2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife is now on her 2nd Bronco now at this point since Dec 2021 (#1 MY21 4dr BL w/ Lux package & replaced w/ #2 MY23 4dr BL w/ Lux package) and she has been hounding me to rip out the B&O POS system and overhaul the sound system, but I knew our plan was to replace the ’21 for the ’23 so I put it off while also waiting to see what products would make it to the market. I've read every possible thread multiple times during this time period and obviously some thoughts have changed as you'll see below.

I’m looking for guidance and/or suggestions as to if you could do things over again, would you have gone a different route regarding speakers. She drives a lot with the top open & windows down, likes her music clean, loud & w/ nice bass without the mirror shaking other cars at stoplights/hear coming from 5 blocks away bass.

In my jeep I can drive 65mph down the highway, top down, doors off, and one can still hear the music over the wind and noise of true 35” MT tires. Unfortunately, I spent way too much $ and time making all that happen years ago while also losing rear cargo space for a custom downfiring sub box. That was the last time I’ve had to mess with a factory sound system overhaul.

Here was my plan:
  • Remove/replace the POS B&O amp/dsp with the @mObridge Bronco K2 amp/dsp.
  • Remove/replace the OEM 4” dash speaks with JL C1 4” speakers.
    • Should I replace the OEM center channel speaker w/ a JL C1 4” or completely remove the center channel from being used after installing the m0bridge setup?
  • Remove/replace the OEM 6.5” kick panel speakers with ?
    • Original plan didn’t include replacing the kick panel speakers if I was keeping the POS B&O amp/dsp, however, with the installation of the m0bridge setup, that has changed, and I need to figure out which 6.5” speakers to go with. Any thoughts?
  • Remove/replace the rear OEM 4” speaker pods & speakers with 6.5” pods & speakers, while adding sound deadening inside the pods along w/ polyfill.
    • Again, the original plan wasn’t to replace the OEM 4” w/ 6.5” speakers if I was keeping the POS B&O amp/dsp, however, with the installation of the m0bridge setup, that has changed, and I need to figure out which 6.5-6.75” speakers to go with. Any thoughts? Remember…this is a 4dr.
  • Remove/replace the POS OEM sub & box with the JL Stealthbox Bronco option.
    • *NOTE – For various reasons, a custom sub box in the rear cargo area, box mounted on the tailgate, or a box underneath any of the seats are NOT an option. Zero space should be lost in the rear cargo area & it must remain a clean look. I’ve always had good luck w/ JL subs and their stealthbox build quality.
  • Installing sound deadening behind the rear quarter trim panels, cargo interior of the tub (sides & floor), inside the tailgate door.
  • I'll also be installing the Hot Head Headliner (I opted for the no OEM headliner installed by factory on MIC top for this exact reason) & sound deadening kit once I can get to a point to where I can remove the rear hardtop shell for the install.
Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching to see the replies, I worked on my B&O and got it tolerable. However compared to my wifes 2014 JK Sahara with the Alpine system this thing blows!

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are going to be very happy with mObridge. I have had Hertz and now Morel speakers in and both sound soo much better than B&O system. Subwoofer upgrade is necessary, haven’t heard the JL but people seem to like it and its the only decent option to go in the OEM space.

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any questions about the product feel free to ask. Also we have a pre done microphone tune for the JL C1s all round.

If you are going to order make sure you get it in before the end of the month as our black friday coupon ends on the 30th!

Sponsored
OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE - After hearing back from Fraser, I've decided to move away from the JL 4" & 6.5" speakers and go w/ a component setup in the front using Audiofrog GS series speakers. Direction I'm heading now is:

Dash Center - leaving as is or unplugging
A-Pillar (below airbag) - Audiofrog GS10 (2 channels x 75w RMS)
Dash R/L - Audiofrog GS40 (2 channels x 75w RMS)
Kick - Audiofrog GS60 (2 channels x 150w RMS)
Rear - Audiofrog GS62 in 6.5" aftermarket pods (2 channels x 75w RMS)
Sub - JL Stealthbox (1 channel x 250w RMS)

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UPDATE - After hearing back from Fraser, I've decided to move away from the JL 4" & 6.5" speakers and go w/ a component setup in the front using Audiofrog GS series speakers. Direction I'm heading now is:

Dash Center - leaving as is or unplugging
A-Pillar (below airbag) - Audiofrog GS10 (2 channels x 75w RMS)
Dash R/L - Audiofrog GS40 (2 channels x 75w RMS)
Kick - Audiofrog GS60 (2 channels x 150w RMS)
Rear - Audiofrog GS62 in 6.5" aftermarket pods (2 channels x 75w RMS)
Sub - JL Stealthbox (1 channel x 250w RMS)
The Audiofrog lineup will sound amazing from what I’ve heard.

Question on the JL stealth box, I think it is a 2 Ohms subwoofer. How did you connect it to the mObridge?

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly what my upgrade plan is. Already have replaced the centers with the JL c1's and the kickers with JL C1 650x.

Next stop, JL Stealthbox and Mobridge.

Perfect timing - i just sent mobridge this EXACT scenario and asked them advice on things - I'll share with you once I get an answer.

I wish you luck and i'll be following along!

Wife is now on her 2nd Bronco now at this point since Dec 2021 (#1 MY21 4dr BL w/ Lux package & replaced w/ #2 MY23 4dr BL w/ Lux package) and she has been hounding me to rip out the B&O POS system and overhaul the sound system, but I knew our plan was to replace the ’21 for the ’23 so I put it off while also waiting to see what products would make it to the market. I've read every possible thread multiple times during this time period and obviously some thoughts have changed as you'll see below.

I’m looking for guidance and/or suggestions as to if you could do things over again, would you have gone a different route regarding speakers. She drives a lot with the top open & windows down, likes her music clean, loud & w/ nice bass without the mirror shaking other cars at stoplights/hear coming from 5 blocks away bass.

In my jeep I can drive 65mph down the highway, top down, doors off, and one can still hear the music over the wind and noise of true 35” MT tires. Unfortunately, I spent way too much $ and time making all that happen years ago while also losing rear cargo space for a custom downfiring sub box. That was the last time I’ve had to mess with a factory sound system overhaul.

Here was my plan:
  • Remove/replace the POS B&O amp/dsp with the @mObridge Bronco K2 amp/dsp.
  • Remove/replace the OEM 4” dash speaks with JL C1 4” speakers.
    • Should I replace the OEM center channel speaker w/ a JL C1 4” or completely remove the center channel from being used after installing the m0bridge setup?
  • Remove/replace the OEM 6.5” kick panel speakers with ?
    • Original plan didn’t include replacing the kick panel speakers if I was keeping the POS B&O amp/dsp, however, with the installation of the m0bridge setup, that has changed, and I need to figure out which 6.5” speakers to go with. Any thoughts?
  • Remove/replace the rear OEM 4” speaker pods & speakers with 6.5” pods & speakers, while adding sound deadening inside the pods along w/ polyfill.
    • Again, the original plan wasn’t to replace the OEM 4” w/ 6.5” speakers if I was keeping the POS B&O amp/dsp, however, with the installation of the m0bridge setup, that has changed, and I need to figure out which 6.5-6.75” speakers to go with. Any thoughts? Remember…this is a 4dr.
  • Remove/replace the POS OEM sub & box with the JL Stealthbox Bronco option.
    • *NOTE – For various reasons, a custom sub box in the rear cargo area, box mounted on the tailgate, or a box underneath any of the seats are NOT an option. Zero space should be lost in the rear cargo area & it must remain a clean look. I’ve always had good luck w/ JL subs and their stealthbox build quality.
  • Installing sound deadening behind the rear quarter trim panels, cargo interior of the tub (sides & floor), inside the tailgate door.
  • I'll also be installing the Hot Head Headliner (I opted for the no OEM headliner installed by factory on MIC top for this exact reason) & sound deadening kit once I can get to a point to where I can remove the rear hardtop shell for the install.

ehock

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly what my upgrade plan is. Already have replaced the centers with the JL c1's and the kickers with JL C1 650x.

Next stop, JL Stealthbox and Mobridge.

Perfect timing - i just sent mobridge this EXACT scenario and asked them advice on things - I'll share with you once I get an answer.

I wish you luck and i'll be following along!

Have to jump in here and provide some feedback from my own journey through all of this. First off, mObridge is the way to go....Fraser and the mObridge team are great.

I originally went with the JL C1's for all, and it sounded great, but you'll probably end up wanting to replace the 6 1/2" JL C1 650's in the front kick. They struggled to keep up with the power that the amp will throw at them once they are tuned. I swapped them out with Morel's and it's been a HUGE improvement.

I'm more than likely going to swap out my 4" JL C1's in the front left/right in the near term as well, but I'll keep them in the rear 6 1/2" pods. Center shouldn't matter as much since you'll only use that for your phone/voice based on your config with the mObridge amp.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect timing - Fraser from Mobridge actually responded back with exactly that.

Put the Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 402 MKII's in the front, and the 602s in the kickers.

Have to jump in here and provide some feedback from my own journey through all of this. First off, mObridge is the way to go....Fraser and the mObridge team are great.

I originally went with the JL C1's for all, and it sounded great, but you'll probably end up wanting to replace the 6 1/2" JL C1 650's in the front kick. They struggled to keep up with the power that the amp will throw at them once they are tuned. I swapped them out with Morel's and it's been a HUGE improvement.

I'm more than likely going to swap out my 4" JL C1's in the front left/right in the near term as well, but I'll keep them in the rear 6 1/2" pods. Center shouldn't matter as much since you'll only use that for your phone/voice based on your config with the mObridge amp.

Sponsored

Stevoid

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you put the Morels in? Crutchfield saying the 402’s won’t fit.

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They will fit, you just need to knock the ring on the underside of the speaker grills off.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are going to be very happy with mObridge. I have had Hertz and now Morel speakers in and both sound soo much better than B&O system. Subwoofer upgrade is necessary, haven’t heard the JL but people seem to like it and its the only decent option to go in the OEM space.
The sub is definitely necessary... I have the MoBridge with Morel speakers and the Kicker 48TRTP122 sub, really sounds great after tuning it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you put the Morels in? Crutchfield saying the 402’s won’t fit.
They fit (ultra coax 402 Mk II). At least they did on my 2021 Bronco OBX lux.

OpDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 / 23 OBX SAS (3/27/23 Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the mObridge delete the center speaker or is that what you are choosing with your setup? Another thread commented how Focal ACX were 'too bright' and the JL C1 were better up front, how would the Morels compare in this aspect?

...Looks like I'm three days late on the December $200 off coupon(mObridge), too. Ouch.
Sponsored