Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great post, they are extremely capable! I am using mine for a bit of everything too. I did wash and clean the interior Thursday and lived the easy clean up of MGV too!
Sponsored

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I was out there yesterday, I was at the top of a pretty hairy climb and this dude that looks like he ought to be making moonshine instead of wheeling pulls up next to me on a Razor and asks me:
"What in the hell are you doing!? That looks brand new, how long have you had it?"
My reply:
"I've had it 3 days. You know, if I had bought a Shelby GT 500 and drove it around at 100 mph, no one would ask why, because it is made to go 100 mph+. I'm just driving this one the way it was built and intended to be driven, that's all."
His response: "Damn straight, good for you. Enjoy it!"

I was a buddy's house one night and he breaks out a brand new bottle of Pappy Van Winkle and pours us both a pretty deep glass. When I finished mine, he fills it all the way back up again. I reminded him that was a $200 bottle of bourbon and his simple response was "If you have a $200 bottle of bourbon and don't drink it, you may as well not have a $200 bottle of bourbon."

So using that logic: If you have a Bronco and don't drive it like it was meant to be driven, you may as well not have a Bronco.
I’m just here to ask where the heck can you get Pappy for $200 these days?

LeJerk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Space X Shuttle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow that's a lot of dust! I hope you know a good detailer or have an air compressor to blow it out and then a wet rag haha

OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just here to ask where the heck can you get Pappy for $200 these days?
Well, that was quite a few trips around the sun ago when it was both available and cheaper. Used to get the Rip Van Winkle for $25 a bottle down at the local store.

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3 days old and I've already got rock rash on the beauty rings and the entire interior is covered in dust

IMG_1646.jpg

20210807_154706.jpg

20210807_140945.jpg
Love it!
Met you at the preview in Lexington at Paul Miller Ford few months ago. Glad you got yours. Looks like sometime in '22 for mine.
Enjoy!

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So using that logic: If you have a Bronco and don't drive it like it was meant to be driven, you may as well not have a Bronco.
You hit the nail on the head with this statement. Buying a vehicle specially designed for off-roading then never taking it off-road is a sad joke in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, people have the right to do whatever they want to with their money; however, I also have the right to think they are dumb.

I may get a little flack about this next statement but here it goes anyway: I hate fake people that do fake things. Buying a Bronco (or a Jeep) just because it "looks cool" then never taking it of road is fake. It's like I know these people that have a brand new 3/4 ton truck but they don't even own a trailer (or anything to tow or haul for that matter), they just waste tons of money in gas driving that thing around for no reason. Another example is the old guy in town who has a Porsche who NEVER takes it above 45 mph (car abuse, gotta let that baby run every once in a while). I guess do whatever makes you happy but what a waste.

I am going to wheel the hell out of my Badlands! My friends keep telling me that I'm not going to take a $62,000 vehicle out and rock crawl. I'm like just wait and see. I'm going to be at the rock park the FIRST weekend and I promise I'm going to scare the shit out of them with what this thing will do...

I am SO glad to see this post and to see that dirty off-road machine! I can't wait to have mine.

Last edited:

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, and here I am in the middle, saying both of those are valid reasons, as long as they're being driven.
I'll daily drive the crap out of mine, but I intend to trail it too.
It's the folks that buy a Corvette/Mustang/Viper/....anything really,
and never drive it are the ones that baffle the heck out of me. They just sit there and look at it in the garage.
"Yep, I only put 25 miles on it last year!!"
What??? Why???
I mean, on-road, off road, at the track, they are meant to be driven and enjoyed.

I'm betting their wives are ... umm.... unsatisfied. LOL
I just got a new Mustang convertible and I have the urge to "save it". I LOVE driving it and I take it cruising every day its not raining (already put over 1000 miles on it in a month going nowhere in particular). But for some reason I find myself not wanting to waste it going shopping or running errands. Weird eh? A convertible makes those mundane tasks exhilarating! I'm definitely fighting that urge to save it. Only live once!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You hit the nail on the head with this statement. Buying a vehicle specially designed for off-roading then never taking it off-road is a sad joke in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, people have the right to do whatever they want to with their money; however, I also have the right to think they are dumb.

I may get a little flack about this next statement but here it goes anyway: I hate fake people that do fake things. Buying a Bronco (or a Jeep) just because it "looks cool" then never taking it of road is fake. It's like I know these people that have a brand new 3/4 ton truck but they don't even own a trailer (or anything to tow or haul for that matter), they just waste tons of money in gas driving that thing around for no reason. Another example is the old guy in town who has a Porsche who NEVER takes it above 45 mph (car abuse, gotta let that baby run every once in a while). I guess do whatever makes you happy but what a waste.

I am going to wheel the hell out of my Badlands! My friends keep telling me that I'm not going to take a $62,000 vehicle out and rock crawl. I'm like just wait and see. I'm going to be at the rock park the FIRST weekend and I promise I'm going to scare the shit out of them with what this thing will do...

I am SO glad to see this post and to see that dirty off-road machine! I can't wait to have mine.
CHEERS TO THAT MATE!
I share similar views on folks that buy sports cars but drive them like a base corolla. Had a friend that bought the same car as me and asked him, hey you ever do any burnouts or drifts? Oh, no way man! Ummm What? Why'd you buy it then?!

OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that I'm on a regular keyboard (not a phone) I can type a little better and share a little more.

First off, I just turned 53 on the 1st, so I drive a little differently than I did 15 or 20 years ago, tear-assing around at breakneck speeds. That being said, as everyone has heard more than once, the 2.3L was plenty hp for me (I'm keeping 92 octane in it).

Using the crawler gear in 4L is sick!

With no top or doors and lots of sun shining, that amount of dust nearly rendered the 12" screen useless because of the glare on the screen. I didn't want to just wipe it off as I was concerned about scratching the glass. I may start keeping a can of compressed air in there to keep the screen blown off in dusty conditions.

The camera views were helpful, but nothing compares to putting your actual eyes on your obstacle. The 2D feed on the screen nulls out any sort of depth perception, so relying on just the camera for picking a line is more difficult than I would have imagined. Think of what a picture of the engine bay looks like compared to actually looking into the engine bay. Same with the rocks/ruts etc. Regardless, I still found the camera views overall helpful, especially the view of the front tires while crawling.

A cover for the soft top when it is in the fully lowered position would be a nice addition to keep the dust out of the inside of the top.

My wife bought me a battery powered ratchet for my birthday to keep in the truck and use to take off the doors. GET ONE!! Now, I just need to find a magnetized 13mm socket (3/8" drive) to keep me from dropping the door bolts.

When raising the soft top from the fully lowered position to the middle position, sometimes the latch on the drivers side to keep it locked in position doesn't latch up and I had to mess with it some to get it to stay secured. No big deal to me.

The carpet floor mats that come with it, the rear mats do not snap into place like they do in the front, so one of mine have blown out already. I was planning on getting the Bronco branded floor liners with me Ford Pass points anyhow.

The stereo is, meh. It is probably fine for me, as I mostly listen to podcasts or AM talk radio (yeah, I'm one of the guys that use the AM/FM antenna), but I do plan to install some aftermarket dual cone speakers to the dash and the rear pods for when I'm on the trail listening to some music. The stock speakers are uninspiring, but functional.

I'll add more if anything crosses my mind.

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that I'm on a regular keyboard (not a phone) I can type a little better and share a little more.

First off, I just turned 53 on the 1st, so I drive a little differently than I did 15 or 20 years ago, tear-assing around at breakneck speeds. That being said, as everyone has heard more than once, the 2.3L was plenty hp for me (I'm keeping 92 octane in it).

Using the crawler gear in 4L is sick!

With no top or doors and lots of sun shining, that amount of dust nearly rendered the 12" screen useless because of the glare on the screen. I didn't want to just wipe it off as I was concerned about scratching the glass. I may start keeping a can of compressed air in there to keep the screen blown off in dusty conditions.

The camera views were helpful, but nothing compares to putting your actual eyes on your obstacle. The 2D feed on the screen nulls out any sort of depth perception, so relying on just the camera for picking a line is more difficult than I would have imagined. Think of what a picture of the engine bay looks like compared to actually looking into the engine bay. Same with the rocks/ruts etc. Regardless, I still found the camera views overall helpful, especially the view of the front tires while crawling.

A cover for the soft top when it is in the fully lowered position would be a nice addition to keep the dust out of the inside of the top.

My wife bought me a battery powered ratchet for my birthday to keep in the truck and use to take off the doors. GET ONE!! Now, I just need to find a magnetized 13mm socket (3/8" drive) to keep me from dropping the door bolts.

When raising the soft top from the fully lowered position to the middle position, sometimes the latch on the drivers side to keep it locked in position doesn't latch up and I had to mess with it some to get it to stay secured. No big deal to me.

The carpet floor mats that come with it, the rear mats do not snap into place like they do in the front, so one of mine have blown out already. I was planning on getting the Bronco branded floor liners with me Ford Pass points anyhow.

The stereo is, meh. It is probably fine for me, as I mostly listen to podcasts or AM talk radio (yeah, I'm one of the guys that use the AM/FM antenna), but I do plan to install some aftermarket dual cone speakers to the dash and the rear pods for when I'm on the trail listening to some music. The stock speakers are uninspiring, but functional.

I'll add more if anything crosses my mind.
I plan on getting something like this to help with the screen:
Amazon.com: Screen Protector Foils for 2021 F-150 F150 SYNC4 12In Navigation Display Tempered Glass 9H Hardness HD Clear LCD GPS Touch Screen Protective Film (Glass Protector)

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what your saying is I should be able to run down hedges in the Target parking lot without issue?

OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what your saying is I should be able to run down hedges in the Target parking lot without issue?
Get a BL so you can use the disco on the curbs!
Sponsored