something different. Also, the direct shipping from JL only took a few days for me. I ordered 11 days ago from Crutchfield.

Fraser actually came to my house to help troubleshoot some items and overall the customer service is fantastic.

The Stealthbox quality is mediocre at best and the fitment is a miss. At least for me. Happy to answer any questions but I am considering removing the stealth box and going to a tailgate sub while in my return policy before I put my panel back on.
Ok, thanks for the info. I am going to send you a PM.

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All, just placed my order with mObridge (thanks Fraser for answering my questions) but now I am having trouble finding the JL Audio Stealthbox in stock as a lot of places, like Crutchfield, indicate they order it directly from the manufacture. I may call the manufacture tomorrow to see how long its taking. Anyone know of a place that actually keeps them in stock? If it's a month or so out I will want to look for another solution.
I got mine from Creative Audio, they had 3 in stock at the time I ordered and was free shipping. I just called them directly to order.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine from Creative Audio, they had 3 in stock at the time I ordered and was free shipping. I just called them directly to order.
Thanks. Curious how long you have had it and if happy with your choice.

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All, just placed my order with mObridge (thanks Fraser for answering my questions) but now I am having trouble finding the JL Audio Stealthbox in stock as a lot of places, like Crutchfield, indicate they order it directly from the manufacture. I may call the manufacture tomorrow to see how long its taking. Anyone know of a place that actually keeps them in stock? If it's a month or so out I will want to look for another solution.
I went a different route for the sub enclosure. The guys at Audio Design in FL they build this enclosure. I know it only takes an 8inch sub but paired with an Audison APS D 8 inch or the Audiomobile EVO 2408 it sounds pretty good. And it is much cheaper than the JL.

https://audiodesignscg.com/jacksonville-ford-bronco-audio-system-rescue-and-custom-subwoofer/

Sponsored

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Curious how long you have had it and if happy with your choice.
Ford Bronco Wife's B&O overhaul - m0bridge, speakers, stealthbox & more thumbnail_image0
Ford Bronco Wife's B&O overhaul - m0bridge, speakers, stealthbox & more thumbnail_image1

I'll tell you in a few days, I'm installing it all as we speak. Putting in the m0bridge now.

Other than the guy yesterday, I've only read positive things about it (except the price), so I'm pretty excited for the setup. I have always loved JL subs and it fits for what I'm going for (had 2 18" Kenwood's back in the day, so I'm not expecting to rattle the neighborhood, I am looking for crisp responsive bass).

But I'll give feedback as soon as I have it all setup. I have JL C2's all around that I put in a few months ago.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Wife's B&O overhaul - m0bridge, speakers, stealthbox & more thumbnail_image1

I'll tell you in a few days, I'm installing it all as we speak. Putting in the m0bridge now.

Other than the guy yesterday, I've only read positive things about it (except the price), so I'm pretty excited for the setup. I have always loved JL subs and it fits for what I'm going for (had 2 18" Kenwood's back in the day, so I'm not expecting to rattle the neighborhood, I am looking for crisp responsive bass).

But I'll give feedback as soon as I have it all setup. I have JL C2's all around that I put in a few months ago.
Thanks we might be doing all this together soon but you are obviously ahead of me. I too installed the same speakers a year or so ago. Yes let me know how your fitment goes as I think that was the main problem I have heard when adding the Stealth with sound deadening. Makes it quite tight to reinstall.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks we might be doing all this together soon but you are obviously ahead of me. I too installed the same speakers a year or so ago. Yes let me know how your fitment goes as I think that was the main problem I have heard when adding the Stealth with sound deadening. Makes it quite tight to reinstall.
IMG_7932.jpeg

Be careful taking the panel off, I made an oops and that plastic piece broke. Not sure what it means yet, but hopefully it’s not that important :)

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm seriously considering the Stealthbox and this worries me. I'd like to see it with the more powerful 10Tw3-d4 sub rather than the 10Tw1-2 but JL said that's not an option...also they won't offer the Stealthbox empty.

Mobridge seems like a no brainer with Morel 602s in the kicks...

See below from emails to JL and Audio Designs:

Is there an option to get the JL Stealthbox for Bronco with a 10TW3-D4 sub rather than the less powerful 10TW1-2 sub?

Bryan Nelson (JL Audio)
Jan 22, 2024, 09:04 EST
Good morning, and thank you for the inquiry. Unfortunately there are no substitutions for our Steathboxes. Each Steathbox is specifically designed for the subwoofer chosen for the application. I do apologize.
Bryan Nelson

Is there an option to get the box empty? i.e. without a sub?
I'm sorry, unfortunately that is not an option either.
Bryan Nelson

And when I asked Audio Designs if they were considering a 10'' sub box -

I emailed Audio Designs and got a rather curt response when asking if they were considering 10'' enclosures..

"Good morning,

No.

Thank you,

Matthew Fettik

Fraser actually came to my house to help troubleshoot some items I had with Morel speakers fitting. We found out the Raptor dash speakers have less of a mounting depth. Overall the customer service is fantastic and the amp works amazing.

Sponsored

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm seriously considering the Stealthbox and this worries me. I'd like to see it with the more powerful 10Tw3-d4 sub rather than the 10Tw1-2 but JL said that's not an option...also they won't offer the Stealthbox empty.

Mobridge seems like a no brainer with Morel 602s in the kicks...

See below from emails to JL and Audio Designs:

Is there an option to get the JL Stealthbox for Bronco with a 10TW3-D4 sub rather than the less powerful 10TW1-2 sub?

Bryan Nelson (JL Audio)
Jan 22, 2024, 09:04 EST
Good morning, and thank you for the inquiry. Unfortunately there are no substitutions for our Steathboxes. Each Steathbox is specifically designed for the subwoofer chosen for the application. I do apologize.
Bryan Nelson

Is there an option to get the box empty? i.e. without a sub?
I'm sorry, unfortunately that is not an option either.
Bryan Nelson

And when I asked Audio Designs if they were considering a 10'' sub box -

I emailed Audio Designs and got a rather curt response when asking if they were considering 10'' enclosures..

"Good morning,

No.

Thank you,

Matthew Fettik
Unfortunately because of the way Audio Design is building the enclosure there is no room for a 10” sub. Also, I think a 10” is really pushing the space that is available behind the panel.
I have the Audio Design enclosure with an Audison 8” sub and it is delivering at half the cost of the JL.

My communication with Audio Design was great last year. This year I tried to contact them with a question and they were silent. It is a shame because there not too many out there building enclosures for Bronco, maybe it is not cost effective for them or they are busy with installs and rather focus on that…

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went a different route for the sub enclosure. The guys at Audio Design in FL they build this enclosure. I know it only takes an 8inch sub but paired with an Audison APS D 8 inch or the Audiomobile EVO 2408 it sounds pretty good. And it is much cheaper than the JL.

https://audiodesignscg.com/jacksonville-ford-bronco-audio-system-rescue-and-custom-subwoofer/
Hi, I checked it out. Looks promising. However, I didn't see a pic of the plastic interior trim over the sub location. Have you put this back on and it fits okay? I know some have had trouble even with the Stealth Box.

Last edited:

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi, I checked this out. Looks promising for sure. However, I but didn't see a pic of the plastic interior trim over the sub location. Have you put this back on and it fits okay? I know some have had trouble even with the Stealth Box.
It fits like the factory OEM enclosure. It does not have mounts for the mObridge or factory OEM amp so you will need to measure and find the right place to install the amp/DSP on the space provided.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looking at that and thinking, “Why can’t they just move the sub 4 inches to the right with more space and put a 10” in there?”

Hi, I checked this out. Looks promising for sure. However, I but didn't see a pic of the plastic interior trim over the sub location. Have you put this back on and it fits okay? I know some have had trouble even with the Stealth Box.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, thanks for the tip on using Creative Audio. I wasn't able to find this anywhere, with even my local audio store saying it would be 2.5 weeks out. Called these guys and they had 2 left in stock so should get it by the weekend. Nice crew, kind of reminds me of Crutchfield. Have to keep them saved for future orders.
Sponsored