Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im guilty of tacking on the "mall crawler" label to jeeps/trucks that have oversized wheels and low-profile tires (both street and off-road tread). thats a combo that does not offer any benefit off the pavement
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps less time on 4x4 forums is the proper move here. I mean it bothered you so much to create a thread about it so you can keep hovering over it instead of just getting on. I use the ignore button on everyone who perpetuates the "moar door" bullshit unless its clearly tounge-in-cheek.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

im guilty of tacking on the "mall crawler" label to jeeps/trucks that have oversized wheels and low-profile tires (both street and off-road tread). thats a combo that does not offer any benefit off the pavement
I’m all for Jeeps with 20s and low profiles. I just nod and move on like any other vehicle. I know not to waste my time discussing trails and they don’t have to point out all the shackles, recovery boards and RTT permanently mounted but never used. I like time savers.

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
M
Is it just me, or are many of you offended when the term “Mall Crawler” is used to describe your beloved ride? Just because I didn’t buy my Bronco to go hard core off reading ALL THE TIME and I choose to dress it up to make it my own, doesn’t make it a mall crawler. I bought it for may reasons. I always make all of my rides somewhat uniquely mine. Wheels, tires, exhaust etc. My ride may be a “Neighborhood Nuisance”, a “Drag Strip Diva”, or a ”Highway Hauler”, but it sure the hell isn’t a mall crawler.
Mines a “mall crawler” and I give zero fux about it lol
Ford Bronco Mall Crawler??? NOT B0951DC0-2AB9-4DB6-A322-DD825D94CCB7

Sponsored
OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why ddi you buy a badlands then??
I chose the Badlands because, to me, it was the most “capable” version of the Bronco. I knew I would never need high speed off roading (spell check got me again) like the WildTrack. I deer hunt, when I can, and often have to drive back in fields where normally you could only go with a four wheeler. Takes me back to when. I was a kid in the late 60’s early 70’s of deer hunting and a friend of my dad’s getting stuck in a brand new Ford pickup, dad pulled him out with his Jeep Commander (I think), it was hilarious!!! Anyway, deer hunting, bad winters in Iowa, and who would I be to ignore the fact that it is just badass!

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always make all of my rides somewhat uniquely mine. Wheels, tires, exhaust etc. My ride may be a “Neighborhood Nuisance”, a “Drag Strip Diva”, or a ”Highway Hauler”, but it sure the hell isn’t a mall crawler.
It would help everyone to judge you more if you shared a photo with your post of your : Neighborhood Nuisance.
When I look up "Mall Crawler" in the dictionary, I get a photo of a: AMG G 63 SUV

https___hypebeast.com_image_2022_10_mansory-mercedes-amg-g-wagon-custom-suicide-doors-tw.jpg

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you take it to go shopping?
Errands yes, shopping no, we take my wife’s. It is my daily driver now, 3500 sits at home.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The people who crap on Miatas with terms like barbie ferrari care more about their image than actually enjoying a fun car.
I've had a couple NA (1st gen) Miatas - with my favorite being a super clean 1994, that I had for 7 years - the longest I've owned any daily driver. I did several track events with it (I did the autocross thing, and couldn't stand waiting an hour to go out and do a 2 minute run)... had it set up with Bilstein HD shocks, Flyin' Miata springs and sway bars, Hard dog roll bar, sticky tires, and that thing would turn the same lap times as a Porsche or Corvette at the track - they'd blow by me on the straights, but within 3 corners, I'd be back on them and passing them.. To this day, I still say that the Miata was the best 'drivers car' I've ever owned. And, I always say that anyone who talks trash about a Miata has never TRULY driven one (not just talking about a little jaunt around the neighborhood). They are phenomenal cars. Here's my 1994 - I sold it in 2012 and still regret selling it.

328851_10150652569316675_670356926_o.jpeg

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would help everyone to judge you more if you shared a photo with your post of your : Neighborhood Nuisance.
When I look up "Mall Crawler" in the dictionary, I get a photo of a: AMG G 63 SUV

https___hypebeast.com_image_2022_10_mansory-mercedes-amg-g-wagon-custom-suicide-doors-tw.jpg
My neighborhood nuisance was my Challenger Hellcat and my 32 hemi Plymouth 3 window, both gone now.

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Naw, doesnt hurt my feelings. I built my rig so I can go wheeling and have fun, but I also love how it looks. It is my DD, and I drive it to work, groceries, pre school. Maybe it is a mall crawler, but who cares. I have a f#cking Bronco and I love driving it.

Reactions: Ixr

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does Iowa even have a mall?

Reactions: Ixr

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me, or are many of you offended when the term “Mall Crawler” is used to describe your beloved ride? Just because I didn’t buy my Bronco to go hard core off reading ALL THE TIME and I choose to dress it up to make it my own, doesn’t make it a mall crawler. I bought it for may reasons. I always make all of my rides somewhat uniquely mine. Wheels, tires, exhaust etc. My ride may be a “Neighborhood Nuisance”, a “Drag Strip Diva”, or a ”Highway Hauler”, but it sure the hell isn’t a mall crawler.
Personally what ANYONE ELSE thinks of my choices is completely irrelevant. We live in an age where people seem to require "acceptance" by others. I couldn't care less what my neighbor thinks of my car or what I do with it.