Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you mind posting a pic of your tweeter install on the pods? I was thinking about doing the same, but wasn’t sure if it would work.
I think it would have been a bit cleaner if I’d used a different glue than superglue, and if the Mabett pods weren’t painted (the OE pods are molded in color). When I tried to clean the excess glue off, the paint came with it.

IMG_1556_Original.jpeg

IMG_1557_Original.jpeg

IMG_1558_Original.jpeg

IMG_1559_Original.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it would have been a bit cleaner if I’d used a different glue than superglue, and if the Mabett pods weren’t painted (the OE pods are molded in color). When I tried to clean the excess glue off, the paint came with it.

IMG_1556_Original.jpeg

IMG_1557_Original.jpeg

IMG_1558_Original.jpeg

IMG_1559_Original.jpeg
You could always spray paint the cover, but no one notices this except for you. Trust.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed the remaining Hetz speakers in the front with 300hz bass blockers. I think I’m all set now. Just 5 speakers swapped.

Hertz DCX-1003 in front and rear, Center PRV woofer, the rest stock OEM B&O.

The cut out I had before in the rear is gone. Maybe due to poor insulation on my test harness.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Insert trim piece here to start, then move along sides. The lip you don’t want to crush ends just a little bit after 2.25” from edge. I made the mistake assuming that opening was in the same location on both sides.

Ford Bronco B&O front speakers worth changing? 9BC1439E-DD14-41AA-B8F6-6D145B9F0E51

Last edited:

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed the remaining Hetz speakers in the front with 300hz bass blockers. I think I’m all set now. Just 5 speakers swapped.

Hertz DCX-1003 in front and rear, Center PRV woofer, the rest stock OEM B&O.

The cut out I had before in the rear is gone. Maybe due to poor insulation on my test harness.
Bass Blocker on the center?

Sponsored

Summertime

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
center for sure was an improvement
plus some poly fill and/or dynamat
to me was a huge difference

note that you will get good results with speakers that have high sensitivity if not adding an amp with the b&o

i havent replaced the sub, but might next time i feel like pulling the panel out
from what ive read most who swap the sub also put in an amp

ATM i‘ve got good results with swapping all the 4”

I did try kicker’s in the kick panels last weeknd but it didnt sound as good as stock
i ordered some hertz 6” that ill try next weekend to see if they are any better
Did you have an 4" speaker since you replaced an odd number (5): 2 fronts, 2 rear pods, 1 center? Which 4" speakers did you use?

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have an 4" speaker since you replaced an odd number (5): 2 fronts, 2 rear pods, 1 center? Which 4" speakers did you use?
I replaced all the 4"
I used Hertz DCX100.3 for fronts and rears, and a Polk DB402 in the centre

I'm not sure a good idea to mix, but that's how I ended up
recommend either, both are upgrades over the b&o and high sensitivity, much better range and quality

Summertime

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I replaced all the 4"
I used Hertz DCX100.3 for fronts and rears, and a Polk DB402 in the centre

I'm not sure a good idea to mix, but that's how I ended up
recommend either, both are upgrades over the b&o and high sensitivity, much better range and quality
Thanks. Were you able to order just one of the Polk speakers for the center, or do you have one left over?
Did the new speakers require any special connections or mounting brackets, or were they plug-n-play? (Sorry, I'm trying to determine if I can do this myself without missing something)

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I did 300hz same as the fronts
Bass blockers work as a High-Pass Frequency filter, right? So a 300Hz blocker allows for all frequencies above 300Hz only? Did you feel like the Hertz 4" speakers and PRV 4" center had too much boominess? I prefer to listen to a completely flat equalization so I'm wondering if I could just completely skip the bass blockers. If you were getting boomy or muddy results I think I may stuff some polyfil in the cavities instead of bass blockers to counteract that. I'm of the mind that if I want more bass, I just turn the volume up and maybe knock the treble down a notch or two.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bass blockers work as a High-Pass Frequency filter, right? So a 300Hz blocker allows for all frequencies above 300Hz only? Did you feel like the Hertz 4" speakers and PRV 4" center had too much boominess? I prefer to listen to a completely flat equalization so I'm wondering if I could just completely skip the bass blockers. If you were getting boomy or muddy results I think I may stuff some polyfil in the cavities instead of bass blockers to counteract that. I'm of the mind that if I want more bass, I just turn the volume up and maybe knock the treble down a notch or two.
yes, I filled all cavities up with Poly. From what I could hear in testing with and out blockers side by side, the stereo did little to filter out the sharpness of the Hertz speakers. My suggestion would be test it for yourself and compare.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are quite a few threads on here talking about this and the consensus seems to be the 300Hz blocker with the hertz 100.3 speakers are the best bang for buck esp. since the speakers are so small and the bass blockers are fairly cheap.

Last edited:

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Were you able to order just one of the Polk speakers for the center, or do you have one left over?
Did the new speakers require any special connections or mounting brackets, or were they plug-n-play? (Sorry, I'm trying to determine if I can do this myself without missing something)
you have to order in pairs, so had one left over

they are pretty easy to swap, with crutchfield they can provide the additional wiring harness and I going from memory think just had to trim off two tabs on the speaker

but very simple install, just be careful with removing the covers as the tabs are easy to break, proper polarity and a good idea to add some dynamat or poly to improve acoustics when you replace
Sponsored