sp4nno

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, BMW 440
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Walked into Sunnyvale Ford CA and picked up this Willdtrak Lux off the lot a couple of weeks ago. Dealer wanted 10K ADM, negotiated them down to $500 (that’s right, five hundred). I could have probably got it for MSRP. I feel like they must have conned me somehow, just not worked it out yet, lol.
Anyway, what an awesome vehicle!
Ford Bronco Wildtrak mall crawler IMG_4192

Added the hitch receiver yesterday (that lefty bracket bolt sheared at only 14 Nm):
Ford Bronco Wildtrak mall crawler IMG_4171
Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s only a mall crawler if that’s where you go. Download the bronco trail app and get busy.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you live in California there’s no excuse to mall crawl. Literally great wheeling the entire expanse of the state.

You don’t have to run the Rubicon trail, but just go do something; otherwise, what was the point?

There’s a wheeler in you OP, take your ass outside and get after it! ;)

OP
OP

sp4nno

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, BMW 440
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the encouragement. I didn’t know about the bronco trail app (Ford have spammed me with all kinds of “how to roll up the windows” content, but left this out).

Time to get researching what I should take to a first “easy” trail.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the encouragement. I didn’t know about the bronco trail app (Ford have spammed me with all kinds of “how to roll up the windows” content, but left this out).

Time to get researching what I should take to a first “easy” trail.
No shame in “easy” trials; they’re fun, have some excitement, and you get to focus on the beauty of nature.

Don’t let the wanna be Ultra4 wheelers and YouTubers get into your head. Relaxing, slower drives in the dirt or sand are very fun and won’t damage your new Bronco. Carry with you a few essentials, then just enjoy yourself.

Trust me you and the family will love the sense of adventure; it’ll change your life and outlook.

Best to you friend.

Sponsored

lucunup

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco. F150 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Walked into Sunnyvale Ford CA and picked up this Willdtrak Lux off the lot a couple of weeks ago. Dealer wanted 10K ADM, negotiated them down to $500 (that’s right, five hundred). I could have probably got it for MSRP. I feel like they must have conned me somehow, just not worked it out yet, lol.
Anyway, what an awesome vehicle!
Ford Bronco Wildtrak mall crawler 20230630_194118

Added the hitch receiver yesterday (that lefty bracket bolt sheared at only 14 Nm):
Ford Bronco Wildtrak mall crawler 20230630_194118
Go to Hollister, that's where I went for my 1st time. https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1179
There are all levels of trails there. Try to go with someone who's been as it's a bit more fun. Also, don't forget the Ford Off-Roadeo https://broncooffroadeo.com/, it's a wonderful one-day Bronco-only training class that's included with your purchase of the Bronco.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought my Bronco to take me to places (AND BACK) where there aren’t any people. Moab…Sand Hollow, no thanks, and OHV parks (follow the leader, no thanks). Somewhere on remote trails in northern Arkansas, in Utah’s Henry Mountains, obscure places in Arizona, Big Bend Area of Texas, I’m looking for quiet solitude and I hope I won’t see you there.

No offense to those of you that off-road with the crowds in popular places, but that’s just not my cup of tea at this point in my life.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I started with the national forests and parks, many are forest service roads (labeled FS and #, eg. FS 123), bunny trails basically, no rush, especially if it’s also your daily driver.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought my Bronco to take me to places (AND BACK) where there aren’t any people. Moab…Sand Hollow, no thanks, and OHV parks (follow the leader, no thanks). Somewhere on remote trails in northern Arkansas, in Utah’s Henry Mountains, obscure places in Arizona, Big Bend Area of Texas, I’m looking for quiet solitude and I hope I won’t see you there.

No offense to those of you that off-road with the crowds in popular places, but that’s just not my cup of tea at this point in my life.
While I agree with you on almost every point (dear lord I would never go to an OHV park), it totally goes against the spirit of this community to tell people to stay home. I would say come to NM since we have some great remote trails, but I'd rather not see you out there. You sound like the type of guy that drives right on past when someone's stuck.

Sponsored

HenryGX

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get that thing dirty! Congrats and enjoy

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations on your purchase--and getting such a good deal! You'll probably spend the money you "saved" on accessories and upgrades, so be prepared!

I'll second lucunup's comments, a few posts up. Start with easy, comfortable unpaved back roads and trails, work your way up. Sign up ASAP with the Off-Roadeo course. If you have the time, budget, and inclination, take the Moab course (Las Vegas may be more practicable), and plan on a few days after to do some wheeling on your own (easy trails). Try and connect with other Bronco wheelers (or Jeeps!) and go with buddies or groups as you gain experience. On these forums, too.

Start learning about recovery gear and procedures. Check out thebronconation.com, also. Plenty of videos on line.
Sponsored

Last edited: